PDA

View Full Version : Monster Rancher d20?

Solaris
2011-04-04, 09:32 PM
Would anyone be interested in this? How would you stat out the monsters? I'm mostly looking at the iconic ones, plus a couple that apparently didn't make the cut out of MR2 but are my favorites nonetheless (such as Worm). I figure they'd be magical beasts (a given), maybe a couple are constructs (Henger), aberrations (Jell?), or outsiders (Joker) but not many. I'm less interested in the monster tamer/rancher class, just some opinions on making the various monsters. The monsters would probably be around 1-2 HD, at least the ones you can unlock early, and the ones you have to earn have more HD (and corresponding increase in power).
I know there's been a few folks making a d20 Pokemon on-and-off for years, but I haven't found many who're doing Monster Rancher. Of course, if someone's beat me to it, then I'd be much obliged if you'd point me their way.

Blynkibrax
2011-04-07, 07:57 AM
I never played Monster Rancher, so I'm not really familiar, but I always love seeing new monsters and some of the ones I remember were pretty cool.

This fellow (http://monsterrancher.wikia.com/wiki/Suezo) looks like some kind of beholderkin...

Solaris
2011-04-07, 08:33 AM
It was in the vein of Pokemon and Digimon World, one of the pet monster type games. You raised a monster you unlocked from a CD or DVD (a "Mystery Disc" in game terms). I'm probably going to use the BESM system for most of this, honestly.
You could also combine monsters, resulting in a sort of hybrid monster with traits from both parents (basically, the body mesh came from the base monster, while the skin came from the secondary monster - it was also reflected statistically). I plan on using templates for that.