PDA

View Full Version : Which Polearm Are You?

Kurald Galain
2011-04-01, 03:40 AM
How is your halberdology? Test your glaive-savvy! WOTC has published an official polearm test to find out!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/polearmquiz

Eldan
2011-04-01, 03:48 AM
Ah, well. Scored a 10, but I really only knew the basic types. Halberds are everywhere around here. In every museum, on murals, engravings, weather vanes, carved doors...

Xefas
2011-04-01, 03:59 AM
Scored a 9. I got the Bec De Corbin, Lucern Hammer, Ranseur, Fauchard, Guisarme, Bill, Volge-Guisarme, Fauchard Fork, and Military Fork correct. I can't believe I got Glaive wrong :smallfrown:. I confused it with the Glaive-Guisarme.

Admiral Squish
2011-04-01, 04:02 AM
13/22! I think I'm the first poster here to get more than 50% right!

Spiryt
2011-04-01, 04:18 AM
You selected 19 of 22 polearms correctly.

I must say that one with "awl pike" was pretty pointless, as many of those pikes weren't even really pikes, let alone "awl" :smallwink:

Also, one of the pole axes is not a pole axe by any stretch of imagination.

Anyway, fun test, but they should do it with legit antique weapons pictures, that would be something. :smallwink:

The_Snark
2011-04-01, 04:38 AM
... so many spikes. Oh god, so many minutely different little spikes, why would anyone ever need that many, who comes up with these things, why why why

Wait, I got a 14. That's... actually not bad. I missed all the glaive-guisarme-voulge combinations (as promised), as well as the awl pike (what's the difference between an awl pike and a regular pike, anyway?). I had the spetum and the partisan switched around (curses! Would've gotten a 16 if I'd gone with my first guess), and the bardiche and the lucern hammer and the poleaxe all mixed up.

I had no idea the lucern hammer was a real weapon until today.

Rion
2011-04-01, 04:49 AM
Got 16. Mixed up the spetum and the partisan and answered "wrong" in the awlpike one, (since an awlpike can only have the first head in the picture I went for pike instead).

Eldan
2011-04-01, 04:50 AM
Well, given that l'm about, what, 50 kilometers from Lucerne right now, that wasn't too difficult either :smallwink:

They really did invent loads and loads of these things here in the middle ages.

Yora
2011-04-01, 06:02 AM
Mixed up the spetum and the partisan
Me too. They are basically the same. :smallannoyed:

Eldan
2011-04-01, 06:02 AM
One, I think, has blades and the other spikes. Or something.

Talyn
2011-04-01, 06:34 AM
Hey, 12! Not bad, but I got the bardiche and the pole-axe backwards, which was a dumb mistake.

Man, those bring back memories of the 2nd edition weapon tables...

Spiryt
2011-04-01, 07:25 AM
One, I think, has blades and the other spikes. Or something.

Partisan basically has bladee with parts of it forming broad part near the haft, protruding into some kind of another points.

Basically, flat broad surface, which could easily decorated with pretty much everything, so I guess that's why it became so popular parade/guard weapon.

While spetum has distinctly separate blades - spikes at the side of main blade.

I would bet a lot that there are many items that would completely break this humble qualification, naturally. :smalltongue:

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 07:36 AM
12-15: Swashbuckler. You own several pole arms. You may have even read A Glossary of the Construction, Decoration, and use of Arms and Armor.

w00t! 14! The Lochaber Axe has always been my favorite (ever since reading the Elenium). :smallbiggrin:

Spiryt
2011-04-01, 07:40 AM
There was Lochaber axe in Elenium?

But there's no Lochaber in Eosia.... :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Firechanter
2011-04-01, 08:08 AM
I scored 13 (Swashbuckler), but tbh some answers of which I was quite sure turned out wrong, and others which were mostly guesswork turned out correct, so I'm not really as polearm-proficient as the score implies. ;)

Swordguy
2011-04-01, 08:36 AM
19/22.

Not showing the entire relative shaft lengths doesn't help. That's basically the only difference between some weapons, especially when looking at line drawings and not the actual weapons. Boo.

Shpadoinkle
2011-04-01, 08:40 AM
I got 11/22. So many of these things are practically the same and have effectively the same function. If I didn't know these all actually existed I'd think that whoever designed the test was just screwing with people.

Zombimode
2011-04-01, 08:56 AM
20/22

Well, that means I win, right? ;)

I confused the pole axe with the lochaber axe.
But probably I just got lucky with those glaive-guisarme-volgoues.

