PDA

View Full Version : Korvosa in the Real World? (Pathfinder Campaign Setting and Edge of anarchy help)

EccentricOwl
2011-04-05, 03:20 PM
Hi there! I'm really interested in running "Curse of the Crimson Throne," and I'm a really big fan of Nicholas Logue's writing for all so many reasons. as such, I'm very happy to be planning on starting this monumental 189-hour-long adventure path. :D

However, there are a few things I wanted to clarify first.

First of all, the city of Korvosa and its environs; I was planning on running it in my own homebrew setting very similar to Renaissnce-era Earth. I was curious where you feel that Korvosa and its environs fit into the real world.

I was thinking possibly setting it on the adriatic sea, possibly in Austria or near the city of Trieste (or even Venice.). I know that Varisia is supposed to feel like a city in the middle of the wilderness, so I thought it might be appropriate to have it near the Balkans.

Remember, the focus is making it feel realistic - the focus isn't on realism.

What do you think?

also, I found a marvelous thread here on the forums for running The Red Hand of Doom; is there an awesome Edge of Anarchy thread for GMs in a similar way?

Otherworld Odd
2011-04-05, 08:26 PM
As a current player of Curse of the Crimson Throne, I kind of feel like it belongs somewhere in Italy.

HOWEVER, I want to say that so far in the game, we've yet to even get a glimpse of the outside world and we're in the second or third complete chapter, so I don't think it would matter that much. Korvosa is so big and very much so the whole world by itself as it is right now and there's so much going on in it that we don't even have the time to think about anything else outside the city.