PDA

View Full Version : I Am a "Bad DM"

Crow
2011-04-01, 08:51 PM
That's right! I occasionally bump up the hitpoints on "boss" enemies if they get stomped a little too fast in order to make the battle more dramatic or make the players sweat a bit.

If you're also a "Bad DM", tell us what you do to make yourself a rule-zeroing bastard.

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 08:55 PM
Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm a Bad DM.

Sometimes I don't even write anything down. I just make it up as I go along.

Wait.

Make that most of the time. I like to improvise. :smallwink:

Mastikator
2011-04-01, 08:57 PM
I once sent my players on a quest on an island, then when they reached the island the boat was destroyed.
It was a deserted island.
They had no way of getting back and I was thinking "oh crap, I totally forgot about this, what if they're not smart enough to device a way back, they'll did!".

Eventually they got back though.
Eventually.

-

Once I introduced a new character to the party by having them all being kidnapped by slavers and then they'd meet in the cage.
The slavers were attacked by forest trolls during the night and most of them were killed off, I had planned for the slavers to release the players on the condition that they'd help the slavers get their own back in exchange for freedom.
Instead the players had some kind of magic bag that expelled a smell that was horrible to trolls and they could break out without being attacked by the trolls.
So then they overpowered the slavers and I had to improvise for the other half of the campaign.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-01, 09:01 PM
Hi, I'm Rodrigo Santoro IV, and I'm a bad DM.

Once I made up an entire laboratory complex on the spot because my players went off the rails and I forgot to plan for that.

It was an awesome complex though.

Vulaas
2011-04-01, 09:02 PM
I'm bad in the opposite way, when I DM. I have to have everything statted out just in case the players pick it up and expect to be able to use it.

Naturally, this has lead to sessions being infrequent and only after a great burst of inspiration.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-04-01, 09:07 PM
I'm Djinn_in_Tonic, and I'm a "Bad DM."

I recently ran a 4e session without knowing any of the rules for monsters or encounters in 4e.

I have never once created a complete set of stats for any enemy.

My monsters and NPCs don't follow the rules, unless the rules would tell a good story.

My players tend to love me. :smallbiggrin:

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-01, 09:08 PM
My monsters and NPCs don't follow the rules, unless the rules would tell a good story.

I think I love you, too.

DukeofDellot
2011-04-01, 09:39 PM
My name's Rand, and I'm a "bad GM".

Yeah, I bend the rules so that my players can feel like their characters have more power... If a player annoys me, or tries to pull one over... I let him hit the books hard and fast.

I don't let my players select an ability "because it's in the books". They have to explain why their character would have it.

On the other end, I don't require them to write backgrounds. In fact, I've only had a few players do so... and I may have skimmed over them. As far as I'm concerned, when the PC enters play, they are entering the story. At that moment, the audience (the other players) know only what physical description is given of them. Then you get to introduce a background little by little throughout the story.

As a game designer, I fall under the "minimalist" category. If I need to create a rule on the spot, I'm entitled to do so. No, this isn't improvising, it's writing a new draft.

I haven't written out an alignment for a character until after a player asked for it in more than a year. If you need an alignment system to determine how someone is going to act, you're doing it wrong.

I haven't considered e6... because the highest level my players have ever gotten was level 7... then total party wipe, because "of course the game master wouldn't put something in the game that was that powerful."

... It was a goblin.

Of course I've homebrewed quite a bit for my campaigns, and usually I make it available to the players. It takes a lot of advertising before they'll ever consider it.

That goblin was a practitioner of the secret ninth arcane school of magic.

I also ignore dice rolls that would put a player from full health to below zero... unless they go out of their way to get hurt. I think I mentioned that earlier... Maybe it was the first thing I said... Maybe I'm running dry.

When I say "That's a good question" I really want you to be curious and try to figure it out later... I only use it to say "It's a secret" about half the time, the other half it's "I haven't decided".

Finally...

It's true, I don't fill in the gaps until you're sitting at the table, and starting the adventure at the tavern isn't a tradition, it's what we do when the party makes no sense. I've given up on restricting what the players are... I said you're a group of mercenaries, two players complained because they wanted to be adventures instead. I said they were a non-biological family of super heroes, I got a "That's stupid, I want to be a Gnomish Rogue that goes dungeon crawling". So booze is the only thing we all agree on, "But my Inquisitor is Lawful Good, so she doesn't drink!" which I ignored as she had, not five sessions before had drank away the memory of killing that five-year old child.

