PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with finding a 3.5 Equivalent

Mustafa69
2011-04-03, 11:28 PM
Hi GtP,

I have an issue and hope you guys might be able to help me with it. I have a character concept that I play for Pathfinders with my friend. The character in-question is based off of Twisted Fate from League of Legends and Gambit from X-Men. He uses some magic to grant him buffs and uses throwing daggers in place of cards. I ran into an old friend of mine on OpenRPG today, she has a campaign running for 3.5 and deemed my character incompatible with her needs. so I was hoping if you guys could help me find some sort of build that would fulfill the following needs:

Hybrid, Ranged Throwing dagger wielder, who would eventually be able to cast teleport (for those who play league of legends you know Twisted needs his destiny :3), and can buff himself with magic as well as outputting good DPS with his throwing cards. In pathfinders I use buffs to give me more damage and I use Arcane strike. The character level needs to be 5th but advice all the way to lvl 20 would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

~ Mustafa

LansXero
2011-04-03, 11:56 PM
What class / race / etc. was your pathfinder character?

NNescio
2011-04-04, 12:08 AM
Swordsage/Wizard/Jade Phoenix Mage

Go to town with Cloud of Knives (PHB II) and sneak attacks.

Mad Wizard
2011-04-04, 12:42 AM
Swordsage/Wizard/Jade Phoenix Mage

Go to town with Cloud of Knives (PHB II) and sneak attacks.

This would work pretty well, although the fire theme of the JPM wouldn't fit that well with the Twisted Fate theme... maybe his fire spells are like Pick a Card and the JPM's explosive rebirth thing is like Guardian Angel? I dunno.

nyarlathotep
2011-04-04, 01:47 AM
Ballisteer a mind's eye psionic prestige class is exactly what you are looking for though it needs to be updated from 3.0 to pathfinder psionics.

here it is. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030426b)

Base class would likely be psionic warrior or ardent.

Mustafa69
2011-04-04, 09:25 AM
What class / race / etc. was your pathfinder character?

The character was an alternative version of Bard called Arcane Duelist, and his race was human. I will post the sheet.

This is the pathfinders version of the character: http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=14767

Cloud of knives is a very good suggestion. Although I usually carried actual throwing daggers with me and took ranged feats and then imbued the daggers some how (for you league of legends players out there: you know manage to get Red Card, Blue Card, Gold Card)

Sword sage could work out too, altough I think anything from book of the nine could help lol. I am mostly looking for charisma based casters so I can get some bluff and stuff in. You do need bluff to play poker after all :3

The Minds Eye seems perfect too, the character was an arcane caster however; and I really don't know how to do psionics (I've never played one before D:) sorry but I am scrub :<.

Edit: If a luck or destiny/fated is possible that would be appreciated, there was something I saw in complete arcane last night called fate spinner. Maybe that can help?