PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Illumans, please help

Kahlendrrari
2011-04-04, 12:42 PM
I have been reading through Raced of Destiny and came upon the Illuman race.... I don't fully understand the mechanics of them so i figured i would ask here.

Power Sigils: If the character were to multiclass into 3 classes, say Wiz/Sor/Ulitimate Magus, how many power sigils would it have? The way I read it would be 3 as long as it reached level 2 in each of the classes.

krau: I'm not entirely sure how this one works out. If the Character is a Wiz 6, does that mean it has a caster level of 7? and if said character were to multiclass into the same classes as the above question would that mean he gained +3 caster levels?

Cirrhosis
2011-04-04, 01:24 PM
unfortunately, you only ever get 2 sigils. it's confusingly worded, but it says when you reach second level in any class, which means if you take fighter as your first level and then wizard as your second level, you reached second level in any class, not just your first class. the bonus on both of your sigils also becomes 2 when you get your second one.

the krau sigil works like practiced caster, basically. it gives you a bonus of 1 to your caster level up to a maximum of your hit dice. when you hit second level, the bonus then becomes 2 like any other sigil. if you've taken 2 levels in wizard at this point, krau doesn't actually benefit you.

the sigils are designed to encourage multiclassing. the individual sigils are minor benefits to any character regardless of multiclassing, but without multiclassing you lose most or all of the benefits of the word glyph stuff.

Cog
2011-04-04, 01:30 PM
Some of the sigils do have benefits for single-classed characters, though. Halfcasters like Paladin and Ranger can do well with the ones that switch stats for your bonus spells and improve your caster level, for example.