PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Symphony

Cardea
2011-04-01, 10:38 AM
THIS IS: IC

OOC LINK (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191837)

{table=head]Player|Character
Goken04|Magnus Diaboro (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282655)
Torgarn|Leol Presk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282058)
Dreadlord|Kritanta Iscariot (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=282251)[/table]

The Lightning Rail of Sorna; a new wonder brought in from a foreign continent, to aid travel from the major cities. For reasons your own, you've decided this to be your best method of getting to the Mansion of the Count; a figurehead of legend whose name has been forgotten in the past. To his Mansion you go, to take part of his Ball, to take a shot to his... 'reward'.

Over the Ilka Ocean sea the monstrosity of mithril, to the City of Balmir, and then to the Mansion itself. Previous attempts to teleport directly has... proven ineffective, with your invitation not coming with your person. So on the rail you ride, the land speeding ahead and past you. In your cart, there are two others you recognize, amongst a dozen others. The sun itself is setting.

Torgarn
2011-04-01, 04:33 PM
Leol shifts constantly, being contained in a single cabin such as this makes him uncomfortable, spotting someone he recognizes he shuffles over, If it isn't my old friend Magnus, how fare you these days?

goken04
2011-04-01, 06:57 PM
"Huh?" growls Magnus. When he recognizes Leol, he shifts to an ever-so-slightly less gruff demeanor. "Leol. Greetings. I've been assigned to the material plane now, as you can see."

Dreadlord
2011-04-03, 02:54 AM
Kritanta slips over to magnus. Magnus it is good to see you again.

Torgarn
2011-04-03, 02:59 AM
Ah, Kritanta is here as well, what a wonderful day this is turning out to be. I don't think you know this but I absolutely abhor traveling with just myself, unfortunately my lackeys had to be remitted to a lower class carriage, so here I am with just the three of us.

Dreadlord
2011-04-03, 04:02 AM
I prefer travelling by myself or with a small group easier to blend in and stay in the shadows.

goken04
2011-04-03, 10:42 AM
"Greetings Kritanta. I did not see you there." Magnus nods his head at his old ally. "Do either of you know what this 'reward' is about? Rag'il'letzl tasked me with attending the ball in his name."

Magnus pauses for a moment, then adds, "It's quite a departure from the tasks he typically hands me."

Dreadlord
2011-04-03, 05:59 PM
I must admit I have no real knowledge about this 'reward'. It is definately not the sort of job I usually get.

Torgarn
2011-04-03, 06:32 PM
I have no idea honestly, this had better not be a waste of my time though. If it is I have no doubt that I will have to destroy many vampires in compensation.

Cardea
2011-04-03, 06:46 PM
"I do, Gentlemen." A figure (http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/096/5/0/warrior_by_Wen_Xaeroaaa.jpg)says, approaching your booth. His armor doesn't impede his movement, you notice, and he takes the empty seat next to Leol. The smell of acid fills the air; crisp and sharp and waking you up even more than you already were. His voice rings out in his armor, distorting his voice. "The Count holds a treasure underneath his keep."

Torgarn
2011-04-03, 06:47 PM
And who exactly are you? Leol asks suspiciously, More importantly though, why are you coincidentally in the same car as all of us?

Dreadlord
2011-04-03, 08:39 PM
Kritanta looks at him quizzicallyAnd why are you wearing armor on a lightning rail?

Cardea
2011-04-03, 08:48 PM
A laugh comes from inside the armor. "Oh, the attention to detail! I am known as The Knight. And coincidence? My my, isn't it just that. I'm on my way to the Count's Manor, as you three are. In fact," He says, lowering his voice. "Most people, or as close to people as you can get, are on their way as well. I doubt anyone would turn away an invitation."

"And as for the Armor, why not? It is comfortable, it is safer, and it helps me. It is similar to how one uses a harp for playing music, or a knife to carve wood. It is another tool; so I use it."

goken04
2011-04-03, 08:56 PM
Magnus sneers at the Knight, his laugh getting on Magnus's nerves. "How do you know about the Count's treasure?"

Dreadlord
2011-04-03, 09:07 PM
Kritanta smiles flashing pointed teeth. I find armor much too cumbersome to bother with. From what I can tell you are one of the 'as close to people as you can get' as you put it.

