PDA

View Full Version : UMD Skill

Warsmurf
2011-04-01, 10:02 AM
Is there any way to gain it as a class skill OTHER than a level dip at higher levels?

Playing in a really high magic game but want to try out a crusader so I just thought it would be fun to be able to use all the settings world-toys

Cog
2011-04-01, 10:05 AM
The Apprentice:Spellcaster feat gets you it.

Keld Denar
2011-04-01, 10:08 AM
If you only want to use wands of spells on the wizard list, there's always Planar Touchstone keyed to the Catalogues of Enlightenment to pick up the Magic Domain granted power. That'll let you count as a 1st level wizard WRT activating magic items, so that opens up really low level scrolls and wands. It'll be hard to get the ranks in Know: Planes as a Crusader, but I thought I'd include it for the sake of completeness...

Telonius
2011-04-01, 10:08 AM
There is one way, but it's a Feat in UA under a variant rule system for skills: the Skill Knowledge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/alternativeSkillSystems.htm#skillKnowledge) feat.

Benefit
Choose any two skills from one of your current classes' skill lists. You now know these skills as class skills.

Special
Instead of choosing two class skills, you may choose one cross-class skill (whether you already know it or not) and learn it, treating it as a class skill from that point forward.

GodGoblin
2011-04-01, 10:11 AM
I know you are avoiding dipping but if you were to I would suggest Human Paragon (Assuming you are Human) lets you take 10 class skills and some other nifty things. If not Factotum and Cleric w/ magic domain come to mind.

Just if worst case you can at least dip into something useful :smallsmile:

Warsmurf
2011-04-01, 10:19 AM
The Apprentice:Spellcaster feat gets you it.

I'll talk to my DM about the UA feat, but anyone know where the feat quoted above comes from?

Thanks for all the tips!

Telonius
2011-04-01, 10:29 AM
I'll talk to my DM about the UA feat, but anyone know where the feat quoted above comes from?

DMG2, but it's only available to first-level characters.

Warsmurf
2011-04-01, 10:36 AM
That makes it even MORE perfect

ubergeek63
2011-04-01, 11:02 AM
it is a class skill for dracolexi as well

Warsmurf
2011-04-01, 06:39 PM
Can anyone help out with what book the Dracolexi are from?

Thanks again for all your help.

elonin
2011-04-01, 07:19 PM
Exemplars get all skills in class.

aboyd
2011-04-01, 07:57 PM
Net Book of Feats (SRD/open feats available for all) contains this:

CROSS-CLASS LEARNING [General]

Pick two skills that become class skills for all your classes.

Benefit: Pick any two skills. The selected skills become class skills for all your classes from this point on.