PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Rain [In-Character]

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-04, 11:47 PM
World's ending, they say. Erde all comin' to a halt, here at the end of days. Hope's a rare commodity.

It's the plague, you see. Some kinda punishment from the gods you don't believe in. Or maybe it was a government experiment that went horribly wrong. It doesn't matter. Most people nowadays aren't in much of a position to care.

Phoenix: Location - Medical Bay, General Area

You hear an earth-shaking explosion.

As you come to, you become vaguely aware of three things: the first is that there is a bright, shining light directly in your eyes. The second is that you are on some kind of gurney.

The third is that you still have your knife with you.

Ivan: Location - Medical Bay, Quarantine Room

The kindly old doctor has just left the room. This is the third checkup you've had since they took you here, and you are beginning to wonder why. You are not plague-positive - you think - and have not been in contact with the hideous black rain that has been corrupting so many living things around the city. You have no idea where you are, as you were taken here under heavy sedation. Not to mention the fact that the last time you tried the door, it was locked electronically from the outside.

An earth-shaking explosion cuts your musings short.

John: Location - ???

They've been keeping you under sedation ever since they tried to remove your beloved arm. They found it safer this way. The sedation is beginning to wear off, but you become aware of the darkness around you and the tight bindings constricting you.

They feel like a straitjacket.

You become aware of a dim explosion, wrenching you out of your drugged stupor.

[See OOC post for situation information]

SamBurke
2011-04-05, 12:06 AM
Phoenix grins, slips the knife out of its drop-leg sheath, and begins to work. Slashing away his restraints, little by little he begins to emerge from the dreadful medical cocoon. He pushes away the light and squints once, glancing around the room.

Airanath
2011-04-05, 12:14 AM
John tests the strenght of the bounds tying him, there is this terrible itch in his arm, and he needs to feel if its all right. Meanwhile he looks around for any possible indications of an exit.

Edit: I forgot to pick a color, as reminded by the poster bellow, so I claim Dark Orchid.

Vonwalt
2011-04-05, 01:21 AM
Ivan grabs the lab coat and slips it on over his patient gown, then tries the door again. dark blue will be mine.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-05, 01:32 AM
Phoenix Notice check

[roll0]

John restraint check

[roll1]

Ivan

NO ROLL

Phoenix

A quick glance of Phoenix's trained delinquent's eye tells him that he might be able to get something useful off any of the shelves. That wall panel next to the implements cabinet looks interesting as well.

John

The strait-jacket gives way with a little effort. John looks around and sees the only exit is the door... although there appears to be some kind of ventilation system as well.

The room's pads are quite comfy.

Ivan

There is a slight hiss as the door gives way. Ivan moves into an area marked "Medical Bay", noticing a shifty-looking young man who has just cut himself free of a gurney.

Ivan notices some weight in his new lab coat's right pocket.

Airanath
2011-04-05, 01:37 AM
*mumbles*They tried to cut us apart, its better if we get out of here...
John tries to force open the ventilation shaft, so he can crawl into it.

((OOC under spoiler))
This is my last turn for this night, god damn time zone telling me to sleep so I can work tomorrow.

Vonwalt
2011-04-05, 02:22 AM
"Er, hello. Any idea vot that explosion was?" Ivan says to the shifty man. He takes a moment to feel the shape of the object in his pocket, pulling it out a little to see what it is.
*EDIT* Apparently, it's a notebook and pen. In that case, I'll glance at the first page.

SamBurke
2011-04-06, 01:03 PM
Phoenix glances around the room, checking for anything he'd need to knife or steal. Either one works. *grin* What, specifically, is on the shelves?

OOC: Color: Blood red.
Sorry about not being there last night. Glad to see the rest of y'all are night people, though.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-07, 11:13 AM
Phoenix

Ignoring the large man with an accent, Phoenix turns and scans the shelves nearby. The medical tools have all the standard stuff, forceps, scalpels, and the like, though there is a particularly nasty looking battery powered portable surgical saw among the mess, as well.

The medical supplies along the other wall has a pack of Nanostim Crush. In addition there are lower-tech first aid kits and gauze pads.

This place looks like it was gearing up for a long haul.

Phoenix takes a glance at the wall panel, but, no, he doesn't have X-ray vision.

Ivan

Ivan shrugs as the young man ignores him and instead pulls the weight out of his pocket. It is a black notebook, presumably belonging to the kindly old doctor who has hitherto been responsible for all of those tests on him. He leafs through the pages, but it appears that they are in an incomprehensible doctor's scrawl. It will take a little more effort to decipher them.

John

With a wrenching movement, John tears the wall grate free and attempts to fit himself into the shaft, just like in those horrid action-films he used to see back before he... changed.

He crawls along, feverishly muttering to himself, finally popping out into a large chamber with a heavy generator in its center. There are grates of all sorts on each wall in the room.

This would appear to be central air conditioning.

Airanath
2011-04-07, 11:27 AM
Talking to the generator: Hey beutiful, so any idea where way out is? Maybe a map, that would be helpfull, and if you would be so kind, can you turn down the temperature, its kinda hot in this place?
John looks for any kind of computer or ways to control/interface with the generator or the systems in the place.

Vonwalt
2011-04-07, 11:29 AM
Ivan, snubbed by the shifty man, will shrug and attempt to decipher the doctor's handwriting and read the notebook more thoroughly.

SamBurke
2011-04-07, 01:57 PM
Phoenix turns. "Foe, friend, or otherwise, punk?"

He flips his knife and grabs the point, keeping it ready for a throw as he backs towards the tool shelves, sweeping everything he can into his pockets without taking his eyes off of the man.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-07, 02:25 PM
John

The generator glows dimly for a brief moment. John almost expects it to talk to him, like all of his sparky friends, but it does not. Instead a faintly visible electron stream makes itself apparent, illuminating a door in the far wall that John had not seen due to the dim lighting.

Phoenix

Phoenix gesticulates aggressively at the large man, asking him if he is a friend or enemy. The large man indicates the former, and turns away, buried in his notebook. The hell is this guy's problem?

Ivan

Turning away from the vicious-looking young man, Ivan begins to leaf through the notebook. He can make out some of the notes; many of them refer to him and his immunity to the plague that's been sweeping the city. Other test subjects are also mentioned, kept in separate parts of the facility. He sees mention of a volatile young man being brought in, whose name appears to be "Phoenix". The description matches that of the person in front of him. He has a similar immunity

Airanath
2011-04-07, 02:31 PM
John follows the stream, but not without being polite to the generator, even if its kind of shy.
Thank you ma'am, have a fair day.