Yora
2011-04-01, 09:03 AM
It means you're huge nerd!

Which in this forum isn't anything exceptional.

But back to the topic: Which polearm am I now?

Knaight
2011-04-01, 09:14 AM

That said, some of the pictures were a bit sketchy. One of the pole axes, the awl pikes (shaft length data on everything would have been useful, particularly there), a handful of others.

Fhaolan
2011-04-01, 09:59 AM
21/22: Which is more luck than anything. Those drawings are deceiving. I just happened to pick one weapon out of the image to choose the right name for.

Only one of those is an awl-pike, the rest are just pikes. The ranseur picture also has a spetum in it, the pole axe image has a halberd, the voulge has a bardiche, and the the glaive has a glaive-fork.

LibraryOgre
2011-04-01, 10:18 AM
I got a 13. I actually own, in addition to "Dug-up ****" (the charming nickname for the original Unearthed Arcana that I heard once) a couple dictionaries of arms and armor.

ScionoftheVoid
2011-04-01, 03:57 PM
I got 9, and would have gotten a bit more (like, say, 11) if I'd kept all of the first answers I put in instead of doubting myself. Going from only other D&D illustrations from threads over the past year or two which I didn't reference whilst doing the quiz or look at too hard when I first saw them, I think that's pretty good.

Amnestic
2011-04-01, 04:14 PM
14/22. The power of guessing compels you!

Also:

But back to the topic: Which polearm am I now?

This! I don't know what polearm I am ;( False thread advertising!

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 04:15 PM
There was Lochaber axe in Elenium?

But there's no Lochaber in Eosia.... :smalltongue: :smallwink:

No doubt, but they still called Bevier's Lochaber Axe a "Lochaber Axe."

WhiteHarness
2011-04-01, 04:49 PM
20/22.

Oh yeah! :D

LibraryOgre
2011-04-01, 04:58 PM
... I now kinda want a banner that proudly proclaims "I am... A Bohemian Ear-Spoon"

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 05:02 PM
... I now kinda want a banner that proudly proclaims "I am... A Bohemian Ear-Spoon"I love it. I'm running down to the local sign shop to get my "I am a Lochaber Axe" sign right now.

Incanur
2011-04-01, 05:02 PM
Scored 16, but there's little logic to polearm names in general and this test in specific. I've never - ever - heard or read the terms "fauchard fork" or "glaive-fork" before. "Volge-guisarme" and such are similarly useless. The picture for that one includes an obvious early halberd beside two polearms I don't know what to call. The pole axe picture includes one pole axe and one halberd.

The Glyphstone
2011-04-01, 05:06 PM
I want my next fighter to have Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bohemian Back-Scratcher.

John Campbell
2011-04-01, 05:11 PM
The test got maybe 20 right.

Spiryt
2011-04-01, 05:14 PM
"Volge-guisarme" and such are similarly useless. The picture for that one includes an obvious early halberd beside two polearms I don't know what to call. The pole axe picture includes one pole axe and one halberd.

One looks indeed like "voulge guisarme" while the other looks like glaive with a hook, since it's not really placed on axe-like mounting like voulge would be.

Similarly with " glaive - fork" and "bill hook" I would be actually tempted to swap the terms, it would make a bit more sense, even though one should anyway technically be fauchard, given the blade on the concave side.

But it's all fun anyway, our ancestors would just call it "bill" or whatever and don't care any further about it. :smallwink:

LibraryOgre
2011-04-01, 05:16 PM
I want my next fighter to have Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bohemian Back-Scratcher.

"It's either a wand that casts the various 'Bigby's Hand' spells, or a +2 backscratcher."

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 05:23 PM
"It's either a wand that casts the various 'Bigby's Hand' spells, or a +2 backscratcher."Oh my god...you just made me feel old. I remember that illustration. Wait. :smalleek: I still have a full set of 1e books. :smalleek:

LibraryOgre
2011-04-01, 05:28 PM
Oh my god...you just made me feel old. I remember that illustration. Wait. :smalleek: I still have a full set of 1e books. :smalleek:

I use a 1e DMG with my Castles and Crusades game.

"Dave, get the barbarian in the corner another drink, quick!"

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 05:29 PM
I use a 1e DMG with my Castles and Crusades game.

"Dave, get the barbarian in the corner another drink, quick!"

I need to move to Houston. I would kill for a 1e game right about now.

