PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Limitations on the Diabolist and planar binding

DeMouse
2011-04-03, 08:57 AM
So, I have a character concept for an infernal bloodline sorceror who will later prestige class into diabolist. Is there any limitations to the number of devils I can bind at once by constantly recasting planar binding?

If there is not, what would be a good way to do it so that I'm not able to just throw more imps at a problem untill it is solved?

Or does the spell regulate itself better than i read it as doing?

The spell description is very long so here is a link to it

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/planar-binding

Yora
2011-04-03, 09:04 AM
When doing a planar binding, the summoned creature demands to be payed. Depending on how the GM handles that, it can be very expensive pretty soon.

DeMouse
2011-04-03, 09:07 AM
When doing a planar binding, the summoned creature demands to be payed. Depending on how the GM handles that, it can be very expensive pretty soon.

No, that is planar ally.

Planar binding is an opposed charisma check.

WinWin
2011-04-03, 01:05 PM
Open ended tasks have a duration of 1 day per level. Summoned creatures get an opportunity to break free, though Magic Circle can possibly negate this in PF.

Summoned creatures are likely to take theJackass Genie (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JackassGenie) approach to fullfilling your requests unless there is a reward on the table. Overall, nothing prevents you from having exploit this spell to the limits of your DM's patience.

Keep in mind, many spellcasting elementals and outsiders have an above average charisma score, so offering an incentive for them to help you might increase your chances if you need the assistance in a hurry. Otherwise, take your time and let iterative probability grant your character a harem of Succubi.

It would probably be a good idea to kill problematic summons before their service has expired, lest they attempt to take revenge. Outsiders in particular tend to make great undead minions.

DeMouse
2011-04-03, 05:59 PM
Open ended tasks have a duration of 1 day per level. Summoned creatures get an opportunity to break free, though Magic Circle can possibly negate this in PF.

Summoned creatures are likely to take theJackass Genie (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JackassGenie) approach to fullfilling your requests unless there is a reward on the table. Overall, nothing prevents you from having exploit this spell to the limits of your DM's patience.

Keep in mind, many spellcasting elementals and outsiders have an above average charisma score, so offering an incentive for them to help you might increase your chances if you need the assistance in a hurry. Otherwise, take your time and let iterative probability grant your character a harem of Succubi.

It would probably be a good idea to kill problematic summons before their service has expired, lest they attempt to take revenge. Outsiders in particular tend to make great undead minions.

Okay, thanks.

So it's more the risk of all the devils coming back for revenge on you that prevents abuse than anything. Guess that makes it easy for the DM to pull somthing on me if he thinks I am abusing it.