PDA

View Full Version : Skill Point Boost

Major
2011-04-01, 03:17 PM
Alright, my character needs more skill points. I'm a factotum and get 6+int (which is 17 at the moment)

9 skill points is nice and all, but I want more! *greed mwahahahahaa*

Anyways, point is I know Nymph's kiss adds +1 per level and I've convinced the DM to allow the feat in exchange for losing the +1 saving throw vs spells.

However, I was curious if there are any other ways to boost my skills.

Race is selected, level is selected, class is selected. Templates MIGHT be possible to add but only LA +0 (so I doubt I'll get anything)

And I got a feat to spend.

Basically what are ways to boost my skill points?

Also, I've heard mixed rulings. Does Nymph's kiss give me the x4 bonus at level one or not? People have said separate things and I'd like a ruling with a source.

gbprime
2011-04-01, 03:25 PM
Also, I've heard mixed rulings. Does Nymph's kiss give me the x4 bonus at level one or not? People have said separate things and I'd like a ruling with a source.

Rules as written, no. Times 4 at first level seems to be a function of the character classes, not the actual skill point system.

Rules as intended? Unclear. Personally, I always allow the x4 multiple on Nymph's Kiss.

But then again, there's the Open Minded feat from Complete Adventurer, which gives you +5 skill points. I think taking the x4 on THOSE at 1st level would be abusive, so as a DM I'd say no.

TroubleBrewing
2011-04-01, 03:26 PM
Human nets you an additional.

Major
2011-04-01, 03:36 PM
Alright, my character needs more skill points. I'm a factotum and get 6+int (which is 17 at the moment)

9 skill points is nice and all, but I want more! *greed mwahahahahaa*

Anyways, point is I know Nymph's kiss adds +1 per level and I've convinced the DM to allow the feat in exchange for losing the +1 saving throw vs spells.

However, I was curious if there are any other ways to boost my skills.

Race is selected, level is selected, class is selected. Templates MIGHT be possible to add but only LA +0 (so I doubt I'll get anything)

And I got a feat to spend.

Basically what are ways to boost my skill points?

I'm playing a Changeling for backstory and such reasons so...Human doesn't work.

@GBprime: Thanks for that source. I remembered a feat that did something like that. I'll look at it.

Mordokai
2011-04-01, 03:42 PM
To make your life a little easier... here it is. (http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-2094-open-minded.html)

Major
2011-04-01, 04:14 PM
Thanks, I'm a bit hesitant to take it due to 5 skill points then nothing. But we'll see.

Worse case I add it to languages mwhaahahahahaha

Demons_eye
2011-04-01, 04:21 PM
In races of destiny iirc there is the human decent feat that gives you +1 per level times four on the first.

NNescio
2011-04-01, 05:04 PM
In races of destiny iirc there is the human decent feat that gives you +1 per level times four on the first.

Human Heritage gives +4 skill points, and adds the 'human' subtype. Nearly useless for changelings though.