Akal Saris
2011-04-01, 06:17 PM
Oh my god...you just made me feel old. I remember that illustration. Wait. :smalleek: I still have a full set of 1e books. :smalleek:

Heh...I remember that one.

I got a 9 on this...I'm a little disappointed :P

I vaguely remember 1E has a Bohemian Ear Spoon though.

Siosilvar
2011-04-01, 06:27 PM
12. I debated digging out my old Unearthed Arcana, but decided against it... then I saw the jab at the end. :smallamused:

"One false move, wizard, and the familiar gets it!"

stainboy
2011-04-01, 06:42 PM
I was ranked as a "swashbuckler." Why am I wearing a buckler with a polearm?

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 06:50 PM
I was ranked as a "swashbuckler." Why am I wearing a buckler with a polearm?Personally, I prefer my swashes unbuckled. They constrict the boys.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-01, 06:54 PM
I got warrior only because I was lazy and just answered C for everything.

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 07:05 PM
When in doubt, C your way out...:smalltongue:

Eldan
2011-04-01, 07:28 PM
I was ranked as a "swashbuckler." Why am I wearing a buckler with a polearm?

You might be a spaniard.

Scarlet-Devil
2011-04-01, 07:46 PM
11 right! I'm a bloody hero! :smallcool:

OracleofWuffing
2011-04-01, 07:52 PM
23/22. Not that tricky at all, really. Says I'm a knife, the most refined of polearms.

Amnestic
2011-04-01, 07:58 PM
23/22. Not that tricky at all, really. Says I'm a knife, the most refined of polearms.

Not that tricky indeed!

Partysan
2011-04-02, 05:51 AM
9. But given that I'm too young to have known any edition before 3.0 (except in the form of Baldur's Gate 2) I think it wasn't too bad.

Threeshades
2011-04-02, 06:03 AM
10/22

who needs this many pole-arms anyway? Give me a sharp rock on a long stick any day.

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-02, 07:24 AM
I got a 9/22. That's not spectacularly bad, right?

I just got all those glaive- and guisarme- combinations confused.

Autolykos
2011-04-02, 08:23 AM
17/22. But they got the Awl Pike wrong and probably confused Bardiche and Lochaber Axe (You couldn't rest a musket on any of the things they depicted as Bardiche).

Matthew
2011-04-02, 08:33 AM
I must say that one with

"awl pike" was pretty pointless, as many of those pikes weren't even really pikes, let alone "awl" :smallwink:

Also, one of the pole axes is not a pole axe by any stretch of imagination.

Anyway, fun test, but they should do it with legit antique weapons pictures, that would be something. :smallwink:

Aye, those are literally the pictures of Unearthed Arcana, some of which are a bit questionable. Gygax was pretty much refining his own taxonomy at the time. Without cheating and looking in my copy I managed to get 17/22. The five I got wrong were...

Pike → Awl Pike (Test is wrong, UA labels these pikes)
Bill-Guisarme → Bill Hook (could have gone either way)
Forgot to Choose → Ranseur
Forgot to Choose → Guisarme (Could have sworn I did, though)
Voulge Guisarme → Voulge (Curses!)

21/22: Which is more luck than anything. Those drawings are deceiving. I just happened to pick one weapon out of the image to choose the right name for.

Only one of those is an awl-pike, the rest are just pikes. The ranseur picture also has a spetum in it, the pole axe image has a halberd, the voulge has a bardiche, and the the glaive has a glaive-fork.

Indeedy, fun though! :smallbiggrin:

some guy
2011-04-02, 08:38 AM
I GOT AN 8!

Man, my brain fails to register the fauchard fork. How- Who even-

I think I will put a ye-olde-only-pole-arms-shoppe in my upcoming campaign.

PC: "Kind sirrah, do you have perchance any daggers?"
Shopkeep: "Dagger? Dag-ger?"*
PC: "Nevermind. How about a dirk?"
Shopkeep's assistant: "We have a bill."

*dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger
bardiche bardiche
dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger dagger
bardiche bardiche
Glaive! A glaive! Oh, it's a glaive!

Rion
2011-04-02, 08:50 AM
Shopkeep: "Dagger? Dag-ger?"*

Wouldn't it be a pretty bad shop if it didn't have any bills?:smallwink:

Vknight
2011-04-02, 09:02 AM
I got 7 but the weird part was it was all the obscure weapons.
I also got Halberd wrong *sigh* I'll be in my corner

Yora
2011-04-02, 09:27 AM
I got a 9/22. That's not spectacularly bad, right?

