PDA

View Full Version : Converting WoD to Pathfinder

Silus
2011-04-01, 08:13 PM
In particular, I'm looking to convert a group of Black Spiral Dancers to Pathfinder, at least in essence (So werewolves that would pass for BSD's). I've not undertaken anything like this, nor do I really know where to start, so I'd appreciate a little direction. I plan them to be the first BBEG for my cousin's first campaign (It's going to be a sword and sorcery western type campaign).

I'm thinking...Werewolf with the Fiendish Template maybe? I'm pretty darn new to WoD, so I'm just a tad fuzzy on the details of BSD's.

Mojo_Rat
2011-04-02, 11:00 AM
all I can really remember is bad were all mutated right? you could manages something like that with the half ogre template applied to a werewolf.

WinWin
2011-04-02, 12:03 PM
BoVD

I would not use a normal human for the base form. Vasharan from BoVD might be more approriate. Skulk are also thematic. Both can pass for human.

The Corrupted Template may be of interest, but Vile Damage tends to suck, so maybe save it for a champion or Alpha.

Elder Evils.

Another resource that may be of use. Notably, servants of Elder Evils gain a number of bonus Vile feats accoring to Hit Dice, so it could provide some customisation in the form of Willing Deformities (mutations).

Again, probably best to use this option on only the occasional leaders.

Fiend Folio.

Canomorphs. Similar to lycanthropes, they are actually fiends that shapechange. So you have your Hellhound varient and Shadow Mastiff varient. May be an alternative to adapting a lycanthropic template. Could even be used in conjunction with the template, the different creatures representing Lupus and Homid respectively.

Magic Of Incarnum.

Totemist. A great way to pick up powers reminiscent of low level Gifts. One feat allows a character to Spit Acid, a low rank Gift from memory.

Maybe too much information, but you should have plenty of tools to work with in those 4 books.

Jeebers
2011-04-04, 05:03 PM
In particular, I'm looking to convert a group of Black Spiral Dancers to Pathfinder, at least in essence (So werewolves that would pass for BSD's). I've not undertaken anything like this, nor do I really know where to start, so I'd appreciate a little direction. I plan them to be the first BBEG for my cousin's first campaign (It's going to be a sword and sorcery western type campaign).

I'm thinking...Werewolf with the Fiendish Template maybe? I'm pretty darn new to WoD, so I'm just a tad fuzzy on the details of BSD's.

Silus, this might get complicated. First off, werewolves in these games are significantly different in raw power. This is gonna sound nasty, but I advise using a standard human, adding class levels, add a half demon template (no wings of course) NOT fiendish as it's not powerful enough, THEN add the werewolf template. Some of them should be druids, as they have spellcasting powers but aren't all that potent magically. Dunno how to simulate going sideways. Barbarians are a good choice because of the rage powers and huge amounts of hp.