PDA

View Full Version : Last post not showing

Hyperion
2011-04-01, 11:31 AM
That would be the second time, it happened in this thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192065

the last post is samfool, I can only see it when I click on reply.

edit: followed someone advice posted and deleted the post to make the other post appears.

Tavar
2011-04-01, 11:35 AM
This has happened to me before. Those time, having someone post a new message fixed it.

Hyperion
2011-04-01, 11:44 AM
Yeah did that last time, but it seems to be a recurring issue, so bringing it to the board issues attention.

Gaelbert
2011-04-01, 12:35 PM
I had this problem for the first time 3 days back. It's never been an issue for me before though.

Haruki-kun
2011-04-01, 01:21 PM
My last post in the Iron Poet Thread wasn't showing, and he thread didn't say "last post by Haruki-kun". When viewing the thread, I did seemy post, though.

This was last night. Is this the same thing?

EDIT: I got a "server error" while I was posting it, too. Thought I should add that.

Worira
2011-04-01, 01:48 PM
You can fix it for a particular instance by posting in the thread yourself, and then immediately deleting your post.

Hyperion
2011-04-01, 01:55 PM
I like this idea, delete the post right after, yeah used it.

Fax Celestis
2011-04-01, 02:14 PM
I think it happens when two posts are simultaneously made and the forum gets confused on timestamps or post ids.

Mad Mask
2011-04-01, 02:56 PM
I like this idea, delete the post right after, yeah used it.

Isn't this still discouraged? From what I remember, the post isn't actually deleted from the forums, it's just hidden from regular members. :smallconfused:

Gaelbert
2011-04-01, 10:15 PM
You can fix it for a particular instance by posting in the thread yourself, and then immediately deleting your post.

Deleting posts is heavily frowned on by the moderators here. They always want you to find another workaround, from what I've seen.

Rawhide
2011-04-01, 10:43 PM
Closing another thread due to misinformation...

The forum software does keep a log of every time a post is created and deleted (hence why it asks you to give a reason for deletion) and, in some instances, the posts can be retrieved from a backup.

We would prefer that you simply hit reply then viewed the post in the review area below the reply box, rather than make a new post, and wait for someone who has a legitimate reason to reply to fix the problem.

If you double/multiple post by accident, you should delete all but one of those posts.