My name is Rand, and I am a angry GM.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-01, 09:42 PM
"But my Inquisitor is Lawful Good, so she doesn't drink!" which I ignored as she had, not five sessions before had drank away the memory of killing that five-year old child.

Alcohol-induced amnesia obviously caused her to forget that she drinks.

DukeofDellot
2011-04-01, 10:18 PM
... I'm such a bad GM that one of the other players and I were placing bets on when she would fall. You see, the player intended on picking up Leadership, which I told him that he could have as long as he build his cohort, and minions himself and kept a well organized documentation on their abilities.

I thought that that would be enough, but I ended up just rolling with the idea that I was going to have to do it for him.

So I said level 7, she would fall when she knowingly sends her minions to their dooms. The player said level 10, after she grows too corrupt with the power.

Level 5. When she blew up her lover to "protect" him from a member of her party that had not shown any hostiles after branding (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/brand) random people on the street because they wouldn't give her directions, and killing a man because he was a priest of an "evil" god while he was busy feeding orphans... one of said orphans was injured in the process, but that was an accident.

Toofey
2011-04-01, 10:32 PM
My name is Toofey, and I am a bad DM.

I lost the character sheets for some NPCs, so I summarily killed them. (this later got spun into a central plot point)

My players were steamrolling a fight, so I made it tougher monsters, right before their eyes. (Kobolds became Ogres, it was funny as hell)

I misjudged a monster to use as an arena challenge, for a fight, So I called a miss when the thing should have landed a big hit, and fudged initiative so the fighter could go first to score a (still close) kill.

Vknight
2011-04-01, 10:38 PM
My name is V-Knight

I'm a bad time

I make up the story as I go most of the time.
I have a framework, a general evil, So the end point but nothing else.
So I work with what the characters bring me and build the story from there

I often give monsters an extra bit of health or a bonus to there defenses or attacks to spice things up

killrkable
2011-04-01, 10:38 PM
Hi, i'm Jared and i'm a "Bad DM"

If the players piss me off they get hit with "magical arrow traps"...without moving...They learn not to piss me off. The last time they questioned my all-powerful power thing I brought in a T-Rex. Long story. It ended with everyone following my rules. Happy Ending.

Gensh
2011-04-01, 10:42 PM

Wait.

Make that most of the time. I like to improvise. :smallwink:

Brofist. I write down the stats for the NPCs the players aren't supposed to be able to kill in order to prove to them I'm not cheating when they can't kill them. Sometimes bosses. That's it. Everything else happens according to what's dramatically appropriate.

dsmiles
2011-04-01, 10:45 PM
Brofist.
Brofist returned. :smallbiggrin:

Choco
2011-04-01, 10:51 PM
My name's Bob, and I'm also a "Bad DM"

Like some of you, I have been known to improvise entire sessions. Not because my players went off the rails, just because I thought it more fun than spending 20 hours number crunching stuff that likely will never see the light of day anyway.

I don't plan ahead at all, I am just really good at keeping notes and remembering what happened in the past so that I can bring it up in the future and make it LOOK like I planned for it.

If my players are wiping out their enemies too fast, I just keep sending more until I deem their endurance has been pushed far enough.

I let my players roll their own damage when an enemy hits them, just to see the look on their faces when they roll max damage on themselves.

jguy
2011-04-01, 11:18 PM
I am James and I am a "Bad DM"

I will start to ignore Monster hit points after a certain point if I feel my players have defeated it too easy just so it can get another round or two of attacks in.

When I prepare I write in my journal of "What happened last week, what will happen within the first 15 minutes of this one, and a few possible outcomes" and that is about it. I know my players will do whatever they want so I just put faith in my improv skills.

Provengreil
2011-04-01, 11:24 PM
My name is dave, and I am a bad DM. I fudge rolls to let the PCs win encounters they probably shouldn't, thus making them think they're stronger than they really are. then they challenge things no amount of fudging can save them from, and they die.

EDIT: my keyboard is faulty and sometimes leaves spelling errors.

slaydemons
2011-04-01, 11:26 PM
I am Josh and I am a bad dm, I tried to rule on the fly with magic spells and how rolling them works.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-01, 11:27 PM
I am Josh and I am a bad dm, I tried to rule on the fly with magic spells and how rolling them works.

