PDA

View Full Version : Stormheart Push question

Jonny Comp
2011-04-05, 03:08 PM
Hi there, long time stalker of the forums, first time poster.

I'm currently making a Dragonborn Fighter/Warden(Stormheart) and I came across the Stormheart Push feat in Primal Power. The reading is as such:

"Stormheart Push:
When you use Stormheart to slide an enemy, you can push the enemy 2 squares instead of sliding it."

The question I have is when used with Gale Strike's Stormheart addition,

"Stormheart: You also slide each enemy marked by you 1 square"

would I instead push the enemy 2 squares? Does Stormheart Push 'proc' whenever a stormheart linked attack slides an enemy? Is it the Gale Strike that is pushing the enemy or is it the Stormheart addition? I'm guessing the latter but I wanted some confirmation.

(Pushing lets me do some extra damage with Draconic Arrogance)

Also, if anyone knows of other fighter/warden attacks similar to gale strike or Form of Mountain's Thunder that allow me to do damage to "each enemy marked", it would be much appreciated. ^_^

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-05, 05:43 PM
I think it's referring to your Stormheart class feature.

Jonny Comp
2011-04-05, 07:40 PM
Yes, I know that it's referring to my class feature, but it is my class feature that allows me to shift enemies with Gale Strike. If I had a different class feature, say Wildblood, the shifting of enemies wouldn't happen at all.

I guess the main question is: Does "Stormheart Push" apply only to the sliding that happens when doing my second wind or does it apply to whenever Stormheart is the cause of the sliding movement?

Is it technically the attack "Gale Strike" that is causing the sliding or is it a spiff from having Stormheart? If its the latter then I would assume that if the sliding is due to Stormheart it would fulfill the requirements for "Stormheart Push" be in effect.

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-05, 09:43 PM
I understood your question. What I meant was that I think it's only the slide granted by your Stormheart class feature (when you take a second wind), not any slide you get from using another Warden power.