PDA

View Full Version : Dresden Files Skin walker

Shinizak
2011-04-03, 05:11 PM
How would you stat a skin walker in the Dresden files RPG? The only thing i know of is that it can turn over cars, can cause psychic backlash from looking at it with your sight, can change it's appearance to other animals, and has it's own ley line in it. What else should I give it?

Ranos
2011-04-03, 05:51 PM
From your description, it has supernatural strength and beast change. The psychic backlash from the sight is standard fare for any supernatural creature. What does the ley line do ?

Shinizak
2011-04-03, 05:57 PM
It's like being hooked up and powered by a nuclear reactor, it gives it all the magical power it might ever need backing it (in DnD terms it might be seen as a sorcerer that never runs out of spells per day)

Ranos
2011-04-03, 06:10 PM
Make it a spellslinger with a lot of conviction and possibly some conviction stunts then.

ninja_penguin
2011-04-03, 06:35 PM
If you're referring to the naga-whatsit, you'll want claws, spellcasting ability, and tons of other stuff.

I think you'd be best off using it in a fashion of an implacable foe that hounds the characters, similar to something like the SA-X in Fusion, or the equivilent for other survival horror games.

Unless your players are super powered nigh-demigods. Or Injun Joe.

imperialspectre
2011-04-03, 09:03 PM
I would tend to agree. If you aren't rolling with Senior Council/Faerie Queen/etc levels of power, the naagloshii should probably be treated more or less as a plot device. It's not like the players are going to be able to do much of anything to it, so you may as well save the effort of statting it.

tonberrian
2011-04-04, 09:19 PM
Unless your players are super powered nigh-demigods. Or Injun Joe.

I'm not seeing how the second isn't covered by the first.

Dragonmuncher
2011-04-04, 09:31 PM
Shagnasty the Skinwalker didn't have a ley line coming out of it. It's super-powerful though, so that's a bit beside the point.

Super strength. Super regeneration. A terrifying, paralyzing scream/roar. Looking at it with The Sight automatically confers some kind of fear or insanity effect, until you can save.

Hm... didn't it eat Harry's magic at one point? Maybe not... but I do think it had some kind of dispel magic ability. So yeah, high level spellcasting ability, although it doesn't really seem like shooting off bursts of flame is its schtick.