PDA

View Full Version : Building a Bard [Pathfinder]

Hinotama
2011-04-03, 09:04 PM
Hello all,

I recently just got into a game and have chosen to play a bard. (Due to it being the only one we do not have, At least out of the core classes.) Though I'm trying to figure out how I want to build him for future use, aka prestige class. We are using the Pathfinder rules but are allowing backwards compatibility with other books. So I've been eyeing "The Seeker of Song" as well as a couple other options. Though I would like the feedback/advice of some verteran bards more familiar with them. Overall I will be going for a Support/Control class.

P.S. I am a Pseudo-dragon with a lvl adjustment of 2.

Amnestic
2011-04-03, 10:09 PM
but are allowing backwards compatibility with other books.

A pretty standard build would be Bard 8/Virtuoso 2/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso+8.

Knock off those last two levels if LA buyoff isn't allowed, I suppose. Gives you good Bardic Music and spellcasting.

You will probably want: Badge of Valor (MIC, 3/day +1 to Inspire Courage), Inspirational Boost (SpC, +1 to Inspire Courage) and Song of the Heart feat (Eberron Campaign Setting I think, +1 to Inspire Courage).

And when in doubt, check out the Bard Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870498/The_Bards_Handbook). Hope that helps.