There's a longer story here, and I want to hear it. :smallbiggrin:

slaydemons
2011-04-01, 11:32 PM
There's a longer story here, and I want to hear it. :smallbiggrin:

I wasn't going to read spell descriptions so I didn't know what attack rolls I should use I just said roll above his ac. *cries hard in the corner about my being a bad dm*

Lappy9000
2011-04-01, 11:37 PM
Hi, my name is Dave, and I'm a Bad DM.

Wait.

Make that most of the time. I like to improvise. :smallwink:Best way to do it, bro :smallcool:

ZombyWoof
2011-04-01, 11:39 PM
My name is ZombyWoof and I'm a BAD GM.

I don't use challenge ratings and much prefer to "guestimate" how combat will go. This provides for interesting and challenging fights that my players seem to love.

valadil
2011-04-01, 11:41 PM
I'm Jon.

Hi Jon!

This is my first time at I'm a Bad DM anonymous. It's been 2 years, 3 months, 27 days since I fudged dice. I did it to control the length of my combats. I wanted to have enough time for my story but also make sure the game session lasted for the full 4 hours advertised.

I don't fudge any more. But I don't want other GMs to be stopped from fudging. I think there are several choices a GM has to make to determine the type of game he's running. To fudge is such a choice. While most people have a preference, either choice is valid. My respect for a GM isn't determined by the choice they make, but on the story they tell with those choices. It's truly unforgivable of me.

Dire Moose
2011-04-01, 11:45 PM
I'm Djinn_in_Tonic, and I'm a "Bad DM."

I recently ran a 4e session without knowing any of the rules for monsters or encounters in 4e.

I have never once created a complete set of stats for any enemy.

My players tend to love me. :smallbiggrin:

...Will you marry me?

Mercutio
2011-04-01, 11:45 PM
Hello, My name is Jon Bender and I am a bad DM. Well not really bad.... more mean then anything.

I introduced Snuggles The Cat God to a group of level five adventures. They never asked me to Sub again :smallamused:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-04-01, 11:47 PM
I think I love you, too.

...Will you marry me?

:smallbiggrin:

Xyk
2011-04-01, 11:48 PM
I'm Xyk and I'm a bad DM.

I don't know every rule by heart and don't like to look them up in the middle of gameplay, so I often make rules up. That includes DCs for various skill checks, the entire Diplomacy skill, grapple rules, and conditions (like entangled, helpless, prone, etc.).

It's actually worked quite well.

OverThoughtName
2011-04-01, 11:54 PM
Hi, everyone. My name is overthought, and I'm a "Bad DM."

I have never statted out a BBEG. I just look at a piece of paper with writing on it and pretend that the BBEG has HP, stats, and pre-thought-out abilities. Instead, I keep careful track of the parties HP in my head and make him die when they're almost dead.

Sometimes, I even declare my attacks on the wizard weren't criticals. Not all the time, though, they need to stat up characters every once in a while. Otherwise they forget how.

DukeofDellot
2011-04-01, 11:54 PM
I am a bad GM.

When players flirt with me... I brutally murder their characters.

I wonder what other confessions I will return to.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-01, 11:57 PM
What if...

What if they like it when you do that?:smalleek:

Ranos
2011-04-01, 11:59 PM
Then you brutally murder the players.

DukeofDellot
2011-04-02, 12:05 AM
One of my players... former players I guess (I just moved out of state)... was a Apotemnophile...

So, pretty likely.

The question is: What do you do when a player looks up and down her character sheet and returns with "I use 'Sex Appeal' on the monster!"

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-02, 12:08 AM
The question is: What do you do when a player looks up and down her character sheet and returns with "I use 'Sex Appeal' on the monster!"

2d8+8 points of bludgeoning damage and 8 points of acid damage per round.

Not my damn fault he tried to seduce the T-rex.

ZombyWoof
2011-04-02, 12:17 AM
"Oh would you look at that Circle of Protection! Immune to all forms of compulsion. Good thing I knew what sort of win buttons you guys had before hand."

EDIT: Rule #1 for me: true bosses do their homework and are NOT vulnurable to insta-win effects.

Fhaolan
2011-04-02, 12:18 AM
My name's Allan, and I'm a Bad DM.

I've played RPGs for so long, that can't be bothered to remember which ruleset or edition a specific rule is from, I just make it up as I go along.

Rather than building detailed encounters, I have basic stat-blocks for about four different default 'enemy' types, and adjust them just before an encounter.

I change my mind, and the general course of a campaign, based on what my players do, not because of any actual overarcing storyline.

