PDA

View Full Version : Tinker gnomes (I need help making a playable tinker class for spelljammer)

EvilJames
2011-04-05, 12:04 PM
My current Planescape campaign is coming to an end and we are going to start up a Spelljammer campaign. For the most part we have everything we need. However one of the players would like to play a tinker gnome. I lke the idea of the Tinker class but the rules presented in the Dragonlance rules aren't really intended for PC's (it's listed alongside the Dragonlance commoner class and has no abilities to speak of). So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to make it a playable class, also any ideas on gnomish devices (or where to find published ones) would be helpful.

I know the Dragonlance monstrous compendium had a slightly different tinker class but it still didn't list any abilities.

edit: Seriously? No one has played a tinker here? No one has tried to make a playable by the PC's Tinker class?

Regularguy
2011-07-19, 03:05 PM
If it's not too late -- and it probably is -- I'd recommend basing it on the Gnomish Professor from 2E's Complete Bard's Handbook: he's a treasure-evaluating know-it-all who can (a) experiment with off-beat yet practical engineering projects sure as he can (b) pull his weight on a straight dungeon crawl by relying on Find/Remove Traps -- especially since he can use weapons and armor denied the core Thief, sure as he can supply bonuses to himself and teammates for pretty much anything once he's studied a situation.