I just got all those glaive- and guisarme- combinations confused.
We're talking about polearms here. Everything above the ones displayed in the PHB make you a huge nerd. :smallbiggrin:

Spiryt
2011-04-02, 10:14 AM
Aye, those are literally the pictures of Unearthed Arcana, some of which are a bit questionable. Gygax was pretty much refining his own taxonomy at the time. Without cheating and looking in my copy I managed to get 17/22. The five I got wrong were...

:

'A bit' is careful wording, a lot are pretty questionable, I already mentioned pretty pointless distinction between the things called "bill hook" and "glaive fork" here. :smallwink:

Voulge Guisarme → Voulge (Curses!)

And one of them is pretty obviously glaive-guisarme, as it's mounted 'above' the haft, not like voulge. Someone it mentioned already. :smallwink:

But still, for figuring them out decently, without Internet, and modern bibliography available in most bigger libraries and stuff, congratulations to Gary. :smallwink:

Yora
2011-04-02, 10:31 AM
'A bit' is careful wording, a lot are pretty questionable, I already mentioned pretty pointless distinction between the things called "bill hook" and "glaive fork" here. :smallwink:
A bill has the sharpened edge curving inward, on a glaive it's curved outwards. And a fork is something else entirely.

Ranger Mattos
2011-04-02, 10:34 AM
We're talking about polearms here. Everything above the ones displayed in the PHB make you a huge nerd. :smallbiggrin:

So I'm not a huge nerd if I don't know polearms other than the ones in the PHB? Curses, I need to work harder on that!

Yora
2011-04-02, 10:39 AM
That just makes you a big nerd. :smallbiggrin:

Spiryt
2011-04-02, 10:42 AM
A bill has the sharpened edge curving inward, on a glaive it's curved outwards. And a fork is something else entirely.

And yet, this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/quiz/polearm/images/05.jpg

is being called "bill hook" by the test, while this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/quiz/polearm/images/08.jpg

Is glaive fork, while construction looks more like modern and past gardening bills in this particular picture.

:smallwink:

dsmiles
2011-04-02, 10:49 AM
So, if I put a giant, sharpened spork on a long stick, what would we call it? :smallconfused:

Yora
2011-04-02, 10:51 AM
Difficult, since it has no cutting edge.
If you sharpen on of the sides, I think we could come up with something. :smallbiggrin:

A glaive-fork maybe.

dsmiles
2011-04-02, 11:01 AM
Difficult, since it has no cutting edge.
If you sharpen on of the sides, I think we could come up with something. :smallbiggrin:

A glaive-fork maybe.
Not a Glaive-Spork? Or perhaps a Bohemian Ear Spork?

Dienekes
2011-04-02, 11:02 AM
Hey I got 18. Of course I guessed on all but like 5 of them. Man, I wish I had such luck when I was in school. Of course now I'm called a cheater, but who cares.

Matthew
2011-04-02, 11:04 AM
'
A bit' is careful wording, a lot are pretty questionable, I already mentioned pretty pointless distinction between the things called "bill hook" and "glaive fork" here. :smallwink:

But still, for figuring them out decently, without Internet, and modern bibliography available in most bigger libraries and stuff, congratulations to Gary. :smallwink:

Indeed, indeed; actually, the history of this article is quite interesting, as it originally appeared several years earlier in Dragon magazine with completely different illustrations, so it is somewhat unclear under whose direction these later ones were produced. If we go back even earlier to Gygax's first pole-arm article, which appeared in Strategic Review as a supplement for Chain Mail we can follow how his thinking on the subject developed over time. In particular his conception of "hooks" and "spikes" is of note, as in that earliest article he seems to think the latter is an undeveloped version of the former.

And yet, this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/quiz/polearm/images/05.jpg

is being called "bill hook" by the test, while this:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/quiz/polearm/images/08.jpg

is glaive fork, while construction looks more like modern and past gardening bills in this particular picture.

:smallwink:

Heh, heh. According to Gygax the "bill hook" is almost almost "exactly the same as the French guisarme, but its concave (hook) edge was the sharp one, and rather than a straight back spike it typically had an L-shaped tine projecting forward. This arrangement was slightly more effective than the European guisarme." But in fact the basic "bill" as illustrated in UA looks a a lot more like a glaive! Let me dig up the illustrations...

http://medieval.ucdavis.edu/20C/glaive.gif

So, basically, you are supposed to ignore the "fork" element of that "bill-hook", the idea sort of being that a "bill" is an English glaive and a "bill-hook" an English guisarme. The glaive-fork is almost certainly mislabelled, as it seems to be a guisarme-fork.