Vonwalt
2011-04-07, 03:35 PM
"Whoah, Hey, calm down! Friend, friend!" Ivan raises one hand placatingly, and backs slightly away from the angry Phoenix, sliding the book back into his pocket. "You're Phoenix, right? Any idea vot that explosion was?"

SamBurke
2011-04-07, 11:11 PM
Phoenix nods. "Phoenix, yes. Explosion, no. You?", biting off the words a little bit, while still stuffing materials into his pockets.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-07, 11:31 PM
Phoenix and Ivan

Ivan watches as Phoenix ransacks the area for supplies. He is able to obtain two first aid kits and a packet of nanostim crush, which might prove useful at some point. The scalpels and surgical tools look too delicate to really be of any use later on, but they might still fulfill some function. In addition, that battery-operated surgical saw looks like it could really do some damage to metal or bone.

As he roots around in the supplies, Phoenix hears a sound like rapidly approaching footsteps and voices. Ivan misses it entirely and continues to observe Phoenix.

John

The generator blushes (or does it?) at John's suave parting remark. He makes his way to the door and shoves it open, stepping through without another word. He finds himself in a narrow hallway that has the look of a maintenance corridor. At each end of the hallway is a door. There is also a door directly opposite the one he has just exited, although it appears to be electronically locked. There are strange wet sounds coming from behind it.

SamBurke
2011-04-07, 11:33 PM
Phoenix replaces every large object back on the shelf in double time and jumps carefully on his gurney, sliding his knife into its sheath with a comforting click.

"Footsteps."

Vonwalt
2011-04-08, 12:23 AM
"My name is Ivan, and I know nothing about this explosion. Hey, vot are you-" Ivan breaks off as Phoenix mentions footsteps, and retreats back to the room from whence he came.

Airanath
2011-04-08, 06:05 AM
John tries to listen behind the door, for any other hints as to the origin of the sound. He also checks the ground near the door to figure if there is any water coming from the room.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-08, 11:08 AM
Phoenix

With his eyes half-open, Phoenix barely sees a young woman and an old man in shirtsleeves come into the room and hastily close the door. The young woman drags a chair up and attempts to use it to pin the door shut, but fails. "God dammit," she says, slamming her fist against the door.

"They'll be coming for us, soon," mutters the old man. "There's something in them that drives them to seek death and carnage."

"I know!" snaps the woman. "We just need to find our way out of here. Just need to..."

The old man sighs. "I must check on my patient," he says. "I have a duty to him, as a doctor."

The young woman sighs and sits down with her back to the door.

Ivan

Through the window, Ivan sees a young woman in a gray military uniform and the old doctor he's grown familiar with burst into the room. They have a heated conversation. The woman attempts to block the door with a chair, but fails.

The old doctor heads towards the Quarantine room.

John

Whatever's causing that sound from behind the door, John realizes it isn't by any means mechanical. It doesn't have the pleasing electrical hum he's come to associate with his metal friends.

What they do sound like are footsteps. There are accompanying gurgling noises that do not bode well for whatever is behind that door, and the occasional moan.

Vonwalt
2011-04-08, 01:25 PM
Ivan opens the door and goes back into the other room. "Excuse me, vot is happening? I heard an explosion. Is everything all right?"

Airanath
2011-04-08, 01:28 PM
Definitly not a way out then, since someone is there...
John heads to the left door, leaving whatever is behind the door to its fate.

SamBurke
2011-04-08, 01:46 PM
Phoenix stays put, but slips his hand down to his knife.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-08, 01:55 PM
John

John makes his way to the door on his left, leaving whatever-it-is behind him. Didn't sound like something very pleasant, at any rate.

He tests the door with his hand. It appears to be stuck, but a little force ought to fix that up.

Ivan

The old doctor regards him curiously. "I'm afraid so, Mr. Petrovic. Something is terribly wrong."

"No need to worry, you may keep my coat for now. I fear I will not be needing it." The doctor sighs. The... creatures... affected by the plague have besieged this military base. My companion over there suspects there is some driving force commanding them, I myself impute it to their natural savagery."

"We must escape this base somehow. I am sorry for not having properly introduced myself until now. I am Doctor Waldorf."

Phoenix

Keeping his eyes on the woman sitting by the door, he slowly puts his hand to his knife. She catches the movement however and springs to her feet, pulling an electric handgun from a concealed holster. "
Hold still, bucko, no sudden moves..." she says, readying her weapon. "We don't mean you no harm... at least, I don't."

Airanath
2011-04-08, 02:01 PM
*mumbles* Why has the door to always be stuck...
John heads to the other door, hoping that he doesn't need to pull of any more physical stunts, he is getting tired of those already.
((John is weak and, somewhat lazy, so if he can avoid it, he won't do physical actions, unless its the lesser of two evils))

Vonwalt
2011-04-08, 02:28 PM
"A pleasure to finally know your name, Doctor. I only vish we could have met under more... pleasant circumstances." Ivan scratches his mustache reflectively. "Ve must escape the base, you say? I take it the normal means of exit are out of the question... And how are ve to protect ourselves, should we come into contact vith these creatures?"

SamBurke
2011-04-08, 03:00 PM
Phoenix sits up carefully and slides his knife out of its sheath. "What other way is there?". He keeps his eyes on the woman. "Friend, ho. Your name?"

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-08, 03:15 PM
John

Bemoaning his luck, John begins to turn to try the last door, at the opposite end of the narrow hallway. As he turns, he hears a sound like a creaking door and finds the locked door has opened.

A creature that resembles a twisted human being, mutated horribly out of shape and with some kind of black substance all over it, staggers out of the door and continues making its gurgling sounds. It appears to be wearing the remains of a janitorial outfit.

The creature turns towards John and begins to lurch towards him.

Well, ****.

Phoenix

The woman similarly refuses to let her eyes leave Phoenix, wary of an attack. "Those things are coming. Are you any good in a fight? We should join forces... for now."

Ivan

"We may attempt escape by normal means, as the exits are still functioning," says Waldorf, patting his pockets. "Undoubtedly we may run into some trouble. The creatures are filtering into the base, and some of the staff has been infected. There is an Arsenal near this hospital building. We could attempt to make our way there and arm ourselves. Most of the stock has been taken by the military, I assume, but no doubt there are some weapons and other things that would be useful left behind. I am no fighter, my friend, but you served once with the military, yes? Your expertise would be a great help."

SamBurke
2011-04-08, 03:21 PM
Phoenix grins crookedly and jumps to his left, flipping the knife into one of the shelves against the wall. He curves his midsection further left to dodge the presumed bullet/electricity, knowing that if the gun fires electricity the metal of the knife or utensils in his pocket will draw the fire.

If a bullet, his movement and head start should be enough to dodge the shot.

Vonwalt
2011-04-08, 03:27 PM
"Indeed. I vould be happy to help. Ve must all stick together in this time of crisis, yes?" As Phoenix pulls his shenanigans, Ivan turns in shock to the window and shouts. "Vot are you doing?!"

Airanath
2011-04-10, 11:26 AM
All I needed one of those animalistic aberrations
John prepares himself mentaly for the fight and punchs the creature.

((sorry for the delay, seems my e-mail notifications went off for w/e reason)

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-10, 11:41 AM
John vs. Twisted Man

Griping under his breath, John winds up for a hefty strike, aimed directly at the center of the mutated creature's torso! The air whistles as his modified arm rockets at the creature's chest... but at the last moment the creature slumps against the wall and the punch misses!

The creature brings its own black stained arm around for a strike, swinging at John's exposed torso, but misses cleanly.

Phoenix

Phoenix completes his show of agility with a flourish and lands neatly. The woman raises one eyebrow and chuckles. "You're quick. That'll be useful."

She looks to the window for her old companion. "We need to start moving soon." Turning to Phoenix, she tentatively offers her hand. "Call me Scout. You're Phoenix, right? The doc told me about you. Is that some kind of gang name?"

Ivan

Ivan stares in disbelief as Phoenix leaps neatly off the gurney from a seated position.

It looked even weirder from where he was standing.

"Ahhh, that young man," says Waldorf. "A bit of an odd fish. We brought him in as he had passed out in the rain, but he had not mutated... much like you had not. Both of you appear to be immune, my friend. It is quite funny that someone had taken the opportunity to carve the word 'phoenix' into his chest."

Waldorf smiles and pushes the door open. Miss Quen!" he says. "Mr. Petrovic has agreed to aid us!"

Airanath
2011-04-10, 11:45 AM
I knew I should have actually done those combat training classes the army offered
John lunges at the creature again, hoping to finish the fight quickly he aims a blow at the creature head.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-10, 12:05 PM
I'll be finishing solo fights as they go, so that the game goes by faster. BTW you rolled a 6 on your damage roll, hilariously.

FATALITY

John vs. Twisted Man

As the creature tries to bring its twisted arm around for another swing, John grabs it by the face with the grip of his techno-arm and wrenches its head to one side, then slams it in the chin with a vicious uppercut.

The blow causes the creature's soft tissue to tear free, spraying black blood everywhere, some of it getting on his strait-jacket and patient's gown.

The creature slumps to the ground, quite obviously deceased.

Vonwalt
2011-04-10, 01:35 PM
"Yes, I have. I really feel that if things are as serious as you say, ve must move quickly." he begins walking towards the door, then stops. "Where exactly should I be going?"

Airanath
2011-04-10, 06:10 PM
John looks in awe to his techno-arm, now all bloody from the skirmish.
Thanks buddy, seems you also aren't ready to give up, eh? We should find those guys who tried to separate us sometime, and tell them a thing or two maybe?
Feeling a bit less scared, John proceeds tho check the room the creature broke in from, might be something useful there. After that, heading for the door in the right, which, this time, he will just body slam to get done with it. Lurking around too long won't be any good.

lol, so I noticed, I actually saw the OOC post before the IC post, was wondering how it would work out and kinda laughing

SamBurke
2011-04-11, 11:41 PM
OOC Apology:

Sorry guys about the delay. Took a while to grab a computer.

Phoenix grins. "Sharp. Useful." He walks over to the wall and slips his knife back into its sheath. "Yes."

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-12, 01:14 AM
Phoenix

Scout returns the grin uneasily. It would appear that she has just realized that she is not talking to an entirely stable person. "Follow. You understand? Follow. Follow friend."

She moves to open the door, but is interrupted when a tremendous blow forces the door open, sending her reeling!

A huge mutated man and a smaller one limp into the room, gurgling wetly.

Ivan

Waldorf cries out as the twisted men burst into the room. "Anywhere but here!" he cries to Ivan. "We must break through!"

He reaches into his pocket for a weapon and takes out a small pistol. "Take this, friend, I had planned to hold it in reserve - but I cannot shoot. Kill those beasts, that we may escape!

John

John steps over the dead mutant and looks into the previously security-locked door it emerged from. There is a clearly marked EXIT sign down that way.

Ignoring it for now, he heads over and forces the other door open. It appears... to be a Janitor's closet.

Airanath
2011-04-12, 01:17 AM
John checks the closet for any kind of clothes, going back to the surface wearing a straitjacket, and a bloodier one at that, isn't going to be nice.
Also looking for any other useful items.

SamBurke
2011-04-12, 01:20 AM
Phoenix flips forward and pushes her to the side, drawing his knife and sliding into the larger man's eye, and following it by a jumping (*Parkour*) kick, trying to angle the larger man (thing) towards the smaller man.

Vonwalt
2011-04-12, 01:28 AM
Ivan carefully aims the pistol, and fires at the smaller of the two things.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-12, 02:09 AM
Combat!

Ivan takes a deep breath and lines up a shot, angling the small pistol at the smaller mutant. With a steady pull, he depresses the trigger.

The bullet strikes the creature right in the joint connecting thigh to pelvis. There is a sickening crack and the creature falls over, unconscious.

The young woman, Scout, hastily brings her electric pistol up and fires it at the burlier mutant, but the shot misses by a huge margin, sending a bright blue arc into the floor.

Phoenix seizes his chance, shoving her aside and springing off the gurney in a brilliant display of agiity. As he makes his leap, he angles for the creature's eye and misses - the creature has no eyes. Instead the knife punches through its skull and out the back. Its steel pipe clatters to the ground loudly and it falls.

John

Rooting around in the cabinet, John finds a nice yellow custodian's uniform, with multiple belt loops and pockets. He shrugs into it and searches for more useful items.

Sweeping some material off the top shelf, John finds one of the Janitor's walkie-talkies.

SamBurke
2011-04-12, 02:14 AM
Phoenix leaps on it, stabbing into its stomach and slicing laterally, allowing his momentum from leaping to do most of the work. Following that, he continues jumping in the same direction as the knife cut to disengage himself from the thing and its partner.

"I'm not stupid. Just quiet."

Vonwalt
2011-04-12, 02:16 AM
"Bozhemoi! We should get out of here, right now. Doctor, lead the way." Ivan starts toward the door, pistol held out and slightly down.

