PDA

View Full Version : The Marshal - Am I missing something?

Shadow_Elf
2011-03-31, 07:30 PM
Okay, so Wizards, after some pomp and fanfare, released the 4EE Warlord: The Marshal. Aaaand... it is exactly the same as the Warlord we already had. With fancy new formatting. So, my question is this; am I missing something, or did they just waste a perfectly good class name like "Marshal" for nothing?

Surrealistik
2011-03-31, 07:39 PM
Anything to avoid fixing the Assassin.

Mando Knight
2011-03-31, 07:39 PM
You missed nothing. The "new" Warlord is the "old" Warlord with a slightly different presentation and some errata applied.

DeltaEmil
2011-03-31, 07:51 PM
The Player's Handbook 1 Fighter has also been essentialized into the "weapon master" or something like that.

Expect a few more basic classes from the 1st and 2nd player's handbook to be written into the essentials-format.

Nothing to squee about.

MeeposFire
2011-03-31, 10:59 PM
Okay, so Wizards, after some pomp and fanfare, released the 4EE Warlord: The Marshal. Aaaand... it is exactly the same as the Warlord we already had. With fancy new formatting. So, my question is this; am I missing something, or did they just waste a perfectly good class name like "Marshal" for nothing?

You did not miss anything this was supposed to be minor. Just like the weapon master fighter this name allows them to differentiate different sub-classes of a main class (for fighter it is weapon master, slayer, and knight) under a class banner of marital. I do not know if they will ever make another sub-class of warlord but if they do marshal will be the name of the original one.

Jack_Banzai
2011-04-01, 02:02 AM
You did not miss anything this was supposed to be minor. Just like the weapon master fighter this name allows them to differentiate different sub-classes of a main class (for fighter it is weapon master, slayer, and knight) under a class banner of marital. I do not know if they will ever make another sub-class of warlord but if they do marshal will be the name of the original one.

There was also a lot of errata in there. Clunky text was clarified.

Kurald Galain
2011-04-01, 03:29 AM
Well, WOTC was originally going to release this in hardcover and make you pay for it. So I'm glad they decided to put it on their webpage for free instead. But yeah, you get exactly what you pay for.

Reverent-One
2011-04-01, 08:45 AM

Actually, it's not the 4EE warlord since we're out of the Essentials now, it's the Class Compedium Warlord. Which is exactly what is says on the tin article: "The Class Compendium series of articles provides revisions and updates for the versions of these four classes (Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard) that were originally presented in the 4th Edition Player’s Handbook, along with an updated version of the warlord". The whole purpose of these articles is just to put out (some of) the the PHB I classes with the updates built in, not create new builds.