Cardea
2011-04-03, 09:08 PM
"Because it's knowledge; which is what I broker in, sir." The Knight says, turning his attention towards Magnus. "Deaths, Betrayals, Crimes, Plants, Creatures, Beings of Consequence, Beings of no Consequence. And I happen to possess knowledge of the Count's treasure; his 'reward', which I believe, unless you happened to have been talking about some other Count, is what you're after, yes?"

"And if I may be so bold, sirs, I take it you do not trust one such as I?"

Torgarn
2011-04-03, 09:10 PM
Do you have any reason for us to trust you?

Dreadlord
2011-04-03, 09:13 PM
I trust very few and you are not among those that I trust in fact I trust only four people and three of them are in this room.

goken04
2011-04-03, 09:32 PM
"Trust is something that must be earned over time. Not something that is freely given to every stranger one meets."

Dreadlord
2011-04-04, 01:47 AM
If I may be so bold why are you talking to us?

Cardea
2011-04-11, 11:04 PM
"Very good points, sirs, but consider this," He drops his tone. "I could have come to anyone else with this information. But I trust you with it first; more than half of these peasants will not know what to bring, and even more will not know that they must bring anything at all."

"And I speak to you because you may be able to help me take something of the Counts back for my liege."

Torgarn
2011-04-11, 11:11 PM
Why don't you give us more details on this treasure, and then lay out for us exacgly everything you know about the count and his manor, most importantly though, tell us who your liege is.

Dreadlord
2011-04-12, 05:00 AM
I would like to know these things to.

goken04
2011-04-12, 03:10 PM
"Yes. If it is our assistance you seek, details are of utmost importance."

Cardea
2011-04-19, 08:34 AM
"Ah, I apologize, but the matter of my Lord is of no special attention. He is Lord Dethin, of a small County to the West. He sent me on his behalf, to try and gain knowledge on those who attend this gathering. However..."

"The Count himself is unknown. The only 'sure' thing we know about him is that he is a Vampire, though even that is subject to speculation. The mansion he resides in has been there for only eight months, due to the fact that it travels by a means we have no figured out yet. Divination attempts have failed in these two regards. The treasure, we were able to find out, out of sheer luck."

"In his castle, in some room, he holds four objects, amongst piles of riches. The first is a Philosopher's Orb. It is like a Philosopher's Stone, but... more effective. That is all we could figure out. The second is a staff. Darkness shrouds it, so we were unable to view it closer. The third was, and this is the hardest to say, two of the parts to the Rod of Seven Wonders."

"The Fourth is a star of some sort. That is all I can say on the subject, as we only saw its shape, before our scrying was cut short."

"As for his Manor," he says, relaxing his posture. "I have a lay out on my person right now. I have given you plenty of information as it stands. What do you pay for more?"

Torgarn
2011-04-19, 04:16 PM
I would say that paying you a share of the treasure would be the fairest option. Leol gets a dangerous look in his eye, Though perhaps your life is as good a payment as any for a simple map.

Dreadlord
2011-04-19, 05:54 PM
You obviously need us, otherwise you would not have come to us with this information so you don't have much bargaining power.

Cardea
2011-04-26, 09:23 AM
"I would say that giving me 'treasure', which I have no use for, is not good enough," The Knight says, his voice turning dark. "I have already told you what I seek. I have given you more than enough of information you, otherwise, would not have had. If I were to, say, inform others of this, I am sure they would gladly accept this kind offer. But as it stands, I have already learned enough of the three of you to further my own gain, so I leave this to you." He says, putting down a small, neat letter. "An extra invitation, that I obtained from another guest on this railroad. He did not accept such a kind offer as I give to you, and seeing as we are short on time... you get to live."

The Knight laughs. Cold, fierce, as the Rail comes into a dark tunnel, coming into, from what you see outside the window, the terminal. He stands up, still laughing, and walks slowly away from the rest of you. "I shall see you at the party, Gentlemen!" He shouts, as he exits.

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 08:58 AM
That was certainly an... interesting encounter. Leol remarks nonchalantly.

Dreadlord
2011-05-02, 10:38 PM
I like him.

Torgarn
2011-05-07, 05:59 PM
He was certainly vague and mysterious enough