LibraryOgre
2011-04-02, 02:31 PM
9. But given that I'm too young to have known any edition before 3.0 (except in the form of Baldur's Gate 2) I think it wasn't too bad.

You are never too young to learn old-school D&D.

So you're a little bit older and a lot less bolder
Than you used to be
So you used to shake a die
But now you stop and think about your dignity
So now geek sixteen's turned thirty-one
You get to feelin weary when the work days done
Well all you got to do is get up, get some dee six
to get your fix
Come back baby
D&D never forgets

You better make yourself a fighter
Go down to the gamestore or the local mall
Check the local BBS
Chances are you wont have to go too far
Yeah the rafters will be ringing as the game goes on
The group will be shouting as they're playin' along
And all you got to do is get in into the mix
If you need a fix
Come back baby
D&D never forgets
Oh the bards still playing it loud and lean
Listen to the fighters all making 'em scream
All you got to do is just make that scene tonight
Heh tonight

Well now geek sixteens turned thirty-one
Feel a little tired feeling under the gun
Well all Gary's children are out there getting their fix
With three dee six
Come back baby
D&D never forgets
Said you can come back baby
D&D never forgets

Crossblade
2011-04-02, 02:47 PM
12. Got the awl pike right. Saw lots of people didn't though.

Spiryt
2011-04-02, 03:18 PM
12. Got the awl pike right. Saw lots of people didn't though.

The whole thing's that the awl pike one is one that's clearly badly done as whole, some of those things would pass as a pikes, depending on lenght.

One would go as langue de boeuf, ox tongue or similar name, with "tongue" in mind. Generally something as stuff with "3" here:

http://www.mythai.info/images/drzewca.jpg

Other would generally seems like spears, and only thing on the very left awl pike.

http://www.masterarmourer.com/images/Ahlspiess1.jpg

And know, in before Yora with some properly 'adjectived' nerdery. :smallwink:

dsmiles
2011-04-02, 03:20 PM
...I still like my Bohemian Ear Spork idea...

Shyftir
2011-04-02, 04:49 PM
I got a 17, though I've never played any DnD older than 3.5. I have however had a long standing interest in medieval weapons. so there ya go.

I called the Pole Axe a Lochabor Axe.
Called the Bardiche a Pole-Axe.
Called the Lochaber Axe a Bardiche.
So I've obviously got these all confused. (I did get Halberd though.)

Called the Glaive a Voulge-Guisarme.
Just wasn't paying attention since I had the voulge-guisarme right below.

Called Awl-Pike a Pike, but I'm pretty sure I'm right and they are crazy.

I'm now going to go make sure I have the distinctions between the different varieties of axe on a stick figured out.

(Oh and my favorite, is probably the fauchard.)

Flickerdart
2011-04-02, 04:55 PM
I got 11, which is surprising because I never played 2e.

dsmiles
2011-04-02, 05:27 PM
I got 11, which is surprising because I never played 2e.Those pics were from 1e...

Pentachoron
2011-04-02, 05:52 PM
I got three right. Spear, Military Fork, and Halberd.

Nailed it.

Optimator
2011-04-02, 06:14 PM
Sweet, 14 right. Good times.

Flickerdart
2011-04-02, 06:36 PM
Those pics were from 1e...
See! I didn't even know that.

dsmiles
2011-04-02, 06:39 PM
See! I didn't even know that.
See? You learn something new every day! :smalltongue:

Amnestic
2011-04-02, 06:45 PM
Shopkeep: "Dagger? Dag-ger?"

PC: "Oh, really?"
Shopkeep: "No, no, we were pulling your leg. Shouldn't have led you on like that, Sir."
PC: "Stilletto?"
Shopkeep: "No."
PC: "Rondel?"
Shopkeep: "Nope."
PC: "Ballisong."
Shopkeep: "Nope. Look, would you like me to tell you what we have?"
PC: "No, no, I'm keen to guess. Kukri?"
Shopkeep: "We had a shipment of those this morning..."
PC: "Yes?"
Shopkeep: "But we're all sold out now."
PC: "Damn. Kris?"
Shopkeep: "One of our most popular items Sir. Sadly sold out Sir."
PC: "I see, I see. Do you have any knives to speak of?"
Shopkeep: "Oh of course sir! Wouldn't be much of a knife shop if we didn't have any knives."
PC: "Really?"
Shopkeep: "No, that was another lie sir. Terribly sorry.
PC: "Right!" *shoots shopkeep with crossbow*

/Paraphrasing Python? On my internet? It's more likely than you may think!