The history of my campaign world is based on the concept of 'history is what people remember, not necessarily what actually happened', so I have lots of contradictory plots and stories, and I honestly don't know which one is true myself.

I throw encounters at the party based not on CR, but because the party happens to be in an area that these things happen. So the party may not get their standard 4 encounters a day, and they may be hideously easy, or they may need to run away or be overwhelmed.

If characters do stupid things, stupid things happen to them.

DukeofDellot
2011-04-02, 12:35 AM
"Oh would you look at that Circle of Protection! Immune to all forms of compulsion. Good thing I knew what sort of win buttons you guys had before hand."

EDIT: Rule #1 for me: true bosses do their homework and are NOT vulnurable to insta-win effects.

I'll have to remember that next time... and there will be a next time.

I had to houserule Sex Appeal into Pathfinder... because one of my players didn't want to switch systems without that skill. We used a "dual-attribute" roll for it: Con+Cha.

Which wasn't as bad as the "Tasty roll" which determined how delicious your character looked to hungry monsters (I think that one was Con-Str, except when rolling for Mind Flayers, then it's Int+Cha-Wis) that one of our group members implemented.

I think he was a pretty good DM though.

TheCountAlucard
2011-04-02, 12:38 AM
I'm Alucard, and I'm a terrible DM/GM/ST.

One time, a player asked me if he could take a certain feat, and I told him, "No." :smalleek: Clearly I should be shot for my stifling of his creativeness!

One time, a player asked me if his CN gnome rogue could take the Assassin prestige class, and I told him, "I don't want you playing an evil character." Curse my heavy-handed fiating!

But worst of all, one time, the PCs were fighting this sixty-foot high behemoth, with over three times as much health as the entire party put together, so I stopped tracking its health about a third of the way into the fight, and simply let it die when it was dramatically convenient!

Being crucified on a cross of fire is insufficient for such a transgression! :eek:

fazzamar
2011-04-02, 12:48 AM
I am Fazz, and I'm a bad GM, so I've been told.

I once was getting bored and frustrated with the player's characters so I tried to kill them, with a semi hitting their pickup, twice I think. When that didn't kill them, a dragon popped out of the semi-trailer to try and kill them, however a truck full of C4 almost killed him and the players, but they survived. So, not only am I a bad GM, I'm bad at killing the players too.

Ajadea
2011-04-02, 12:49 AM
Hi, I'm Ajadea and I'm a Bad DM.

I have no plot. I have no overarching theme.

What I have are characters. No stats, no gear, no classes. Species, history, perception, personality, goals. They do their thing, and the PCs do theirs. They exist outside the PCs. Their strength is calculated relative to the world average, not to the PCs. So, when the low-level PC meets them, it is very easy for someone to hit negatives.

I have no full history.

What I have are stories, legends, myths. Big events spun into something insane, little important events forgotten and ignored. Parts of history stricken from memory, recovered and misinterpreted. Word of mouth and ancient songs that no one remembers how to translate. Crumbling ruins, myths and folk tales, architecture styles, and a culture and language that is just barely similar enough across the continent for everyone to understand that a smile is positive, sorcerers are bad, and 'big' does not mean the same thing as 'cow'. That is all that remains of the greatest empire of the millenium.

A cult of insanity hides knowledge that is deep and important, but without inspection, it is overlooked by all. The religious scriptures taken to heart by an entire country of rather driven people have been edited multiple times, and large parts of them are propaganda, crappy translations, and worse fan fiction. This doesn't mean there is not truth within them. Choices have already been made, and the PCs will never learn about them except through their repercussions.

The world is large. It has existed for a long time, and people have lived and died in it.

I write pages of story that will never see the light of day, in order to flesh out what I like to think as the forks in the path. The universe doesn't care whether you have bread or porridge for breakfast on Thursday. The universe doesn't care if it's Thomas Smith, Richard Tailor, or Harold Baker that dies in the third engagement of Second Dragon War. But if they went out drinking with their buddies William, Robert, and Joseph, the kobolds break through 2 rounds earlier than they otherwise would, splitting the human army at a critical point in the battle, and fecal matter hits the rotating object.

Players seem to love it, and I know 3 people are stalking one of my game threads.

Seerow
2011-04-02, 12:51 AM
I am Fazz, and I'm a bad GM, so I've been told.

