PDA

View Full Version : PSP Memory Shortage

Deth Muncher
2011-04-02, 04:39 PM
Hey guys, so, I just recently got a PSP, and I'm trying to maximize my memory space on this - I don't like carrying around 52,000 devices, so I want to slap a few gigs of my favorite music on there, as well as downloading some games from the PSN I can't pick up around these parts. Currently, the only way I know is to get the Memory Core Duo jiggys, and unfortunately, the biggest one (the 32G) is more than I spent on the system itself. O_o Are there any cheaper ways to get more memory?

Dragero
2011-04-02, 06:33 PM
Hey guys, so, I just recently got a PSP, and I'm trying to maximize my memory space on this - I don't like carrying around 52,000 devices, so I want to slap a few gigs of my favorite music on there, as well as downloading some games from the PSN I can't pick up around these parts. Currently, the only way I know is to get the Memory Core Duo jiggys, and unfortunately, the biggest one (the 32G) is more than I spent on the system itself. O_o Are there any cheaper ways to get more memory?

PSP memory cards are VERY expensive, you`re better off having your music on a phone/ipod and keeping the precious psp memory for games. I know of no cheap way to obtain more rare psp memory cards.

Flickerdart
2011-04-02, 06:49 PM
They're regular Pro Duo cards - a 32GB one costs $70 new. I'm seeing some microSD to Pro Duo adapters but they seem to have limits on the size they can accept. MicroSD cards are a little cheaper, so you save a couple of bucks.

I'm reasonably certain that there's a homebrew compression utility, but I wouldn't know where to go looking for it - I haven't meddled in homebrew for years. In my day, a 4GB card meant you were a king! There was a 4GB external hard drive that weighed as much as a brick and needed an external battery! :smalltongue:

Deth Muncher
2011-04-04, 11:18 AM
They're regular Pro Duo cards - a 32GB one costs $70 new. I'm seeing some microSD to Pro Duo adapters but they seem to have limits on the size they can accept. MicroSD cards are a little cheaper, so you save a couple of bucks.

I'm reasonably certain that there's a homebrew compression utility, but I wouldn't know where to go looking for it - I haven't meddled in homebrew for years. In my day, a 4GB card meant you were a king! There was a 4GB external hard drive that weighed as much as a brick and needed an external battery! :smalltongue:

Well, I remember when...oh whatever. :P

And where were you finding the Pro Duo card that cheap? I was poking around Newegg to no avail.

Flickerdart
2011-04-04, 11:28 AM
Here (http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Memory-Stick-Flash-LMSPD32GBSBNA/dp/B002RL8UQ6) you are. It's all about the dealz.

Deth Muncher
2011-04-04, 11:35 AM
Here (http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Memory-Stick-Flash-LMSPD32GBSBNA/dp/B002RL8UQ6) you are. It's all about the dealz.

Thanks.

Though truthfully, this ALSO makes me weep tears of blood - this is still more than I paid for the PSP itself. Mind you, it's a 1000, so that's almost to be expected, I guess? -shrug-

But seriously, at this point I may just have to suck it up and staple my iPod to the PSP and be done with it.

Flickerdart
2011-04-04, 08:34 PM
I don't find the PSP that great for listening to stuff - an mp3 player belongs in the pocket for easy access, but the 1000 is far too large for that.