Daftendirekt
2011-04-02, 06:59 PM
Booyah 15 of 22! Granted, half were guesses :P

Dienekes
2011-04-02, 07:26 PM
Shopkeep: "No, no, we were pulling your leg. Shouldn't have led you on like that, Sir."
Shopkeep: "Oh of course sir! Wouldn't be much of a knife shop if we didn't have any knives."

Oh what senseless waste of Pythonian humor.

Starbuck_II
2011-04-02, 07:49 PM
I got 7/22,

I got halbred, volge-guisarme, glaive-guisarme, spetum, military fork, bill, and glaive-fork

Roderick_BR
2011-04-02, 08:50 PM
12. I'm a swashbuckler. Then again, I guessed some, so I'd say my real score would be 10 or 9, in the hero category.

edit:

Check this http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0136.html

Partysan
2011-04-03, 03:36 AM

Than you used to be
to get your fix
Come back baby
D&D never forgets

Check the local BBS
If you need a fix
Come back baby
D&D never forgets
Heh tonight

With three dee six
Come back baby
D&D never forgets
D&D never forgets

Beautiful. Actually I'm rather interested in the feel of old editions, but no one around here plays them.

Siosilvar
2011-04-03, 11:51 AM

Than you used to be
to get your fix
Come back baby
D&D never forgets

Check the local BBS
If you need a fix
Come back baby
D&D never forgets
Heh tonight

With three dee six
Come back baby
D&D never forgets
D&D never forgets

This man speaks truth.

*checks date on copies of 1e PHB*

Yeah, those are twice my age.

LibraryOgre
2011-04-04, 06:17 PM
Beautiful. Actually I'm rather interested in the feel of old editions, but no one around here plays them.

As I've said here several times... look into C&C. It has much of the same feel, but has more unified mechanics, so newer players tend to shy away less.

He turned thirty-five last Sunday
In his hair he found some gray
But he still ain't changed his playstyle
He likes it better the old way
So he plays on the weekend with some friends from o'er the fence
He's writing his own modules, and spares no expense
He get's out there in the astral plane
Sometimes when it just don't make no sense

He gets off on 1st edition
'Cause Wizards left him cold
He's got young friends into White Wolf
But he's just too friggin' old
And he dreams at night of GenCon and the day that Gygax died
How the games made him happy and the traps that made him cry
Yeah he thinks of back sometimes
And he has to wonder why

He's an old gamer and he don't know what to do
Should he hang on to the old
Should he grab on to the new
He's an old gamer...the new games are just a bust
He ain't trying to change nobody
He's just trying real hard to adjust

He was sure back in the eighties that everyone was hip
Then they sent him off to the Borderlands on his senior trip
And they taught him to become a man while he was still a boy
And in each wave of goblins he found another joy
Now this world may change around him
But he just can't change no more

He's just trying real hard to adjust

Well he stays away a lot now from the stores and the cons
And he's thinking while he's joggin' 'round
'Bout orcs and golems made of bronze
Cause him and his kind get more endangered everyday
And pretty soon the species will just up and fade away
Like the smoke from that old temple...just up and fade away

He's just trying real hard to adjust.

Tael
2011-04-04, 07:15 PM
15! How the hell did I manage that? I guessed like 90% of that!

dps
2011-04-04, 08:33 PM
I got 11 right, but what's bad is that I missed some of the easy ones, like the halberd and, believe it or not, the spear.

TheThan
2011-04-04, 08:44 PM
I got 12 right

Military fork
Spetum
Fauchard
Ransur
Bill
Glaive-guisarme
Guisarme
Spear
Bill hook
Partisan

rayne_dragon
2011-04-04, 09:46 PM
The lack of naginatas disappoints me. :smallwink:

Today is a good day to be a pole-fighter.

Toofey
2011-04-04, 09:54 PM
15/22 I need to get out more.

Beowulf DW
2011-04-04, 10:10 PM
Got an 11. My obsession in out-dated weaponry and fighting styles is starting to pay off.