PDA

View Full Version : Penetrating fire immunity.

Goonthegoof
2011-04-05, 06:34 AM
Say you had a bunch of SLAs that did fire damage- is there a way to ignore fire immunity or turn it into a different type of damage?

Eldan
2011-04-05, 06:35 AM
I can't think of anything for SLAs, really. The closest is probably begging your DM to convert Searing Spell to a Meta-SLA feat, like Quicken SLA or Maximize SLA.

Feytalist
2011-04-05, 07:44 AM
Isn't there something in the Fiend Folio about hellfire? Converts half of all fire damage into non-resistable infernal energy or some such effect. I'm not quite sure how it works with SLA's though.

Skaven
2011-04-05, 09:37 AM
Houserule the energy substitution feat?

From a lore perspective I always found things like searing spell very silly personally, burning fire elementals just feels very silly and gamey from an in character perspective.

Cog
2011-04-05, 12:09 PM
Houserule the energy substitution feat?

From a lore perspective I always found things like searing spell very silly personally, burning fire elementals just feels very silly and gamey from an in character perspective.
I just think of it as being like when living creatures spend too long on the Positive Energy plane. It's not so much that they're being hurt by the fire as that they're experiencing an overload of their basic component.

Darrin
2011-04-05, 07:11 PM
Say you had a bunch of SLAs that did fire damage- is there a way to ignore fire immunity or turn it into a different type of damage?

If some of those SLAs are Eldritch Blasts, then Gauntlets of Eldritch Energy (5000 GP, MIC p. 102) lets you switch the energy type.