Airanath
2011-04-12, 02:59 AM
John turns on the walkie-talkie, consdering carefully if he should just listen to possible calls or actually check if any non-enemies are around.
(rolling 1d2, for the sake of random choice =p, 1 means just listen, 2 means call)
[roll0]
After thinking for a moment, John decides to just listen, to better access possible pursuit by the crazy doctors and guards, and heads for the exit.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-13, 02:51 AM
John

John presses the listen button on the walkie-talkie and hears a distinct static noise. He coaxes the little device into working and listens intently.

"-there's anyone else out there please respond, we are taking heavy losses and we're out of contact with squad three, please respond. Creatures are pressing in from the north and rapidly infecting personnel. Humbly request to find and shoot the son of a bitch that let these creatures through the defenses, over."

Silly biologicals.

Phoenix

Phoenix continues to stab the **** out of the fallen twisted creature, getting its black blood all over his clothes and knife, muttering resentfully about how he's quiet, not stupid.

There is an odd smell. His knife begins to writhe and reshape itself. His clothes, too, are reacting oddly to the blood.

Ivan

Ivan cautiously moves towards the door and inspects the hall before stepping into out after the Doctor and his companion. To the north is a clearly delineated arrow marking out the route to the medical facility's main lobby. To the south is an arrow marking out the bathroom and further med bay facilities and quarantine rooms. There is a long black smear along the floor that looks like it was caused by a large creature, that leads from the south to the door Ivan has just exited.

The young woman picks up the steel pipe dropped by the big creature and gives it a swing. It looks like it would make for a decent weapon.

----

Michelle

There's really nothing better than the smell of something burning, except possibly the smell of something that you yourself set on fire.

Michelle makes her way into one of the access tunnels into Lyon Military Base, pacing through the dusty corridor without too much trouble. The mutants were acting up down in the city again, but it was nothing too bad.

This job was one of the weirder ones. Michelle had been commissioned by the Fraternity of Ild, another one of those weird cult groups that had been springing up lately all around Erde, to bust some prisoners and patients out of Lyon Base. The only defining characteristic of these prisoners is that they, like Michelle and most of the members of the Fraternity, were immune to the effects of the Black Rain that had lately been plaguing the city. According to the Fraternity, this meant that they had been chosen by Ild as his favored children.

The key was getting into a military base that is currently under siege by a host of hostile mutants and busting out everyone capable of walking, so that payday would be all the sweeter.

Hence, the underground access tunnels.

Darren

Darren wakes in a padded room, immediately feeling that something is different. When he gets to his feet, he realizes that it is because the psychic dampeners on the cell they had put him in were deactivated - he could feel the freedom in his mind's eye.

And the guard they had posted outside his cell was long gone.

Perhaps the other prisoners had escaped too, the ones the military had held for being dangerous or powerful or psychotic. Who knows.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-13, 02:57 AM
"Great. I'll have to deal with Psychotics as well as guards. And what's the bet the stupid rain comes down again."
Darren walks out of the cell, to an observer he would look unaware of his surroundings but his mind was casting about, seeking Organic matter.
He walked calmly through the corridors, not looking around physically.

Zealumieo
2011-04-13, 09:55 AM
Like most other still coherent people, Michelle blamed the rain as the fallout from some form of research in the technological arms war. Which brought the majority of the resentfulness on, surprise, the military. Their reaction to the rain was pitiful, not that she could blame 'em... There was a certain allure to sitting at home watching all the problems blow over (or in her case blow away).

Luckily, this time she had a chance to see it in person. But she only had time enough for a short appreciation, Tic Tock- she was on a short time schedule.

"You know, if the military wasn't staying in their hidey holes practical problems like myself plus the twistees wouldn't be so effective." Not that she had expected them to make their way in so adamantly. Maybe the people they once were still felt angry at the military too. She'd be itching for a shot at a place like this, strange patrons or not- even a glimpse of the blueprints of this base made her gears whirl. Structural weaknesses here, electrical wiring left underpowered there, areas blocked off, metal being melted away...

"Okay, gear check." Her mouth moved before her mind fully switched thoughts. Michelle had tried to choose the outfit that made the most sense for this job. She didn't want to scare everyone off, nor did she want to attract the attention of guards, this place was large enough-

EDIT: she's planning to go in a spiral around the facility. Get the people in the lowest security out first... then go deeper to release the higher security ones later. Common sense that the ones deepest in are probably the most dangerous.Get less escapees out of the place if the crazy ones went after the other escapees.

((Uhm... I'm not going to list what gear she has because everyone else has pretty much started with almost nothing.))

Airanath
2011-04-13, 10:30 AM
John heads for the door with the "EXIT" Sign, redoubling attention, in case more mutants come. Ocasionaly, checking the status reports from the walkie-talkie and trying to access where in the base he is, after all, all he would need is those armed lunatics shooting at him too.

Vonwalt
2011-04-13, 12:22 PM
Ivan heads north, towards the lobby, gun still held at the ready in case any more mutated things present themselves.

SamBurke
2011-04-13, 01:00 PM
"**** it, the punk..." Phoenix kicks the monster, makes a quick stab through the forehead on the unconcious one and runs towards the others, clicking back through his memory to figure out what had happened.

He scans the corridors ahead of him, listening, watching, feeling.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-15, 01:05 AM
Darren

Darren attempts to use his considerable psychic talents to scan for the life forces of others present. He stretches out a single tendril of his mind, and...

*POP*

There's a massive burst of what sounds like static and hideous screaming. Darren's head snaps to one side in pain.

Are the dampeners up? It's unlikely, but that had to have been caused by more than just a reaching out poorly.

John

John tramps down the corridor and gives the door a push. Unlike the others, it creaks open with an ease that is quite disturbing. Might be the large quantities of black blood that are covering one side.

There is a corpse in full uniform just past the door, and John can see a dimly lit elevator lobby. It seems to be the emergency lights keeping things from being pitch black. The elevators might not be working.

A clearly marked sign indicates that this is the central area of the building's holding facilities. Through a series of computer doors near the elevator is the way to the powered prisoners area.

Behind you are the now dimly lit maintenance and ventilation rooms.

Michelle

Michelle checks her gear. The bomb that blew out half Base Lyon's power systems was a big weight that now no longer bugs her.

Besides those things, she is carrying a Multigun and several clips. Armor would have made it a lot harder to get in and out stealthily (although in retrospect, blowing things up is the opposite of "stealthy").

The schematics she was given by the Cult of Ild indicated that two good ways into the base where their precious Chosen were held started here - one way through the maintenance tunnel and into the holding facilities, and one way around that to the medical facilities. She was told that the holding facilities are likely to have a light guard, but nothing too advanced. Not to mention any creatures that might be roaming around.

Phoenix, Ivan, NPCs

Ivan takes point, heading out cautiously towards the indicated lobby sign. The young woman, Scout Quen, and Doc Waldorf follow him as quickly as possible.

Phoenix scampers up beside them, an ear to one wall, but hears nothing. It's likely that there won't be anything coming up any time soon.

Vonwalt
2011-04-15, 02:12 AM
Ivan continues northward, into the darkened lobby. He motions to those behind him to be quiet, and keeps his gun ready for any sign of trouble.
If something appears, he fires a warning shot past its head/head-analogue. On edge? Little bit.

Zealumieo
2011-04-15, 02:27 AM
"Aww by Vulcan's ass branding poker." Well the sudden realization that she was lacking armor in a place filled with guns was peeving to say the least. That narrowed her preferred two routes to just one.

Holding cells it was. A slight change to plans but hopefully no one held there was volatile enough to start killing other people on purpose or by accident.

She had to laugh at that line of thought. HA. Who was she kidding, herself? Mitch dug into a pocket and pulled a cigarette. Her hand moving back after the light to brush against the hidden holster that held her loaded gun.

Already mentally restressing the time, Michelle jogged down the access tunnels. She payed attention to what was infront or above her... Generally the infiltration work was completed by someone else. But a bit of personal involvement tended to rekindle the flames.

She was set to just plant a bullet I'm any twistee in her way... it was the personnel here she'd have to be careful about.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-15, 02:38 AM
"Ow." was all Darren said at the mental torture.
Mentally shaking it off he continued down the past more holding cells.
He sends out the tendril, gingerly this time, ready to pull it back at the slightest hint of an attack.

Airanath
2011-04-15, 05:30 AM
Regardless of evidence, John heads for the elevator, to check it up, maybe there is a way to jury-rig it into the emergency energy, as to make it work for some time.
"Heya buddy, you look kinda hungry, haven't they been feeding ya properly? Let's see what we can do 'bout it, shall we?"

SamBurke
2011-04-16, 07:17 AM
Phoenix keeps running down the corridor, ready to stab the first twisted thing that appears. He glances everywhere, even the ceilings.

If it's a normal person, he stays at the back of the group and keeps watching.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-16, 03:05 PM
John

John sends a tiny pulse of energy from his arm into the elevator's power console. The great machine stirs slightly, whirring, and makes a noise like a grumbling stomach.

It's definitely hungry.

However to give it enough juice for this one elevator to start moving of its own accord would be rather risky.

Michelle

The sound of Michelle's footsteps echoes off the walls of the tunnels as she jogs down the tunnel. Turns out concrete's not exactly a noise-absorbing material.

Ignoring the racket, she pushes forward and makes her way to a red door. The red door is marked "holding facility maintenance 2", and appears to be locked.

Darren

Darren moves on ahead, making his way to the door at the end of the hallway. He attempts another mental probe and only gets another burst of static, but no hideous psychic squeal this time.

Cursing, he shoves the door open... and finds himself facing an intact forcecage, blocking the exit and a guard with body armor and a shock baton. The guard brings his weapon up at the ready position. "Get back, you son of a bitch!" he cries.

Ivan, Phoenix, NPCs

As Phoenix paces into the lobby, head canted to one side and a hand on his knife, he becomes aware of an unsettling presence in the area.

Ivan and the others come up behind him. The presence intensifies to a veritable stench. "Good god," say Scout. "What is that?"

She gets her answer when a rumbling growl announces the presence of a creature in the shadows.

The sound of claws on tile reaches them.

What the hell is this thing.

SamBurke
2011-04-16, 03:09 PM
Phoenix slips to the front, spinning his knife twice and cracking his neck in anticipation. "It is a good day to die."

He grins, glancing down the hallway and checking twice. Two perception checks, please!

"Good day for them, then." He attacks the largest thing that comes around the corner if it's a monster, slides to the back if it isn't.

Zealumieo
2011-04-16, 04:14 PM
Clack Clack Clack clack clack clack...

Mitch didn't mind the echoing footsteps she was producing. Atleast it told her she'd hear jogging military from a mile away. At the dead end of a door Mitch rolled her eyes. She jiggled the door once again to double check the handle, "Be happy I don't have the tools to blow you to Switzerland." she said coldly to the barrier. Pulling off her gloves one after the other, she struck her fingertips together- almost in a snapping motion. She never had the patience for lockpicking, however either removing the hinges from doors or digging out the keyholes/knobs seemed to effectively do what she wanted anyways. In a prefect world she'd reduce all doors that were in her way into ash, but for this one just maiming, melting, or possibly burning away at its weak spot would have to do.

Not like this place is going to have many open doors anyways. Whichever ones easier, melting the hinges or the knobs.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-16, 06:56 PM
"Please! I don't want to hurt you!" Darren's voice raised out of it's usual near-whisper. He took a step towards the guard, his hands outstretched to show he was unarmed.
As he stepped though, he changed. His black suit draining it's colour into the handkerchief and tie. In the tiny amount of time it took to take a single step, Darren had changed.
"But I do!" He pushed his hands towards the guard, merely for show it didn't need to use motion but it helped focus him.

Everyone: Meet Angry-Darren:smalltongue:
Telekinetic Thrust, he wants to throw the guard into the forcecage. Hard.

Airanath
2011-04-16, 07:50 PM
"I am gonna see if I can get you some food, its inhuman to not feed someone like this"
John heads back to the generator room, to see if he can reroute power from the lights in other parts of the base to the elevator.
Sorry guys, hungry elevators first. >=D

Vonwalt
2011-04-17, 01:41 AM
"Vot the hell is that?" Ivan says, and proceeds to shoot whatever he sees round the corner.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 08:07 PM
John

John returns to the ventilation room, where he remembers stands a large generator. Perhaps more flirtation is in order.

Michelle

Michelle's attentions reduce the hard metal of the door to a readily sinking mess of acrid sludge. She steps through the door, finding herself in a large room filled with a rather nasty mess. It looks like a minor war was fought in here.

She counts four corpses of people in janitor uniforms, two corpses of people in military attire, and one huge clawed creature.

Ivan, Phoenix, NPCs vs. Huge Thing

Ivan reacts in a heartbeat, his military training forcing him to shoot before he is consciously aware of it. The shot pings off behind the hulking shadow as it ducks.

Phoenix darts up and aims a vicious slash at the creature and misses neatly as it springs aside and darts at Scout, claws outstretched. Something that big should not be moving that fast.

It misses cleanly with a strike that would have taken her leg off if it had hit, allowing her to snap off a hasty counter shot. The electrical bolt arces off wildly and pings off a wall, missing the creature.

"Shoot it, shoot it!" shouts WAldorf from the corner.

Darren vs. Guard

Darren reaches out, pulsing with unnatural power, and tries a telekinetic shove to hurl the guard back into the forcecage, but the guard braces himself against the wave and only staggers a few steps. Perhaps the wildly fluctuating frequencies in this place have tampered with Darren's abilities, or the guard's training has prepared him for telekinetic assailants.

The guard steps and swings heavily with his baton, but the weapon misses Darren neatly and sparks off the ground.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 08:14 PM
"Honestly. It's a guard attacking. I hate you sometimes." He seems to be talking to himself as he moves to avoid the blows.
"Get away from me. I haven't done anything to you that you didn't deserve."
The guard is once more battered with Psionic force, but simply to delay as Darren moves back a pace and tries crushing the stupid guard.

Basically I want to hold him in place, no movement forward then use BodyCrush. This will keep him away from squishy Darren and hopefully disable him.

Airanath
2011-04-18, 08:28 PM
"Hello again beutiful, I came back to ask for a tiny little favor. You see, I have a buddy who is kinda out of food, those monsters haven't been giving him any juice, think you can leave the monsters in the dark and help me get the food to said friend? I would owe you one, you can call on it whenever, actually, make it two, since I still haven't done anything as thanks for the door yet."
John also describes which sector of the base has the elevator.
Oh well, guess no push him into the lightning fiel Dragon =(

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 09:27 PM
'Disgusting.' Gloves back on again, She had half a mind to take them off and set everything on fire. But like any form of carnage, there was a history behind it.

Checking to see who killed what and how they did it, Michelle took as long of a search over as her nose could stand. The lasting smoke from her cig was helping, but it'd only work up to a point. Pulling out her gun, she used it as an extension of her body for things like flipping the bodies or moving arms- but she used her other hand for unbuttoning and whatnot. Consequently, on both the military and the two janitors she checked for keys specifically. In the case of metal keys, it'd give her a reason to not melt down every door she came across. And for the possible key card, who knows? Maybe the architect who built the place was smart enough to have a hidden backup generator.

Mitch didn't care that much for the black sludge, unless she had to pass through it- it was a material she liked to keep off her body. The rain crapped out all precision gear... people too. Michelle liked to keep those to things reacting normally.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:01 PM
Darren vs. Guardfight

Darren does his level best to get a grip on the Guard. Despite the immense power now pulsing through him the guard evades his psychic grasp and flicks the shock baton out at his face again.

The arcing wave almost creases Darren's cheek, leaving behind a faint tingling sensation.

"Come on, you schizophrenic little ****, the guard mutters. "COME ON!"

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:06 PM
Mitch

Michelle's investigations reveal hideous clawing and gnawing on all the bodies concerned. The creature in the room looks to have been shot to death. Either it killed all of the people in the room before it succumbed to its wounds, or someone survived the encounter.

Either way, it looks like the military suits have got some small arms on them, while a search of the janitors reveals a general purpose maintenance keycard on one of them.

A red access keycard is in the breast pocket of one of the dead military men.

John

As John murmurs gently to the generator, the machine redirects power from the ventilation. John hears the passage of current through circuits in the walls almost as keenly as if they made an actual sound.

The sound of the elevator starting up, which he hears from all this distance away is equally welcome. That thing is loud though.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 10:06 PM
"Schizophrenic? Really? You actually...? Ahahahahahahahahahaha!"
Cue another wave of power into the guard. Eventually he has to give.

Going for another into the forcecage

Airanath
2011-04-18, 10:11 PM
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
Going for another into the forcecage
Glad I didn't turn of the lights like I wanted =D
"Thanks again beuty"
John gives the machine a light kiss somewhere he won't be fried by the electricity, and heads for the elevator. Hoping he makes it there before any of his "friends", as in guards, psychos, or freaks.

Which, of course, means I'll fight for or into the elavator, if the later, possiblry in a death space sequence where they keep coming untill the machine stops.
And as the law of narrative causality states, since I called it, it will have to happen sometime, to someone, soon.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:15 PM
Darren Vs. Guardfight

Darren hurls another wave of power into the guard, smacking him square in the upper torso! The kinetic attack hits the guard in the breastbone, knocking some of the wind out of him and sending him staggering back!

Roll to Dodge! [roll0]

The guard staggers back into the cage, smacking his head on the seemingly solid surface and preventing him form launching an attack at Darren for now.

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 10:18 PM
By logic, she knew the large claw monster didn't come with buddies. They would've stayed and eaten the rest of the remains. So, there was someone who walked away from this. Relieving for sure. But still, she felt mildly jilted- this place apparently wasn't sealed all that well.

Grabbing and partially cleaning the extra guns, ammo, and cards- Michelle decided it would be a good idea to help arm whoever she was trying to rescue. She was glad to just get out of the area. The thought that she'd probably have to fight now just hit her. No time to worry about accidentally setting furniture on fire here. So after the dirty deeds were done, she took them off for the future.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:18 PM
John

John rushes back to the elevator, certain that the loud noise has attracted more of those who tried to separate him and his beloved arm. There is nothing of the sort, however, only the pleasant hum of a running elevator.

From a distance he hears what sounds like a human torso smacking into a field of force. It sounds like it is coming from the holding area.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:24 PM
Mitch

Michelle immediately grabs the useful items she sees, stuffing the keycards into her pockets and clipping what looks like an officer's shortsword to her belt. She retrieves a pistol and electrogun from the others and puts one in her satchel, holding the electrogun in her left hand.

It might be a bit hard to fire both the multigun and electrogun accurately at the same time, but she can manage... assuming she doesn't accidentally melt the electrogun.

Airanath
2011-04-18, 10:27 PM
John heads for the forcefield, hoping to help it against whatever might be hitting against it. Hopefully its just one of those creatures and he can try to turn the field into a not so harmless wall to kill it. Maybe even befriend the generator and try to take him out of this place. Which reminds him, he needs to find a way to restore the base sometime, to protect Anne, the generator that powers the ventilation vents.

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 10:29 PM
Choosing between her weapons, Michelle actually still stuck to her own. She wanted one hand open for people who came too close. Looking down the hall, Mitch once again jogged towards the holding facilities.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 10:30 PM
OOC: Is the Forcecage made of Matter or Energy? I'm gonna go with Matter but will edit if not.

