PDA

View Full Version : Call of Cthulhu - Eibon in Published Scenarios?

rayne_dragon
2011-03-31, 10:50 PM
Ever since I listened to the audiobook of The Door to Saturn I've wanted to use Eibon as an NPC in a Call of Cthulhu game. However, I'm now curious if much has been writen about him in published scenarios already and I suspect that if he did feature he would be a rather different character from how he was in the book. Does anyone know of any Call of Cthulhu scenarios that feature any information about him? Or care to share their impressions on this famous sorcerer?

WalkingTarget
2011-03-31, 11:16 PM
I am unaware of any CoC scenarios that address him specifically as a character. The Book of Eibon crops up occasionally.

The spell, Eibon's Wheel of Mist can be very handy when dealing with the servants of Nyarlathotep, such as in Masks.

TroubleBrewing
2011-04-01, 03:00 PM
I've actually used him as sort of a Randall Flagg-esque character in two games I've run.

The party ran into him in Boston during a 20's CoC game, and then, after that game finished, about six months later in a Conan D20 game hiding in a cave in Hyrkania.

I'm not sure if he appears in any published adventures, though.

some guy
2011-04-10, 06:26 PM
When I read the post I got all excited 'cause I confused Eibon with Eihort. I like Eihort. :smallfrown:

Anyway, for Eibon I got nothing. The Book of Eibon is mentioned in the scenario "The source and the end" from The Stars are right!, but nothing on Eibon self.

rayne_dragon
2011-04-11, 01:04 AM
It's funny because pretty much right after I made this thread I found out that Eibon has a significant role in Spawn of Azathoth. He's a lot different in that campaign than in Door to Saturn, though - but to be fair it may not be Eibon so much as a reflection or portion of him in that scenario.