PDA

View Full Version : Eerie Cuties

Liriel
2011-04-05, 02:13 PM
http://www.eeriecuties.com/

Figured someone should separate this from M3.

Folks here do flip through to Eerie Cuties, right? :smallbiggrin:

Well, EC is more PG-13 than low end R, but I think the more innocent characters are about to have an Ma3 moment. Specifically, kissing lessons between Brooke Lynn and Layla.

"Your gay sister and you" on EC. HAH!

Domochevsky
2011-04-05, 03:01 PM
Mhm, read it but found it to be kinda... bland. >_>

Oracle_Hunter
2011-04-05, 03:06 PM
Mhm, read it but found it to be kinda... bland. >_>
Aw, I like it's slightly less sexual tone :smallbiggrin:

EC is brain candy, is what it is. Not much substance, but something to chew on when it updates.

slayerx
2011-04-05, 03:45 PM
I enjoy it and find it more entertaining than M3...
I like the characters and I like the jokes. I mean aside from the PG13 rating, its pretty much what i would imagine a comic about a Monster high school to be like. Can't say the same for the magic Chick's spinoff though; that comic is so far suffer from a lack of likable characters.

Trickywiggy
2011-04-05, 11:51 PM
I enjoy it and find it more entertaining than M3...
I like the characters and I like the jokes. I mean aside from the PG13 rating, its pretty much what i would imagine a comic about a Monster high school to be like. Can't say the same for the magic Chick's spinoff though; that comic is so far suffer from a lack of likable characters.

I agree I hate MC, and I hate it more for stealing my Friday EC update

Giggling Ghast
2011-04-07, 11:36 PM
Ah. School for monster hunters. Now the punishment makes sense.

Liriel
2011-04-09, 01:40 AM
Yeah, I was waiting for that to make sense. It hasn't hit for me yet either, but will give MC a chance.

Weimann
2011-04-09, 03:50 AM
I read through the archives at one point but then I promptly forgot about it. I think it's decent, kind of. Ménage à 3 is better, but this one has some edges.

If I can be bothered, I'll try to find where I left off and see what's happened since.

Mordokai
2011-04-09, 04:13 AM
I agree I hate MC, and I hate it more for stealing my Friday EC update

Eh, given a choice between an extra update for EC and MC, I would choose the former ten times out of ten. Still, I find MC amusing enough for now, though nowhere near EC in quality. And with the newest development, things might turn more interesting soon.

As for EC, I friggin love it! :smallbiggrin: Thanks to Oracle up there, I found it out in MA3 thread and I've been having a blast ever since. I can't really put my finger on what I'm enjoying so much. Maybe it's the slightly less perverted tone. The characters are definetly more likeable than the ones in MA3. And I just adore the premise of monster high school. All in all, it's one of my favourite webcomics, up there with Sinfest.

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-22, 04:26 PM
And I just adore the premise of monster high school. .

You should look up Rosario + Vampire. A managa about another monster high school.

but about EC: haha their plan backfired terribly XD

Speedball
2011-04-24, 02:31 AM
Magic Chix's protagonist trio don't even really have personalities; there's nobody for me to grab on to. I do actually like Eerie Cuties, yeah; it's light, but funny, and the art is pretty darn good.

It certainly piled on the Girl's Love a lot more than I thought it would starting out. Not that I'm complaining!

Leecros
2011-04-24, 10:22 AM
I do read EC and i do enjoy the comic, but... I don't know, it's lacking a certain something that prevents me from not looking forward to each update like other webcomics' that i read. I can't quite put my finger on it though. I do read it though at the end of the week or when i have some spare time. Maybe after awhile it'll gain that certain something(whatever it is) and i will. It has the potential...

Liriel
2011-04-25, 01:18 AM
Poor Ace...

Mordokai
2011-05-02, 06:50 AM
This is certainly going into interesting direction... :smallbiggrin:

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-16, 02:32 AM
Wonder what the deal is with that arm.

Oracle_Hunter
2011-05-16, 09:36 AM
Wonder what the deal is with that arm.
Evil Hand (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilHand) :smallcool:

Zaydos
2011-05-19, 07:03 PM
Just finished archive binging it. It was fun.

Surfing HalfOrc
2011-06-06, 09:25 PM
Well, since I was quoted in the first post, I suppose I should jump in this thread as well. :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, I am enjoying the contrast between EC and MC, with MC becoming a bit darker in feel. Looking forward to Layla and her jealousy issues, and the conttasts between the different predators.

Avilan the Grey
2011-07-08, 03:37 PM
Just found this comic the other day (via TVTropes; the other one I also found and read through is Shadow Girls, which I also really liked). I love it, which is odd since I usually can't stand ANYTHING that is even remotely drawn in a Manga style. I am just allergic to that, which means that I don't read too many Webcomics (currently subscribing to Eerie Cuties, Weregeek, Girl Genius, Darths and Droids, Scandinavia and the World and Shadow Girls).

Anyway I saw in the beginning of this thread that a lot of people compared this to M3? To me that is definitely apples and oranges; this is definitely two very different comics and I don't really see a similarity between them.