PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Wright Questions

Volthawk
2011-04-01, 02:36 PM
Well, there's just a few things I'm unsure about with Dedicated Wrights, so I thought I may as well clear them up.

1) When a Dedicated Wright is working on something for you, can you also make an item?

2) Can you have multiple Wrights and can they work on different items for you?

3) If you take less time to craft things (like with Exceptional Artisan), does the Wright also take less time?

Well, I originally figured I'd have more questions than that. I was just thinking that if you could have multiple Wrights, and also be able to craft yourself, then item production could be quickened. I'm thinking that perhaps combine a liquid pain/joy farm with a group of Wrights, so you use the XP from the former part so the latter part's crafting isn't so XP intensive. And I guess you could have construct security, and constructs doing work (like mining or something) to get money for crafting as well.

Azraile
2014-06-29, 02:21 AM
I have a question to add to this one

Can you make it repeat the possess over and over and over, if you pay the price for the multiple productions in advance before leaving it behind.

SinsI
2014-06-29, 03:44 AM
Point 3 is debatable so ask the DM, as for everything else - why not? It is a golem that you program and leave alone, so having however many of them you have working at the same time or repeating orders shouldn't be too hard.
Though each of them might need a separate laboratory.

Azraile
2014-06-29, 03:49 AM
1) When a Dedicated Wright is working on something for you, can you also make an item?

yes

yes

3) If you take less time to craft things (like with Exceptional Artisan), does the Wright also take less time?

generally no

Might ask the gm if having multiple wrights working on the same item half the time

Teravel
2015-03-26, 11:07 AM

1. You cannot create multiple magic items at once. The dedicated wright replaces your physical form when creating magic items, but otherwise counts as your character for the process, just like the Quill of Scribing (Complete Mage).

2. You could have one dedicated wright working on a magic item, and infinite others working on non-magical items.

3. Yes, though the effects would be minimal till much higher levels, and would be made obsolete once you have access to Genesis.

Doctor Awkward
2015-03-26, 12:38 PM
Well, there's just a few things I'm unsure about with Dedicated Wrights, so I thought I may as well clear them up.

No. I'm pretty it was the result of a CustServ ruling that the link between yourself and the item a wright is working on remains, even though it does the crafting for you. Thus you cannot circumvent the 1 item at a time rule.

By an extension of number 1, this would also be no.

Yes, but given that a wright eliminates ALL of the downtime for crafting anyway (since you can just go out and adventure and leave him at home to work), this is something of a pointless feat.

I'm of the opinion that this feat actually makes it harder for an Artificer to create things, since the reduced crafting time means you have fewer chances to make your UMD check.

Can you make it repeat the possess over and over and over, if you pay the price for the multiple productions in advance before leaving it behind.

I can't recall a precedent for this either way.
I'm also having a hard time thinking of a situation where this would be relevant, unless you were going to some alternate plane where time runs slower than it does in wherever you have your workshop set up.

Time for crafting is generally measured in weeks, and at a certain point there's very little stopping you from teleporting home to double check your guy's progress then rejoining your party in an hour or so.

Haruki-kun
2015-03-26, 03:30 PM
The Winged Mod: Thread Necromancy.