PDA

View Full Version : Races that grant bonus feats?

Socko525
2011-04-05, 05:59 PM
The only ones I know of are:
Human
Silverbrow Human
Strongheart Halfling

Are there any others?

Keld Denar
2011-04-05, 06:06 PM
Azurin. Its basically human, but gives up your bonus skill points for +1 bonus essentia, similar to how silverbrow human gives up its bonus skill points for the Dragonblooded subtype.

hivedragon
2011-04-05, 06:11 PM
empty vessels and zakya rakshasa (eberron campaign setting)

LOTRfan
2011-04-05, 06:11 PM
Karsites have all the traits of humans, with a bunch of benefits for LA +2. Downside? You can't cast conventional spells.

Cog
2011-04-05, 06:13 PM
Vashar get a vile-only feat. Frostblood Orcs get Endurance, but if they later get Endurance from a class they can choose any feat they qualify for - time it right, and you can get something with a BAB/skill requirement you wouldn't have met at first level.

Darrin
2011-04-05, 07:22 PM
Are there any others?

Elves get all those martial weapon proficiencies (useful for the Dark Chaos Shuffle)
Hadozee get Dodge.
Hellbred get Devil's Favor.
Desert Orcs get Endurance.
Desert Half-Orcs get Run.
Scablands Half-Orcs, Badlands Dwarves, Asherati, and Bhuka get Heat Endurance.

Anxe
2011-04-05, 07:38 PM
If you wanna dip into homebrew you could design a race that gives you pretty much any feat. I think there's a pretty good list already posted though.

dspeyer
2011-04-05, 11:02 PM
Lycanthropes get iron will and all the feats of their animal half. A were-badger, for example, picks up iron will, agile, track, and weapon finesse. Also rage. For 2 la and an hd,

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-05, 11:13 PM
Lycanthropes get iron will and all the feats of their animal half. A were-badger, for example, picks up iron will, agile, track, and weapon finesse. Also rage. For 2 la and an hd,

You know I was just going to say you were wrong, and that you only gained the bonus feats; but after checking the SRD it seems you are right. This is interesting... is there any animal that get's good feats? I have some ideas :smallamused:

EarthTremor
2011-04-09, 02:08 PM
Azurin. Its basically human, but gives up your bonus skill points for +1 bonus essentia, similar to how silverbrow human gives up its bonus skill points for the Dragonblooded subtype.

Be aware that Azurin also gain a crappy favoured class. They're a pretty difficult race to make a good build around.

Greenish
2011-04-09, 03:46 PM
Be aware that Azurin also gain a crappy favoured class. They're a pretty difficult race to make a good build around.Even if you play by Favoured Class rules, it's not that difficult to overcome it. Non-casters would be likely be going for short dips in several classes anyway, and casters are usually better of going prestige.

dspeyer
2011-04-10, 01:35 AM
You know I was just going to say you were wrong, and that you only gained the bonus feats; but after checking the SRD it seems you are right. This is interesting... is there any animal that get's good feats? I have some ideas :smallamused:

Feats gotten by animals:

ability focus (poison)
agile
alertness
cleave
combat reflexes
dodge
endurance
flyby attack
great fortitude
improved bull rush
improved initiative
improved natural armor
improved natural attack
improved overrun
iron will
lightning reflexes
mobility
multiattack
multigrab
point blank shot
power attack
powerful charge
run
skill focus (hide)
snatch
spring attack
stealthy
swim-by attack
toughness
track
weapon finesse
weapon focus
wingover

Cog
2011-04-10, 01:55 AM
Lycanthropes as monsters get that. Lycanthropes as characters instead get:
Racial Feats: Add the animal’s Hit Dice to the base character’s own Hit Dice to determine how many feats the character has. All lycanthropes gain Iron Will as a bonus feat.
Monster lycanthropes get their first-HD feat from both components, and so sometimes end up with one more feat than they ought. Lycanthrope PCs get to choose what feats they take for their animal HD, which in most cases is probably a stronger option anyway; they'd still get any B feats.

Thurbane
2011-04-10, 09:08 PM
Hellbred get Devil's Favor.
They also get extra Devil Touched bonus feats as they level up, if they chose the Body aspect...

The only ones I know of are:
Human
Silverbrow Human
Strongheart Halfling

Are there any others?
It also depends if you only want LA +0 races: plenty of RHD and LA +1 or greater races get bonus feats: Yuant-ti Pureblood, Sahuagin etc.

Sdonourg
2011-04-11, 12:33 AM
Aventi from Stormwrack.

Greenish
2011-04-11, 07:59 AM
Aventi from Stormwrack.They don't get bonus feats, though.

EarthTremor
2011-04-11, 01:26 PM
Oh, I just remembered another race; the Cynidiceans, who were updated to 3.5 in Elder Evils.

Even if you play by Favoured Class rules, it's not that difficult to overcome it. Non-casters would be likely be going for short dips in several classes anyway, and casters are usually better of going prestige.

True enough. I guess I brought it up because I often see MOI builds that seem to "forget" the Azurin's fixed favoured class, or that just assume favoured class restrictions have been houseruled out. Which is a stupid thing to do in a CharOp thread.

Veyr
2011-04-11, 01:54 PM
Why is it stupid? If we're talking TO, it doesn't matter (you can assume whatever level you like, no matter how long it takes to get there due to XP penalties), and if we're talking PO, it doesn't matter because no one ever uses those rules.

EarthTremor
2011-04-12, 01:46 PM
Why is it stupid? If we're talking TO, it doesn't matter (you can assume whatever level you like, no matter how long it takes to get there due to XP penalties), and if we're talking PO, it doesn't matter because no one ever uses those rules.

Perhaps you don't within your group, or your local gaming scene, but that doesn't mean the same for anyone else. I have NEVER met a DM who would houserule out the favoured class rules, not even myself. And I don't think I'm a minority.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I have any personal objection to anyone doing so, it's just not universal behaviour. And I feel a CharOp thread should start from common ground and perhaps then branch out into optional or variant rules. No good coming up with an uber-broken build using house rules if your DM doesn't agree with them.

We're getting way off the OP's topic though. I'm surprised no-one's mentioned the Kobold, provided of course you're using the variant racial traits from the RotD Web Enhancement, which grants them a few bonus weapon proficiencies.