The cage come to life around the Guard, wrapping him in it. He is trapped in the cage, though it is slightly less dense from the stretching.

Telekinesis Skill check to manipulate the Matter around the Guard.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:38 PM
Mitch

Casting around for a door that would lead deeper into the base, Michelle shoves the electrogun into her satchel, leaving one hand free... just in case. There's always the chance that the weapons will go off on their own, so tightly packed in there, but hell, that's what safeties are for.

She notices the door in the far wall. It's barely open; whoever walked away from this fight walked away through there.

John

John heads towards the powered holding facilities, his footsteps clomping as he makes his steady way in that direction.

He steps on something softer than the tile. There is a woman facedown on the floor in front of him, in military uniform.

Darren

Darren makes a gesture, and reality shifts. The forcecage, previously barring exit or entry, wraps its brightly glowing bands around the guard's body. It'd take concentration of a greater force to do anything significant, since the forcecage as a kinetic effect would immediately snap back if Darren released his attentions.

Vonwalt
2011-04-18, 10:40 PM
Ivan curses, and fires again whilst slowly backing away from the creature.

Airanath
2011-04-18, 10:41 PM
John checks on the woman, looking for any wounds that might indicate threat ahead, and maybe a backup weapon, or keycards, keys, passwords, whatever can make his way out easier when he goes back to it.
If the woman is alive, but uncouncious, he leaves her as is, but still takes what he needs, she won't be a threat unarmed.

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 10:45 PM
Upon noticing the open door, her first reaction was to lift a gun towards the general area in a jerking motion. Noticing that no one was with her she lowered it slightly.

Nearing the door, she nudged it open slowly gun still out... possibly bracing for something to come at her. Even though a human killed the clawed creature, it might no be so human anymore. "Hello? I'm trying to help people get out of this place. Anyone in there?" To be honest, phrased in that way- her intentions didn't seem so sinister to the general public.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:45 PM
John

John stoops over the woman. She appears to have ceased breathing, but who can tell, right? Silly organics.

He flips her over. She's definitely dead, and her lower jaw is missing. John notices nothing wrong, although the blood on the front of her military tunic isn't all red.

He checks her pockets. Nothing. Her strangely elongated wrist bears a nice watch, though.

Michelle

Michelle peers through the doorway, ever cautious of attack.

Nothing.

There's a narrow corridor on the other side of the door, with what appear to be closets on either side and a security door that would have been locked shut if it weren't for whoever had passed through here. That door is open and leads elsewhere.

Airanath
2011-04-18, 10:49 PM
Take the watch, and go back to my business with the forcefield.
Nothing odd here, nothing at all, she must have kissed the wrong guy, probably.
Disgusting, really. Machines are much cleaner, and don't bite you like that. Unless you are dumb and put your hand into a meat grinder, or turned on motor, or any other kind ot fast spining, bladed or not, aparatus. You could also get crushed, but who is so retarded as to walk into a compressor?
John keeps going, thinking about the superiority of machines, oblivious to all else.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 10:52 PM
John

John slips the watch off the woman's wrist, having liberated another machine from the clutches of the biologicals.

As he walks away, he hears a whisper. It sounds like it is coming from the watch. It's faint, but he can hear it if he strains.

The watch is saying "TURN AROUND".

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 10:52 PM
"Now you aren't fi- oh crap. You aren't fighting me that means. NO! Please!"
The White suit darkens back to Black and from nowhere come a pair of glasses.
"No bodies, no blood, must be losing touch. Right, now we have a chance to talk. I am Darren and I do NOT like being attacked. I will release you but next time you attack, well the chances of you surviving a second time are about the same as surviving a swim through Magma. So I will let you go and let you keep your weapon with no hard feelings and no broken bones if you promise to NEVER attack me again. Got it?"
The bonds around the Guard recede.

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 10:55 PM
'Well that was better then getting horribly stabbed or shot at.' Last thing she wanted was to be shot by some jumpy civilian. Embarrassing

Looking at the closets, she humored a thought. Knocking on the doors for a moment, if there wasn't any response she just moved on to the opened door.

Still holding out her gun in hand, she approached the next door with a bit less caution. Opting out of the whole sentence bit this time.

Airanath
2011-04-18, 10:57 PM
If we are posting too much, feel free to wait a bit on updates Sarco, its just that this is fun =D

Knowing best than to ignore warning from a friend, John quickly turns, scaning the area for any threat.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 11:03 PM
Darren

The guard stares up at Darren from his place on the ground. "Yeah. Yeah, okay. I think we can do that," he says. He is visibly shaken: he knows Darren could have killed him easily when he was helpless.

Shucking his baton, the guard gets to his feet. "No funny moves?" he asks. "I'd much prefer it if-"

A hideous screech cuts him off! It sounds like it came from past where the now regenerated forcecage is.

Mitch

Michelle advances confidently on the next door, having checked the closets and found them empty except for a little janitorial gear. The next door is open slightly as well, and this one has a smear of a little blood on it. It looks like whoever this is didn't get out as cleanly as could be hoped.

John

John turns at the watch's advice.

There is a thing standing behind him. It's the biological woman who'd had her lower jaw torn off.

The hideously elongated arms he'd failed to notice earlier have two long claws attached to them that he also failed to notice.

There is a fire in her eyes that is hardly proper. She screams somehow despite missing her tongue and advances on John!

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 11:09 PM
"And that would be the mental screams I heard. Excellent."
Darren waves the Guard to him.
"Why would there be funny business? I could have killed you earlier. The reason I spared your life is because of the Psionic Talent I sensed in you, you tapped into it when you resisted my attacks. With my help, and a little luck, I can turn you into a proper Psion with mental powers that can affect reality."

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 11:10 PM
Getting the sense that the monster killer had seriously cleared the way for her already, Michelle hustled on. Still on partially opened or closed doors she made sure to take a 3 second ritual for each on the door nudging. 'don't look back, don't slow down...' In darker rooms, she used her free hand like a candle- it was rather easy to just keep a small flame up.

((Does she have a flashlight? Not that she's using it right now))

Airanath
2011-04-18, 11:11 PM
Darren
John

John turns at the watch's advice.

There is a thing standing behind him. It's the biological woman who'd had her lower jaw torn off.

The hideously elongated arms he'd failed to notice earlier have two long claws attached to them that he also failed to notice.

