PDA

View Full Version : Build a Coat of Many Pockets

Laniius
2011-04-04, 01:55 AM
For my character I'm building, I'm envisioning myself wearing a long trenchcoat, absolutely riddled with pockets on the inside. Trouble is I can't find anything that allows me to do this; the closest thing I can find is the sashling from Races of the Wild (as a non-magical thing). Nonmagical storage is the ideal thing here, pockets I can quickdraw from.

Heliomance
2011-04-04, 02:11 AM
There are no rules for it. Ask your DM.

NNescio
2011-04-04, 02:18 AM
Belt of Hidden Pouches, Races of the Wild, 5000 GP.

DMG Item Creation Guidelines: Change item slot to torso/body. Might incur a +50% cost.

Thurbane
2011-04-04, 02:27 AM
There used to be a spell for this, Deeppockets (1E & 2E) - not sure if it ever got a 3.X update.

Laniius
2011-04-04, 02:36 AM
Belt of Hidden Pouches, Races of the Wild, 5000 GP.

DMG Item Creation Guidelines: Change item slot to torso/body. Might incur a +50% cost.

Does the belt of hidden pouches allow me to draw as a free action if I have the quickdraw feat? Or even as a move action with no AOO?

And if there are no rules for what I want to do (that very well may be) I want to figure out what cost to put on it to start modifying it to what I want. I didn't know that the item creation rules existed, thank you. Also, if I go that route, and say have a coat, can I lay enchantments onto the coat afterwards?

Laniius
2011-04-04, 02:56 AM
Hm I think I found what I wanted, an inside pocket from Complete Scoundrel. 1 gp for each non-magical pocket on the inside of a piece of clothing; Since I know where the pockets are with quickdraw I should be able to take from them as a free action; problem: only can hold tiny items. Page 108 of complete scoundrel. I'm going to take a look at reskinning the belt of many pockets as well for more storage, but I also like the non-magical option that these pockets provide; can access my surprises even in an antimagic field. Thanks for the tips though!

Edit: Never mind. It's been ruled as a full round action to get the things from a "hidden space" (though I might ask the DM to make it a not-hidden space; i.e. not giving it the bonus to sleight of hand checks to hide things) back to the drawing board.

Admiral Squish
2011-04-04, 03:33 AM
Reslotted Belt of Many Pockets (C. Arc, 11,000 GP). Put it in the cape slot, or something along those lines. RAW it's a move action to retrieve an item from any one of the 64 magic pockets. You can probably talk you DM down to quickdrawing from them. Each one has a limit of 1 cubic foot and 10 lbs.