I once was getting bored and frustrated with the player's characters so I tried to kill them, with a semi hitting their pickup, twice I think. When that didn't kill them, a dragon popped out of the semi-trailer to try and kill them, however a truck full of C4 almost killed him and the players, but they survived. So, not only am I a bad GM, I'm bad at killing the players too.

Don't forget said dragon attacking a second time, and dying for real that time without the truck full of C4.

But it's okay, my name is Seerow, and I am a terrible DM. Not for any reason anyone else has here, but simply because I suck at the act of running a game. This is why I am a player instead :x.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-02, 12:52 AM
But it's okay, my name is Seerow, and I am a terrible DM. Not for any reason anyone else has here, but simply because I suck at the act of running a game. This is why I am a player instead :x.

Don't worry bro, we're all bad in different ways.

GROUP HUG

BloodyAngel
2011-04-02, 01:12 AM
Hi! I'm BloodyAngel, or BA if you prefer, and I'm a "bad DM".

I run off the cuff, almost entirely improved. I rarely take notes. I make NPC's with their own personalities and motivations independent of what the PC's want them to do. Monsters and antagonists are rarely written-up, if they're given stat-sheets at all, instead being given whatever powers and abilities seem most appropriate on the fly. I regularly disallow feats or classes that are too powerful or gamebreaking, or don't fit the campaign.

I'm running a game at the moment where the tier 1 classes don't even exist, (Tier 2 is the closest they get) and powergaming is frowned upon. I've fudged rolls for the story, but not often... and if the PC's are too fool to take precautions or retreat when things are going badly, bad things will happen to them. I've had PC's lose their cherished magic items more than once... have had overwhelming forces imprison/capture them more than once, and I may do so again. No one has plot armor, and the world doesn't revolve around my players.

They're all having a blast. :smallamused:

absolmorph
2011-04-02, 01:18 AM
Hi, I'm Logan, and I'm a Bad DM.
I will increase a "boss" encounter's health mid-fight just to make it last longer, and will increase the AC of an enemy and "forget" that being blinded makes them flat-footed so they aren't taken out quite so easily.

My fighter also frequently takes on ridiculously powerful characters alone.
That's his fault, though.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-02, 01:21 AM
My fighter also frequently takes on ridiculously powerful characters alone.

Would his name, by any chance, be Tordek?

GoodbyeSoberDay
2011-04-02, 01:24 AM
I'm GoodbyeSoberDay, and I'm a bad GM. I much prefer to play, so if the GM seat is foisted upon me, I'll run a one shot and then get back to playing. No extended character development. No story arcs. Just a one shot.

Hm, wait, that was actual self deprecation. I think I've missed the theme. Let me give it another try.

I'm [name], and I'm a "bad GM," wink wink. I neglect [particular rule or dice roll] when [particular rule or dice roll] leads to [something/anything I don't like]. When my group says they want to play [game involving rules and dice], what they really mean is they want to play free form while rolling dice and testing their arithmetic, so they love my style.

Wait, no, that's just me making fun of a straw man, which is itself making fun of a straw man, and who likes recursion? I guess you can just call me a bad player because I tend to prefer rule-abiding GMs, or GMs who cowboy up and throw out the rulebook entirely.

BloodyAngel
2011-04-02, 01:28 AM
*Brief but heartfelt applause* :smallbiggrin:

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-02, 01:29 AM
Wait, no, that's just me making fun of a straw man, which is itself making fun of a straw man, and who likes recursion? I guess you can just call me a bad player because I tend to prefer rule-abiding GMs, or GMs who cowboy up and throw out the rulebook entirely.

That's simultaneously contradictory and badass.

Serpentine
2011-04-02, 01:38 AM
That's right! I occasionally bump up the hitpoints on "boss" enemies if they get stomped a little too fast in order to make the battle more dramatic or make the players sweat a bit.This, and also I have a DMPC.
'nuff said.

Jarawara
2011-04-02, 02:28 AM
I was digging through a stack of old paperwork the other day - I came across a half-finished character sheet. I looked at the name. Cetra Molari. Ahhh... that brought back memories.

*~*

He was an NPC at the beginning of the campaign. A farmboy/carpenter. Religious, but not yet a priest. A fledgling engineering genius, and lacked a normal fear response to most mundane things. Shy and timid, he doesn't know how to make friends, and doesn't trust people much. He was a friend of one of the PC's, Allis, having worked with her to renovate the church together.