There is a fire in her eyes that is hardly proper. She screams somehow despite missing her tongue and advances on John!
Ah, the Dead Space reference <3 Thanks for this, made my day even more =D
I won't give him back! You mistreated the poor guy, got him all bloody and didn't even set the hour right!
John assumes what he believes is a combat pose, the closest thing he knows from that coming from some bizare japanese TV show where people fought monsters in colored costumes and did impossible acrobatics. The monster also always grew in the middle of the episode.
Seeing the manuever was effective once, he tries to remove the creature head.
Called shot to the head.
Of course, seeing this is the Dead Space moment, it won't die, but gore = fun, right?

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 11:31 PM
Darren

The guard stares at him slightly mistrustfully. "Okay. Fine. Whatever. Name's Steve."

He turns. "What was that scream? It sounded like the Captain. Except monumentally pissed."

Steve turns to head towards the source of the scream.

Mitch

Heading through the next door, Michelle finds herself in an elevator room. Around the central elevator core she can see an open door clearly marked "Holding Facilities" and off to the other side is another maintenance entrance that looks to lead to another generator/ventilation room.

Thinking back on the blueprints the cultists showed her, she recalls that the dangerous or insane subjects were kept in the holding facilities, as well as those who were naturally immune to the Rain's influence.

The elevator is humming pleasantly. There is one other door in this room.

John

John stuffs his new friend in one of his pockets and lets loose with a heavy blow! His techno-arm comes around in a massive arc!

The disfigured woman darts in and rakes John in the abdomen, drawing blood and leaving a huge rent in his clothes!

John's punch completes its swing and... bounces off the disfigured woman's forehead, leaving a light bruise.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-18, 11:40 PM
"Captain? Let's go and tell me everything about this place starting with him."

Airanath
2011-04-18, 11:41 PM
"Blood hell, this hurts you mother darner!"
John winces at the pain and blood, but he know he must kill the thing before resting. Deciding he clearly does not want to fight this thing fair, he aims for its legs, trying to drop it on the ground. If successful, the jumps and smashes the head.
Something like a trip attack + hulk smash its face

Zealumieo
2011-04-18, 11:43 PM
For a moment Michelle marveled at the fact the elevator was up and running. Maybe mechanics made it to this area, rigged up the generators in the ventilation in the next room and got this thing going again. Could've sworn the thing would be unusable by now. Shame their hard work was probably rewarded by death.

Well given the option to go somewhere that was evidently safer was tempting... but she was here now- and why ditch out when you're just going to come back? 'Maybe I could just shuttle the more insane and less useful ones out and just add them to the 'helped escaped list'. Wonder how loose the military's definition of insane is nowadays.' Moving on, she hopped into the next room.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-18, 11:50 PM
Darren

"Him?" says Steve. "Try 'her'. She told me to go back here and check on the prisoners about half an hour ago, and I've been camping out here behind the forcecage generator waiting for her ever since. Never got anything on the walkie talkie, either. Wasn't expecting a crazy psychic to come up from behind, though."

He deactivates the cage and picks up the generator. It is a small device and fits neatly in his pocket.

Steve and Darren make their way towards the origin of the scream, to find a disfigured woman dueling with a cybernetically modifed geek-man!

The guard takes a look at the woman and curses. "Guess they got her, too." He unshucks his baton and makes his way to the battling pair.

John

The disfigured woman sweeps at John's head, attempting to rip his head clean off his shoulders, but John sees the attack coming and ducks, hammering at the woman's feet. He misses and pounds a crack into the ground.

Mitch

Gun and hand up, Michelle circles the elevator and moves towards the holding facilities. She hears the sound of screams and metal on tile as she moves.

Rounding the corner, she finds herself face-to-face with a disfigured woman and a man with a metal arm. The woman screams at her, leaving slobber all over the place.

A man in a tactical vest rounds the corner from the other side and levels his baton at the creature.

Airanath
2011-04-18, 11:57 PM
Noticing the humming of the forcefield gone, and the hum of the shock baton aproaching, John knows he has more company.
"Great, more trouble for all that is worth, darn of harlot, I gotta go I guess.

Guards = Bad, even if aparently helping, he might just be waiting to pick whoever is up after the fight.

John positions himself, so the creature is between him and the guard, shoving the creature at the guard.

Ha! Tought you could take me once I was weaker? You can dance with her, I'll take my leave.

Zealumieo
2011-04-19, 12:00 AM
"SH-!" Michelle wasn't expecting to be right up next to anything when she opened the door. Too effing close. If almost by uncanny reflex, her open hand snapped aflame at the creature. In a way it was her body's own way of telling it to back off.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-19, 12:03 AM
In the instant the guard charged, Darren changed.
"That was fast, this world is getting more dangerous. Now as for the woman."
Her neck would feel pressure as he exerted his will.

Called Shot to the head using BodyCrush

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-19, 12:22 AM
ULTIMATE BATTLE OF LEGENDARY DESTINY

The woman-creature screams again at all this sudden interference and swipes at the largest thing near it: John's arm. Her claws miss without any chance of scratching John's precious friend.

Michelle rears back, surprised at the appearance of the hideous thing and flings a hand up, sparking flame into life. The tactile pyrokinesis scorches the ground near where the creature is standing and sets a patch of floor alight.

John disengages from the woman successfully and leaps around behind it. He plants his foot in its back and shoves it towards the new appearance, the guard.

The guard brings his baton up for a vicious swing at the creature's head, muttering something about "the time you promoted Evans instead of me" but misses neatly.

Darren sends out a telekinetic pulse of tremendous power, aiming for the woman-creature's neck. The pulse is misdirected, however, and blows a chunk out of the wall.

Airanath
2011-04-19, 12:27 AM
Seeing the fire sprouting out of nowhere, and the wall breaking apart, John knows for sure they are trying to attack him.
Holy dang, you guys are using killing force on civilians, that does it, I am out.
He disengages from combat, and runs to his friend(the elevator), hoping they can escape this madness.

DragonOfUndeath
2011-04-19, 12:30 AM
"This against the mutant you idiot." He screams after him, sending another Psychic bolt into the being.

No Called shots this time *grumble*

Zealumieo
2011-04-19, 12:34 AM
The strong arm push on the monster across the room was less startling, but atleast the disfigured thing was away from her. One thing was off though, the wall got blasted- joy... superpower encounters await. "You alright?" Michelle was asking to damaged wimpframe- not exactly catching his arm in her Peripheral but smelling the blood on him. She took the shove to be some sort of lucky coincidence.

Steady again, she unloaded bullets at the aggressive creature.

SamBurke
2011-04-19, 09:42 PM
Phoenix jumps on the thing, knife in hand, and stabs. Does any more need to be said?

"DIE."