PDA

View Full Version : Phineas and Ferb

TheArsenal
2011-04-04, 02:07 PM
I love this show. I love the songs, the jokes are great, and none of the characters are jerks.

What about you?

Lord Vukodlak
2011-04-04, 02:56 PM
I liked the finding Mary McGruffin episode after a huge chase to track down a doll that was accidentally sold at a garage sale then later accidentally donated to charity it lands in the hands of a sweet little girl.

Candace: Oh, forget it. I guess I'm too old for dolls anyway.

Vanessa: Yeah, maybe I don't really have to have the one object my dad spent years to find in order to show me his affection.... No, actually I do. Give me that, kid!

Drascin
2011-04-04, 04:59 PM
Yes, I love P&F. Easily one of the best cartoons on air right now, with funny humour, great characters, and appropiately zany antics. And more great songs than you can shake a wrench at! (I'd link my favorites, but that'd be a huge, huge, huge list! :smallbiggrin:)

Jamin
2011-04-04, 06:01 PM
Phineas and Ferb is easily one of the funniest cartoons on right now
On the other hand Phineas and Ferd are easily the worst part of the cartoon

Dvandemon
2011-04-12, 02:07 PM
@^: HOW?!?!?!??!

I love the show

Fredaintdead
2011-04-12, 04:00 PM
This show, especially when compared to the absolute crap Disney seems to like putting out these days, is absolutely wonderful. The characters are likeable, the jokes are funny and the songs are both memorable, entertaining and catchy.

Also, it rekindled my love of the Platypus. Because Platypeople are awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Delorges
2011-04-12, 04:21 PM
Like the show too, although the songs are pretty much hit or miss with me. Some of them I love, others are just... meh, were just put in for the sake of having a song in the episode?
The interaction between Perry and Doofenshmirtz is easily the funniest part of the show to me.^^

TheArsenal
2011-04-12, 05:21 PM
Like the show too, although the songs are pretty much hit or miss with me. Some of them I love, others are just... meh, were just put in for the sake of having a song in the episode?
The interaction between Perry and Doofenshmirtz is easily the funniest part of the show to me.^^
Its mostly hit for me. Which ones you dislike?

Mordar
2011-04-12, 06:59 PM
I love this show. I love the songs, the jokes are great, and none of the characters are jerks.

What about you?

I am definitely a jerk.

Oh, wait. That's not what you meant. Okay then...3 out of 4 in my household are P&F fans, spanning age 12 to adult.

- M

kpenguin
2011-04-12, 07:02 PM
and none of the characters are jerks.

Three words: Little. Suzy. Johnson.

Orzel
2011-04-12, 07:50 PM
I hum the Quirky Worky Song about 50% of the time when doing boring work.

Makes you move faster for real.

druid91
2011-04-12, 07:54 PM
Three words: Little. Suzy. Johnson.

Nope she's actually pretty nice when she isn't ruining Candace's attempts at gaining Jeremy's attention, as part of her mind control maintenance.

Heck that was part of the plot of one episode. Jeremy wasn't around so Suzy was trying to help Candace gain control of her brothers. Then Jeremy returns....:smallbiggrin:

H Birchgrove
2011-04-13, 12:43 PM
I like it but it's repetitive. Haven't seen it for a while. I preferred 'The Replacements', 'Teacher's Pet' and 'Brandy & Mr. Whiskers'.

Delorges
2011-04-13, 01:09 PM
Its mostly hit for me. Which ones you dislike?

Ehm. I actually remember mostly the ones I like and don't bother about the other ones. :smallredface: And for some songs it's rather the translation, that makes me dislike them, though I guess songs must be a pain to translate. The german version of "Let's take a rocket ship to space" for example sounds ridiculously bad. >> The original is better though. And then there are just genres or styles of music I prefer over others. I mostly like the more cheerful, upbeat songs. "Chains on me", "He's a bully" and "E.V.I.L. B.O.Y.S" I just can't get to like. :smallconfused:

kpenguin
2011-04-13, 01:12 PM
Nope she's actually pretty nice when she isn't ruining Candace's attempts at gaining Jeremy's attention, as part of her mind control maintenance.

Heck that was part of the plot of one episode. Jeremy wasn't around so Suzy was trying to help Candace gain control of her brothers. Then Jeremy returns....:smallbiggrin:

This excuses Suzy of the psychological warfare she wages on Candace how...?

Heck, that episode cements it, showing what herr methods are of just breaking people. Further, just being protective of Jeremy doesn't explain why Buford is so terrified of her...

TheArsenal
2011-04-13, 02:58 PM
I like it but it's repetitive. Haven't seen it for a while. I preferred 'The Replacements', 'Teacher's Pet' and 'Brandy & Mr. Whiskers'.

