GD 21
Immune Entropy, Fire, Fear; Resist Acid 1; Weak None
Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +4
SR 20; HV 6
SQ Legendary, Three Heads, Vigilance
[hr]
Offense
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Melee 2 claws +16 (1d8+7) and 3 bites +14 (2d6+3 and 1d6 fire, 18-20/x2)
Ranged none
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
BAB +10; Grp +23
Attack Options Pounce, Maul, Rend 2d8+10
Special Actions Fearsome Bite, Howl of Terror, Improved Grab, Trip
Combat Gear None
[hr]
Post-Combat
Death Hades' Tremors (4d8, Reflex DC 22 negates)
Linger Desecrate (CL 10)
Treasure Half normal
[hr]
Other
Abilities Str 24 Dex 15 Con 21 Int 6 Wis 13 Cha 8
Composite 12
Apprentice Skills Athletics (+14), Awareness (+13), Grapple (+23), Intimidate (+11), Ride (+19), Search (+13), Sense Motive (+13), Use Device (+11)
Journeyman Skills Survival (+16)
Mastered Skills None
[hr]
Feats
Ability Focus (Howl of Terror): A cerberus adds +3 to the saving throw DC of its howl of terror. (6 pts)
Combat Reflexes: A cerberus may make a number of additional attacks of opportunity equal to its Dexterity bonus (2). With this feat, it may also make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.
Improved Critical: A cerberus' threat range with its bite attack is 18-20. (6 pts)
Improved Grapple: A cerberus does not provoke an attack of opportunity when it makes a touch attack to start a grapple. It also gains a +4 bonus on all grapple checks, regardless of whether it started the grapple.
Improved Initiative: A cerberus gains a +6 bonus on Initiative checks. (6 pts)
Power Attack: On its action, before making attack rolls for a round, a cerberus may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls and add the same number to all melee damage rolls. This number may not exceed its base attack bonus (10). The penalty on attacks and bonus on damage apply until its next turn.
[hr]
Abilities
All-Around Vision (Pr): A cerberus' three heads allows it to see in multiple directions at once. It cannot be flanked.
Damage Reduction (Ex): A cerberus' damage reduction can only be overcome when it can hear music.
Fearsome Bite (Ex): A cerberus may attack with all three of its bite attacks as a standard action.
Hades' Tremors (Su): A dying cerberus' howl cracks the earth, dealing 4d8 damage to creatures and structures in a 30 ft. radius. In areas with weak walls, this effect may cause the ceiling to crack, further aggravating the damage. The death of a cerberus also immediately creates a desecrate effect. Substitute the cerberus' Hit Dice for the caster level for this effect.
Howl of Terror (Pr): As a standard action, a cerberus may howl with one or more of its heads. Creatures within the howl's 60 ft. cone become panicked. A successful Will save (DC 18) negates this effect. The cerberus may use one or both of the other two heads for bite attacks as part of this ability, or increase the save DC by 2 for each additional head that howls.
Improved Grab (Ex): If a cerberus successfully hits a Large or smaller creature with two or more bite attacks in the same round, it deals normal damage and attempts to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. No initial touch attack is required.
Legendary (Su): Cerberi cannot have their Hero Value lowered.
Maul (Ex): If a cerberus hits with two bite attacks, it begins to rip apart the opponent’s body. This attack automatically deals an additional 3d6+10 damage. If it hits with all three bite attacks, it deals an additional 4d6+14 damage.
Rend (Ex): If a cerberus hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d8+10 damage.
Three Heads (Ex): A cerberus can attack with three bite attacks as a standard action. A cerberus does not die from losing a single head (to a vorpal weapon, for example) unless it would have no more heads remaining.
Trip (Ex): A cerberus that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+11 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the cerberus.
Vigilance (Pr): A cerberus can see through the following effects, and anything that replicates their effects: blur, displacement, invisibility, mirror image.

lightningcat
2011-04-01, 01:24 AM
Resist Acid 1? :smallconfused:
Is that correct?

Lappy9000
2011-04-01, 01:31 AM
Resist Acid 1? :smallconfused:
Is that correct?It's resist 1 point of Acid damage per damage dice, I believe.

Nothing really stands out as far as I can tell. It certainly feels like a cerberus, though, which is awesome. Looks like a very fun monster to encounter which is more than can be said for most creatures. Good work.

Tanuki Tales
2011-04-01, 09:52 AM
Sorry for my ignorance on the project in question, but are there actually weapons made of music in it?

Otherwise I would think you should just give it some Lyrical vulnerability that robs it of its Damage Reduction temporarily.

Fax Celestis
2011-04-01, 11:29 AM
Sorry for my ignorance on the project in question, but are there actually weapons made of music in it?
It says right there...

Damage Reduction (Ex): A cerberus' damage reduction can only be overcome when it can hear music.

Tanuki Tales
2011-04-01, 12:13 PM
It says right there...

And somehow I missed that. :smallyuk:

Thanks.

afroakuma
2011-04-01, 12:44 PM
It's resist 1 point of Acid damage per damage dice, I believe.

That's correct.

Nothing really stands out as far as I can tell. It certainly feels like a cerberus, though, which is awesome.

Woo! :smallbiggrin:

Looks like a very fun monster to encounter which is more than can be said for most creatures. Good work.

It's at its nastiest when it grapples you; the Maul damage piles on quickly, and it can get off two bites and a Howl of Terror easily.