PDA

View Full Version : Alchemical Sling Bullets?

Urpriest
2011-04-04, 08:35 PM
A quick question, but involved enough that it probably shouldn't be in the Q&A thread: are there any sources for alchemical or otherwise hollow sling bullets? Sling bullets with potions inside?

TurtleKing
2011-04-04, 08:39 PM
Try finding Crystal Keep's pages on this. If need be go to my Ranged Builds thread and follow one of the links for the throwing build. I will post which post you should look for the link.

Edit: Post 10 by WinWin. Click the link for the flask rogue.

holywhippet
2011-04-04, 08:42 PM
Potions have to be drunk to work - the rules are clear on that matter. Oils can be applied externally though, arguably you could just load them into something made of glass.

Technically you could load a potion into a glass sphere and fire it down a large monster's throat I suppose. You'd need to confirm with your DM that they will allow the potion to be small enough to fit in a launchable size sphere though.

Zaq
2011-04-04, 08:43 PM
Libris Mortis has special sling bullets filled with [un]holy water. It shouldn't be hard to extrapolate from there (or to convince your GM to do so). I've also been directed to Dragon #344 for sling bullets full of alchemist's fire, but I can't independently verify that.

TurtleKing
2011-04-04, 09:05 PM
I have a downloaded Crystal Keep Equipment Index.

Alchemist Fire Bullet in DR #334
Liquid Sunlight in CSco
Rust Cube in CSco
Powdered Silver in CSco
Ferrous Aqua in CSco

That is not including all of the other grenade like alchemy items. Most of those are 10' range, but if you use a Gnome Calculus that is an enlarged sling designed to sling flasks for even greater distance.

Edit: CSco stands for Complete Scoundrel.

faceroll
2011-04-05, 01:38 AM
Not really what you are looking for, unless you just want to up your range on alchemical items, but the Launch spell from SpC is a cantrip that tosses items up to like 100 feet or something.