PDA

View Full Version : Preemptive Shopping list

Matamane
2011-04-05, 09:17 AM
So my DM just gave each member of the party 1.5+ million in gp, and before we find out what horrible thing he will do to us as a result, I want to make a shopping list. Any ideas.

I'm a NE Bard who is also undead, working off of fear effects. Just so you know

IM@work
2011-04-05, 09:22 AM
What level are you? What role do you play in the party (bard can do lots)?
What do you already have?
What is banned? Can you buy castles? How about mounts? Armies?
What are your goals?

Matamane
2011-04-05, 09:25 AM
I could have sworn I posted this in the right forum. Blast...

I'm the buff/debuff player
We have pretty much nothing, and whatever we do have would pale in comparison to what we can buy. The DM doesn't like armies or copious minions, but mounts are cool. We're pretty mobile, so castles are most likely out.

Zaranthan
2011-04-05, 10:15 AM
Donkeys. 187,500 donkeys. Then go out and scour the world.

IM@work
2011-04-05, 10:24 AM
My first thought was to simply ruin a local economy... Take that DM!!!

RaginChangeling
2011-04-05, 12:33 PM
Buy the usually stat boosters to taste, +4 or 5 tome of Charisma and +6 Cloak. Some wands, especially wands of Cure Light Wounds(or in your case inflict light wounds) which give the most bang for your buck out of combat. If you're sneaky at all, a permanent collar of Umbral Metamorphosis will run you 22,000 and give you the Dark Template which gives hide in plain sight and a speed boost.

You could also give yourself a ton of grafts, Feathered Wings only cost 10,000 and give you a fly speed double your land speed. You can get wight arms and dragon hearts and all sorts of fun stuff.

Oh and buy some really fun miscellaneous items, anything thats stupidly over-expensive that you've always sort of wanted but could never justify. Like all that bard equipment that boosts your inspire courage.

Gavinfoxx
2011-04-06, 10:46 AM
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11066.0