PDA

View Full Version : My soul's edge is sharper.

Hazzardevil
2011-04-03, 12:38 PM
In spired by the souledge, (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165961) I decided to make a prestige class for it.

Here goes.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Skills: Autohypnosis 8 ranks.
Special: Mind blade, Mind arrow and class feature.

Sharpest Mind
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+1|
2|
0|
2|Improved Soul Weapon, Improved Mind Arrow|+1 level of existing manifesting class

2nd|
+2|
3|
0|
3|Psychic Strike|+1 level of existing manifesting class

3rd|
+3|
3|
1|
3|Sharper, Heavier, Pointier|+1 level of existing manifesting class

4th|
+5|
4|
1|
4|Psychic Strike|+1 level of existing manifesting class

5th|
+6|
4|
1|
4|Sharper, Heavier, Pointier|+1 level of existing manifesting class

6th|
+7|
5|
2|
5|Psychic Strike|+1 level of existing manifesting class

7th|
+8|
5|[center]2/center]|
5|Sharper, Heavier, Pointier|+1 level of existing manifesting class

8th|
+10|
6|
2|
6|Psychic Strike|+1 level of existing manifesting class

9th|
+11|
6|
3|
6|Sharper, Heavier, Pointier|+1 level of existing manifesting class

10th|
+12|
7|
3|
7|Psychic Strike|+1 level of existing manifesting class [/table]

Note:
This prestige class uses 5/4 BAB, in essence this means that you add the BAB to every attack as normal. It also means you get your BAB attacks faster.

Improved Soul Weapon (ex):
A Sharpest Mind's levels stack with Soul's Edge levels for the purposes of determining the bonus of a Soul Weapon or Mind Arrow

Manifesting:
At each level indicated on the table, you gain
additional power points per day, an increase in manifester
level, and access to new powers as if you had also gained a
level in a manifesting class to which you belonged before
you added the prestige class. If you had more than one
manifesting class before becoming a Sharpest Edge,
you must decide to which class to add each level for the
purpose of determining power points per day, manifester
level, and powers known.
If you had no Manifesting before you gained a Sharpest Mind level then you may gain an additional bonus of psychic strike. Your Psychic strike bonus may not exceed your HD.

Psionic Warrior (Su)
A Sharpest Mind's endless practise with his Mindblade means he can take Fighter feats that require a certain fighter level providing his Sharpest Mind level is equal to the required fighter level -2. This stacks with Psionic warrior from the Soul's Edge.

Psychic Strike (Su):
At 2nd level and every even level after a Sharpest Mind gains +1 psychic strike damage. This stacks with Soul's Edge.

Sharper, Heavier, Pointier (Ex) :
At 3rd and every odd level after a Sharpest Mind's Mind Blade gains a clarity that allows him to refine his Mindblade that little bit better, that little bit sharper, that extra balance in her hand.
This gives a Refinery point every time this class feature is gained. This refines the Mind Blade in a way that is chosen every morning when the Sharpest Edge finishes resting or sleeping.
They may be spent in the following ways:
1 point : Gain a +1 Insight bonus to attack or damage, this may be bought any number of times.
2 point's : increase your critical range by 1, this bonus is not doubled by keen or improved critiacal.
3 point's: increase your critical damage from 2 to 3, 3 to 4 or 3 to 5

I know this isn't finished, but I'm out of ideas for class features really and need help from you guys.

YouLostMe
2011-04-03, 12:44 PM
Your BAB... how does it work? Is that a +1.25/level scheme?

'cause I'm pretty sure that's not normal-looking.

Hazzardevil
2011-04-03, 12:49 PM
Yes it is, I know it's not normal, but the Mind's edge works the same and I'm trying to make this an atractive option.

sengmeng
2011-04-03, 12:52 PM
If I was going to make a prestige class based around the idea of "sharpness," I'd have it all be about the critical.

abilities like:

Keep the Sharper and Pointier abilities.

Foe Bane: 1/day, spend 10 power points to designate a strike to automatically be a critical threat if it hits.

Heartseeker: add class level to rolls to confirm criticals.

Skewer: on a successful critical, you may spend 5 power points to add another multiplier to the damage

Dizzying Pain: on a successful critical, you may spend 3 power points to cause your opponent to be confused on the following round

Follow Up Strike: gain a free attack against an opponent who you scored a critical hit against.

Life Bane: requires Foe Bane: when using Foe Bane, the initial attack ignores armor, operating as a touch attack. This costs an additional 5 power points.

Sharpest Strike: requires Foe Bane: your Mind Blade gains the Vorpal special quality when you use your Foe Bane ability. This costs an additional 10 power points.

and, just so you can still be effective in those dirty situations where a creature is immune to criticals:

Soul Slicer: if you score what would be a critical threat against a creature immune to critical hits, you may spend 5 power points to have it count as a critical threat.

My version would also be a 3-5 level PrC, in which you select a few of these tricks, and don't pick up manifester levels.