PDA

View Full Version : Help with building an army of elves

DogbertLinc
2011-04-02, 10:00 PM
Hello, long time lurker, first time desperate

So...in the last session I did something kind of stupid. I dropped my players in another dimension and now they're involved with a war between goblins and elves. They sided with the goblins and now I have an army to make.

Now that my intro is done, if you see this, Heavy, Sin, Khan, Bob or Glee, get out.

1>> In the current conditions of my world, most of the elves in existence are in this plane. For such, I used the 12 elf thingies in the crystal keep index to make 12 tribes and I need to make an unique (enough) chief for each tribe. I run out of creativity somewhere along the half-way point.

2>>The party is as follows:

>Lia (Scout 4/Ranger 1):Snow Elf, Swift Hunter, Archer, Arcane Hunter ACF. Going for Shot on The run/Travel Devotion
>Urist (Cleric 5): Dwarf, Worships Nerull, sort of figuring how to work the cleric, will take a while to be truly scary
>Garrick (Ranger 2/Barbarian 2): Elf, TWFighter, Spirit Lion Totem, and I'm not sure if he realizes the barbarian has class features (such as rage)
>Nefret (Warlock 4): Unseelie Fey, just flies around and shoots stuff.
>Tyris (Monk 5):Elf, The monkness is starting to catch up to him, but is still useful most of the time.

3>>Garrick died and the goblins brought him back, with a curse to force him to go and kill the elves (I still think they might kill him and run). Urist's parents were apparently killed by elves, so they have motivation for this.

4>>I by no means plan on having them fight all the big-name enemies, I'm just being safe. Each tribe will have some trained animals, mounts and possibly fliers. The goblins are working for a Red Dragon so I'll just slap every draconic template on them and be done with it.

5>>It's worth mentioning we play by skype/maptools, and I'm using mostly just SRD monsters for ease of checking. But I'm not opposed to copying monster blocks.

6>>In spoilers, all I have figured out for the tribes:

1>> Wild Elves.
Chief: Corn Vampire (I'm pretending I can vampire a Killoren, unless someone has a better idea. No idea of what class to make of him.)
Troops: Trained Dinosaurs

2>>Wood Elf
Chief: Feral Wood Elf (Killed and ate Urist's parents). Probably gonna make him a Wildshape Ranger (again, unless better ideas come along)
Troops: Wolves and Giant Eagles

3>>Snow Elf
Chief: Some guy that saved Lia as a child (going for something along the lines of Mystic Ranger/Sword of Arcane Order, not sure)
Troops: Winter Wolves

4>>Lesser Drow
Chief: Drow Cleric (stuck on that, no gimmick yet)
Troops: Spider Army

5>>High Elf
Chief: Elf Mummies (same mage that killed garrick's parents mummified them)
Troops: Dire Wolverines and Bats for mounts

6>>Aquatic Elf
Chief: I'm tempted to put net-throwers on top of the Monstrous Crab, just to **** with them.
Troops: Netters and Giant Crocodiles

7>>Fire Elf
Chief: Lava Vampire (Vampire on Lesser Magma Genasi, totally counts). Spiked Chain Tripper, got curbstomped the first time around and is now renamed to Midboss
Troops: Thoqqua advanced to serve as mounts. Maybe howlers.

8>>Desert Elf
Chief: No idea.
Troops: Monstrous Scorpions

9>>Ghost Elf
Chief: Twilight parody. (because of the natural glow of ghost elves)
Troops: Elves riding on Nightmares (amazing how well this one fits)

10>>Gray Elf
Chief: Thinking of bringing back a douchey elf they killed way back.
Troops: No idea

11>>Jungle Elf
Chief: Some fey that exiled him and sold him off to the BBEG
Troops: Plants, more fey, foresty things

12>>Umbragen Elf (didn't even know they existed, just gonna refluff them for something)
Chief: Necropolitan Feral Half-Minotaur Warblade 1+?/Dungeoncrasher Fighter 2+? (I'm ripping off the charger from L4D)
Troops: That shtick that lets you use a gelatinous cube for a mount; necromancers; rogues.

My plan is to invoke the backstory of pretty much every character, to mess with their motivations as much as possible.
In the beginning of the session, they'll meet the Dragon that rules over the goblins and from there I intend for them to meet the guy that saved Lia as a child, and use him to explain the elves' side of things.

7>>Their 3 options are (unless they get REALLY creative): Fight the goblins, fight the elves, or run. And I honestly rooting for run. But other than that, I have no plans whatsoever as for how they'll solve this.

And now with ALL that done, I ask the playground how to organize this and also to help me finish up this army. Please?

JKTrickster
2011-04-03, 12:11 AM
I remember some time ago someone started an "Army building" competition where members would build their own armies (all built with the same resources) and submit them. I'm sure more than one of them were almost elf-exclusive.

Sadly I seem to have most my link to that....