PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon d20; The Arcove Region

HappyBlanket
2011-04-05, 08:10 PM
The Arcove Region

You begin your adventure in the town of Foolcliff, a quiet but large locale perched upon Arcove's coastline. The houses here are modest affairs; two story homes with white exteriors and simple rafters, with small gardens and wooden fences lining the trimmed grass. Cars stroll along leisurely upon the paved roads, and residents are often seen walking throughout the town with classmates, friends, and family members.

The soft hum of airplanes is a periodic occurrence, and the grayed silhouettes of their speakers lay in sharp contrast to the clear skies above Foolcliff. The residents take little notice to their subtle presence overhead, but the passengers are another story; the Foolcliff Airport by the beaches is the town's humble pride, and those not native to Arcove know it as the region's gateway. Dozens of would-be legends arrive upon it's many machines with every passing day, following in the footsteps of past others with ambition.

A tall cliff towers over the sparkling ocean, home to another of Foolcliff's prides. This is the town Pokemon Center; a massive building with a brilliant roof of scarlet and a majestic icon over it's sliding glass doors. Though other towns direct their Centers to assist weary travelers, the Center in Foolcliff is a place for new arrivals and wide eyed hopefuls who wish to go beyond Foolcliff's boundaries. As such, the workers at the center are well informed individuals who are happy to help those who ask, whether they be trainers directed from the airport, or residents from the town. In addition, the Center is home to a great collection of beds and rooms, offered to new trainers who wish to stay the night before heading off on their adventures. The dorms are a good place to find travel partners.

At the base of the cliff is the J. Oker School, a brick laid building famous for the eager students - each of them trainers - who enjoy the opportunity to test their worth against others in the town. They regard the battles to be greatly entertaining, and you're guaranteed to find some youngster willing to accept your challenge; either a student on break, or one skipping classes. Either way, the battles are all good fun, and you can make a quite a bit of money from the bored teenagers. Try not to stay too long though. Some of the teachers discourage these battles, and they can be very... Convincing.

The town is famous for it's friendliness toward new adventurers, but it's community is nothing to be ignored. Foolcliff is home to schools, academies, parks, and a steady collection of small stores. The people of the town have many trainers among them, and finding one is as simple as can be.

Foolcliff's largest park lays to the North-East of the town, unrestrained by gate nor wall. It is a spacious field of green hills and white lilies, with the occasional gust of sea breeze rippling over the flora in refreshing waves. A metal street sign at the town's border informs travelers that this is Route 0.

A dense forest lies in the distance. It's should only be a minute's travel by foot.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-05, 08:34 PM
Well, because nobody seems to want to post, I suppose I'll go first. . . I can always just edit it later if it doesn't fit stylistically.

Ren is perched on a low branch of a tree in the largest park, preferably one on a hill. He watches the town idly, seeing residents bustle by intent on their lives and often ignorant to what happens around them. Growing bored, he muses upon entering the town itself - despite his distaste for people, he was growing bored.

IcemanJRC
2011-04-05, 08:44 PM
Ollie finishes his breakfast and smiles, Handy the Aipom munching her banana and smiling.

Alright girl, ready to head out? Time to get going.
Handy smiles and jumps onto Ollie's shoulder. He smiles back and walks to the door, depositing his dishes in the sink.

Mama! I'm going now! I'll check back every now and agian!
He chuckled, his mom was probably asleep, but she'd see his note when she woke up. He hoped she wouldn't be sad that he didn't wake her up like she asked. Her sleep was more important. Ollie steeped out the door and sucked in a big breath of fresh air. He'd hit up J. Oker then head down Route 0.

Ready to go!

Bad Situation
2011-04-05, 08:45 PM
A dark eyed youth exits the airport onto the Foolcliff beach and scowls at the all too bright sun. Running a hand through his hair and heaving a heavy sigh, he stomps through the sand, an annoying 'crunch' following every step.

"Great, what a fantastic way to start a journey," he mutters darkly.

A bright orange salamander follows at his footsteps, looking none too pleased by the presence of water. Loki's eyes flick lazily from the beach to its trainer, who is busying scowling and kicking up sand unnecessarily with his steps. He follows his master from behind at a leisurely pace, as far away from the sand as possible. Bishop was a good master though, despite his occasional grumblings. Loki had learned from very early on in their partnership, that Bishop was far less 'aloof and unfeeling' than he liked to let on. If the the hugging and jumping after their first official Pokemon battle was any indication, they were off to a good start.