Other than that, the character sheet was blank. I hadn't statted up abilities, feats, skills, equipment, anything. It was a blank sheet with notes about his personality. Oh, and one other line: "This character exists to die a heroic or tragic death early on in the campaign, in order to hammer home the message that risk is ever present and the PC's must actively protect the NPC's from harm."

But they did protect him. Cetra survived. He continued with the party. But Allis rejected him, and dated Jonich instead. He felt betrayed; she was as untrustworthy as all the others. Then the darkness came, and offered him power. He accepted, and became a cleric of the dark lord. He became the villian. They fought him, defeated him, and he fled into the portal to hell, and was gone.

And then he returned, now much more powerful than before. He rejoined the party, having seen the light, so to speak, on just how bad the dark lord really is. Allis accepted him into the party, and they fought side by side, her using the divine light of Learun, him using the dark shadows of the underworld, and together they fought their way into the center depths of hell.

There he betrayed her, to become the sole bringer of divinity to Tiatia. She fought valiantly, and victory went to Allis. Cetra was defeated and re-sentenced to hell once again. Allis then went on to defeat the true heart of darkness, and the campaign came to a close.

*~*

So here I was staring at this half-finished character sheet, remembering all that Cetra had become over the years, and I suddenly realized...

This was the only character sheet I had ever made of him. And I had mislaid in this stack of papers probably one week into the campaign. All that came afterwards, was never defined. All of his developments, all his new powers, all of his equipment, skills, stats, were never written up, or even thought about. All the time he was a party member, all the time he was the lesser-BBEG, and every time I described in great detail the dark powers of his lord emanating from his fingertips to envelope his foes and drive them back or slay them outright... I was just making all that Sh** up on the fly.

Never once did I even take a moment to define what Cetra could actually do, or what the effects would actualy be, or what defenses could be used to protect oneself against him, or... well, anything at all about him.

My players call him one of the greatest villians ever in history of my campaign!

Hello, my name is Jarawara, and I am damn proud to be a "Bad DM".

ZakRenning
2011-04-02, 02:38 AM
Hey My name is ZakRenning (though not really haha), And I have been told (By some) I am my groups favorite DM (Though by these standards "bad")

My greatest advantage is that I am an Improviser, I perform comedy sketches with no script, this leads to making campaigns with no script.

I am strict but fair with the PCs which makes others happy (Even if I fudge rules because they are inherintly stupid :smallwink:

E.G. One campaign had no basis really. It started out as a "One kingdom invading another, defend the good kingdom!"
Then it became a worldwide conspiracy where all the surrounding courtries were led by the same bloodthirsty mercenaries and the only way to save the continent was to bring back the old inhabitants, the Deep Elves (Think the Dwemer ffrom Morrowind)
I never had a script or anything, just pulling it all out of my tail-bone:smallbiggrin:

Dsurion
2011-04-02, 02:53 AM
I am Freki, and if all of the things posted here make you bad DM's, surely I am the lowest of the low.

I play a game, for my enjoyment and for the benefit of others.

And I don't care what strangers on the internet think about the way I go about it.

Surely, this is heresy.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-02, 02:56 AM
I am Freki, and if all of the things posted here make you bad DM's, surely I am the lowest of the low.

And I don't care what strangers on the internet think about the way I go about it.

Surely, this is heresy.

You fiend. Burn in the tenth circle for your foul blasphemies.

absolmorph
2011-04-02, 03:38 AM
Would his name, by any chance, be Tordek?
Oh, how I wish. It's actually Chrono von Power.
Yeah. Really. His name is "Chrono von Power". von Power.
He was also the best role player of the group until recently and has a pretty good back-story. Which is also the ONLY back-story in the group.

That's simultaneously contradictory and badass.
Many badass things are.

You fiend. Burn in the tenth circle for your foul blasphemies.
PURGE THE HERETIC!

dsmiles
2011-04-02, 06:23 AM

Surely, this is heresy.
*slow clap* :smallbiggrin:

Tyndmyr
2011-04-02, 07:05 AM
I'm a bad dm.

I do things that others consider terrible, but can't justify them with actual arguments. So, I proclaim pride in my failures and post self congratulatory threads instead. Perhaps if I do this enough, someone will one day love me.

*single tear rolling down face*

The Glyphstone
2011-04-02, 07:48 AM
Great Modthulhu: I'm Great Modthulhu, and I'm a bad DM Mod, because I have to close threads that seem pretty explicitly to violate the rule on External Baggage.