PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Gish knight

Bloodymango
2011-04-03, 10:28 PM
Hello there I’m currently in a campaign right now, but we will be starting a new one soon and i was looking for some advice on my next character.
Race: helbread -2int +2con (Dm’s exception) only phb races allowed
Class: knight
AB’s
16 str
10dex
14con
6 int
8 wis
16 cha
I was thinking I would make him a gish, after 4th level in knight. Then I will go sorcerer and spellsword. I’m not sure if I want to go the full progression for spell sword. I was looking at blood magus. They seem to be an up close and personal type of caster. Any way I was looking for some help on feats, or if you know any other good combinations for a gish with knight and sorcerer combo. Plz no tome of battle. All other books to my knowledge are open. Feel free to post your questions

Private-Prinny
2011-04-03, 10:44 PM
As a first note, you may want to report your own post (click the triangle thing in the bottom-left corner) and request that the thread be moved to the D&D 3.5 subforum instead of homebrew.

How attached are you to Knight? There are plenty of ways to make the class work, but a gish is not one of them, since you lose 4 levels of casting progression.
Take one and only one level of Spellsword. You get all of the useful stuff from the class at level 1.
Abjurant Champion, from Complete Mage, can be slapped on any gish build to good effect. I'd give it a look.
Did you roll for those stats, or did you use a 26 Point Buy? Gishes tend to be able to put less focus on Strength, and you get a whopping 2 skill points per level unless you get your Intelligence up.
The lack of ToB is a shame, lest I would suggest Jade Phoenix Mage.
Another big gish class out there is the Swiftblade. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/prc/20070327) I'm just going to take a second to ask again how attached you are to Knight. Swiftblade gives up 4 caster levels. The entirety of its class features is considered a roughly equal trade for those lost levels. Does Knight 4 give you anything even remotely comparable to that?
Check out X Stat to Y Bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) to get your main casting stat added to as many things as possible.

Bloodymango
2011-04-03, 10:52 PM
thank you thread has been moved