Actualy I think its the beginnings/ end are mostly same. Everything in the middle is mostly different. But maybe its just me.

I mostly like the more cheerful, upbeat songs. "Chains on me", "He's a bully" and "E.V.I.L. B.O.Y.S" I just can't get to like.

But their good songs right?

Dvandemon
2011-04-14, 12:52 PM
Actualy I think its the beginnings/ end are mostly same. Everything in the middle is mostly different. But maybe its just me.

But their good songs right?

YES, yes yes yes yes, to all of that. The main reason the beginnings and end are the same is because they have a distinct formula based around their running gags. They lampshade it many many times

Ravens_cry
2011-04-14, 01:10 PM
Am I the only one who is a little creeped out by the song the girls sing in the episode where they build a full sized RC out of their moms car? I mean, they are obviously little girls, yet sing like grown woman. Freaky.

Fjolnir
2011-04-14, 01:28 PM
Phineas and Ferb is a very well done show BECAUSE the beginning and ending are mostly the same. The show follows the same plot in every episode "What are we going to do today?", determining and starting the plan, perry disappears to combat "evil", Candice trys to stop the protagonists, something removes the plot centric device before mom sees it.

It's a lot like Pinky and the Brain in that respect, at the end of the episode the characters are the same despite what they did during the course of it.

TheArsenal
2011-04-14, 03:56 PM
Am I the only one who is a little creeped out by the song the girls sing in the episode where they build a full sized RC out of their moms car? I mean, they are obviously little girls, yet sing like grown woman. Freaky.

Im freeked out by "Take the Yellow Sidewalk" The way they sing it just makes me think of serial killers.

Corlindale
2011-04-14, 04:02 PM
I love the show. Well-written, really funny, genuinely catchy songs for the most part, and just a general feel-good mood at the basis of the whole thing.

Phineas and Ferb is a very well done show BECAUSE the beginning and ending are mostly the same.

I agree with this. At first I did dislike the formulaic structure a little, but eventually I grew to like it - especially because so many of the jokes are based around lampshading or deviating from these established norms, or twisting the established catchphrases.

In general they derive a lot of comedy from subverting expectations, and I really appreciate that. For instance, Dr. D will often have a device that obviously seems to be capable of erasing P&Fs project, yet the actual ending will be some ridiculous causal chain of events which makes it disappear in a most indirect fashion.

And even though the basics of the plot are usually identical, it's always interesting to see what new project P&F are going to start or what hilariously complex scheme Dr. D has in the works.

Nomrom
2011-04-14, 04:31 PM
I thought this show as kind of dumb when my brothers first started watching it, but after sitting down and watching a few episodes I really liked it. It's the only cartoon I watch on tv anymore. My favorite song is definitely Mexican Jewish Cultural Festival. Especially cuz the first time I saw that episode I was watching it with my Mexican Jewish friend.

Dvandemon
2011-04-14, 04:36 PM
I really can't get the song from that segment out of my head, and the image of Candace watching it haunts me :smallbiggrin:

Leeham
2011-04-15, 02:16 PM
I was forced to watch it over the last week and I must say, I'm hooked. The bits with Perry make me giggle like a little girl. Which is worrying.

grimbold
2011-04-15, 04:57 PM
i love perry the platypus
the rest is humourous but perry is a god

ScionoftheVoid
2011-04-17, 03:58 PM
I don't like it. The first half of the episode tends to be okay, but the ending always lets it down (to me) and they always end it the same way. Candace gets her mother to come home moments after whatever they made that episode disappears, leading to her being chewed out for not taking looking after the boys seriously. Those kind of scenes based around a misunderstanding are physically painful for me, and no show with one every episode is ever going to be something I like.

Though obviously, that applies only to me. I'm weird.

TheArsenal
2011-04-17, 05:14 PM

No it doesn't. It annoys everybody and thats the point. Its one of those things (WTF A HOLE IN THE DEATH STAR?) that if you can get around then it becomes 100% better. Again, I find it Ironic that im rooting for so many characters at the same time. I want Candace to win, but it would meen no more adventures. I want Doof to win....But I think he likes getting the **** beat out of him....Hes creepy.

grimbold
2011-04-18, 11:42 AM
I don't like it. The first half of the episode tends to be okay, but the ending always lets it down (to me) and they always end it the same way. Candace gets her mother to come home moments after whatever they made that episode disappears, leading to her being chewed out for not taking looking after the boys seriously. Those kind of scenes based around a misunderstanding are physically painful for me, and no show with one every episode is ever going to be something I like.

well after all it is childrens television
very good childrens television
but yeah, sometimes you have to forgive kids shows for being simple if they are awesome enough