PDA

View Full Version : Dying - alignment/deity question

Kalim
2011-04-05, 01:02 AM
Hello Playground!

So, I was looking at Fiendish Codex II and it got me to thinking: What if your character worships a deity, but their alignment doesn't match it strictly?

Would a Lawful Evil worshiper of Wee Jas get sent to the Nine Hells, or would he go to Acheron when he dies? Would a Neutral Good worshiper of Obad-Hai go to Elysium, or the Outlands?

Volos
2011-04-05, 04:31 AM
In general if you follow the dogma of your diety, you go to their realm when you die unless otherwise notifed/interfered with/suddenly destroyed.

hamishspence
2011-04-05, 04:40 AM
I believe Complete Divine said that devoted worshippers of a deity are an exception to the general rule that you go to the realm that matches your alignment.

Kalim
2011-04-05, 11:47 AM
Hmm, thanks for the imput. It's definitely very interesting, and it's a little nice to think my Dread Necromancer might not burn in the eternal agony of hellfire if he dies!

MarkusWolfe
2011-04-05, 11:49 AM
Acheron is a Lawful Lawful Evil plane. If he's more lawful than he is evil, he might've been going there anyways.

Kalim
2011-04-05, 11:58 AM
Acheron is a Lawful Lawful Evil plane. If he's more lawful than he is evil, he might've been going there anyways.

He's not quite evil yet, but he's casting a lot of Evil spells and will eventually be a Lich, which makes him Evil by default. I try to play him as more Lawful, though, since he's the only really alignment ambiguous member of the party.

The Lich thing makes it much less likely he'll actually die (The Half-Celestial cleric of Pelor is more likely to kill him than the baddies at that point), but I was interested in what would happen in the case he couldn't evade or defeat her in the epilogue. :smalltongue: