PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Sorcerer item help

Siphon
2011-04-03, 06:41 AM
Hello. I'm playing a human sorc, now at lvl11. I have around 24000gold coins and no idea what to spend them on. It's an elemental (air) sorc with spells from various classes to be diverse.
At the moment I have a rod of metamagic maximize and extend, both lesser ofc. Then a cloak of resistance +3, headband of alluring charisma +6, belt of phys. might +2 and a ring of sustenance plus a handy haversack. I always have the rod of max. out.

Stats:
ST 10
DE 14
CO 14
IN 14
WI 10
CH 24

As feats, I Ihave improved ini, craft magic arms and armor, forge ring, toughness, spell penetration (and greater), combat casting.

As skills, I have focused on diplomacy, spellcraft, knowledge arcane and planes. Then some distributed to some other skills.

But what should I buy with the money? I can't wear armor, so I won't have a high AC and I can't raise my CHA higher with the headband. I could get a robe to increase some of my skills, but what for? I use spellcraft not that often or rather, the +15 atm is kind of enough. Should I wait till I can get a better rod of metamagic maximize? I could also fuse items or put spells on my items, but I have no idea whatsoever which ones I could use that would help me.
Could you give me advice? Please only the core pathfinder stuff, the advanced isn't allowed atm.

McSmack
2011-04-04, 06:32 PM
I've got a level 6 pathfinder sorcerer, and I've been looking at what I need as well.

Depending on your spell list you might think about grabbing some scrolls/wands of low level utility spells. or even a Staff of Charming. If you're into the Diplomacy and stuff a Medallion of Thoughts might be good for you - continual detect thoughts

You could hold on and save another 6k to get an Orange Ioun Stone - a solid +1 caster level is pretty nice.

Bracers of Armor +4 could be a good choice depending on the game. The one I'm in is pretty combat heavy, so not having to buff myself with Mage Armor at the beginning of each fight would be nice.

Sillycomic
2011-04-04, 08:04 PM
Yes, you don't seem to have anything for your AC. You don't need to tank up, but perhaps a ring of protection and amulet of natural armor, both +2 would be most helpful.

I would also suggest a broom of flying. With this broom you can fly for like 9 hours a day. No more having to cast fly spell! Plus it flies on its own, so you can use it to get your whole party across a large chasm without wasting any spells at all.

Only 16,000 gold. Well worth the purchase!!!!