PDA

View Full Version : Beatsticks are covered in awesome sauce.

Malevolence
2011-04-01, 10:12 AM
I mean, just look at that Fighter go! At level 12, he adds a whopping +2 to hit and +4 to damage with his long sword, making him a totally awesome tank for the rest of the party to hide behind while he kills the enemy quickly and is never hit with his unstoppable sword and board skills.

And how about that Barbarian? He goes all "I have fury!" and flies into a rage and kills people. Totally useful.

The best one though is the Monk. I mean, look at all those greatsword punches he gets to throw. And if a caster ever attacks him, he Abundant Steps in their face and gives them a Flurry of Blows! And you'll never fail a save or have a hostile spell land on you because you have the best saves in the game and SR on top of that!

Wizard? He's stuck throwing Fireballs for less D6s than the Rogue is tossing around on every hit.

Cleric? Healz plz.

Druid? He's too busy talking to trees to fight.

How could anyone doubt how awesome beatsticks are?

Keld Denar
2011-04-01, 10:14 AM
Your April Fools falls flat...

Telonius
2011-04-01, 10:15 AM
The best one though is the Monk. I mean, look at all those greatsword punches he gets to throw. And if a caster ever attacks him, he Abundant Steps in their face and gives them a Flurry of Blows! And you'll never fail a save or have a hostile spell land on you because you have the best saves in the game and SR on top of that!

They aren't bad, but they work best when combined with Truenamer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-147518.html).:smallsmile:

Malevolence
2011-04-01, 10:19 AM
They aren't bad, but they work best when combined with Truenamer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-147518.html).:smallsmile:

Monk Samurai > Monk Truenamer.

vikingofdoom
2011-04-01, 10:21 AM
Monk Samurai > Monk Truenamer.

In that case, Monk Samurai Truenamer > Monk Samurai, obviously.

RelentlessImp
2011-04-01, 10:22 AM
Oh please, everyone knows the best class is the Warrior.

Malevolence
2011-04-01, 10:25 AM
In that case, Monk Samurai Truenamer > Monk Samurai, obviously.

Depends if you want a melee focus or a casting focus. For real win though, consider investing in the Use Magic Device skill along with some wands.

Runestar
2011-04-02, 01:05 AM
Not to mention how PHB2 made them even more broken by granting them an extra +2 attack/damage...:smalleek:

While wizards had to contend with being able to teleport a paltry 10ft as an immediate action int-mod number of times a day...

Daftendirekt
2011-04-02, 01:06 AM
Oh please, everyone knows the best class is the Commoner.

Fixed for you.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-02, 01:06 AM
Oh please, everyone knows the best class is the Warrior.

Your Warrior can suck my Rogue 4/Aristocrat 10's feats. You want overpowered? Check my build right there.

Malevolence
2011-04-02, 07:45 AM
Not to mention how PHB2 made them even more broken by granting them an extra +2 attack/damage...:smalleek:

While wizards had to contend with being able to teleport a paltry 10ft as an immediate action int-mod number of times a day...

And Decisive Strike. Double damage! That's what, 4d10? Highest damage in the game! Don't get me started on those munchkins who combine Monk with Duelist and Paladin.