"Let's go Loki, father informed me of a prestigious school nearby."

A pause.

"We'll be winning of course."

That was what Loki liked to hear.

Green Bean
2011-04-05, 08:48 PM
Colin Travis woke up with the sunrise, eager to begin the first day of his big journey. The Pokemon Centre dorm was still quiet at this hour, though he saw signs that a few other early risers had already begun their days. Quickly, he dressed himself and packed his bags; anyone just waking up probably would have thought themselves still dreaming as his supplies whirled around above his head, seemingly packing themselves. He checked his backpack one more time before turning his attention to Solly. The Abra was still asleep, though he stirred slightly as he was neatly lifted off the ground and deposited on Colin's shoulders with his head laying on top of his trainer's.

<No need for you to wake up yet. We won't be at J. Oker's for a little longer, and we need to be at our best.> Colin felt Solly's mind drift back into slumber as the pair headed for the exit. They'd be headed for the school for now. The two had never been in a battle, so a bit of practical experience would do both of them some good before they headed into the wilderness.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-05, 08:51 PM
Hopping from his branch, Ren gave a bored sigh and awakened the Mareep slumbering beneath the boughs.

"C'mon, Fleece. Let's find something a bit more interesting to do. I hear there's a school somewhere in this town. . . maybe these slick city-folk can teach me something I don't already know."

Gorgondantess
2011-04-05, 08:54 PM
Laura trudges into the town, dressed in a long, dark coat, worn jeans and tattered sneakers. Her sallow complexion matches the blank look on her face. The only thing of note she carries is a small duffel bag in one hand, and a pokeball in the other, clenched tightly in a white-knuckled hand oblivious to the creature inside of it.
She stands outside the school, standing bluntly for a moment, before deciding to head inside to test her mettle.

Woodsman
2011-04-05, 08:58 PM
Jack woke up, stretching. Today was the day he left. He wasn't sure if he was ready, but he figured it was better to start now. He went through his morning routine, exiting the house after finishing breakfast, Rex at his heels.

"Let's check out the school, huh? Maybe we can study some methods before we head out," Jack told his Larvitar, who nodded. Rex wasn't really one for battling. The two headed for J. Over, taking their time to enjoy the scenery.

Namillus
2011-04-05, 09:40 PM
Matthew makes his way out of the Pokémon Center, having used their map facilities to get his bearings. He looks around at Foolcliff, before looking down at the Pokéball in his hand.
"I still can't believe I'm stuck with you." He mutters in some annoyance, before slipping the ball back onto his belt.
"I suppose we can check out J.Oker's." He continues to address the ball, even though its inhabitant is not out. Adjusting the sword on his back, heedless to the funny looks he receives, he starts that way.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-05, 09:58 PM
Stepping off the plane he just arrived on, Ivan looks around, Psycho perched on his head and keeping watchful eye for him.

"Hm... Now, where to go first..." He mutters, before heading towards the Pokemon center to seek information.

And bumping into the armed trainer by accident.

Namillus
2011-04-05, 10:42 PM
Starting as the other bumps into him, Matthew looks up out of his own reverie, turning and noticing the Ralts on the person's head before the actual person, blinking for a moment.
"Uhm, pardon me."

HappyBlanket
2011-04-05, 11:26 PM
It's early morning, and the sun glows steadily in the new dawn. Some ambitious upstarts approach the base of the town's namesake cliff, and the busy lives of Foolcliff's residents bustle around them in fleeting blinks and glimpses.

Men and woman in suits are stepping out of their homes, preparing for a day of work with chipper faces and confident steps. Others dressed much the same are stepping out of their cars instead, returning from a busy night with less energetic expressions.

Those headed to the school soon realize they are not alone.

As Laura makes her way to the school, she notices someone turn the corner up ahead.
It's a light skinned girl on a bike, with a single pigtail of jet black tied hastily to the side of her head. She appears to be in quite a rush; a slice of bread, which you surmise to be her breakfast, is pinched unceremoniously between her teeth, and the canvas bag on her back remains half open. A cursory glance within reveals a cluster of unorganized papers, many of which are scrawled upon crudely.
It's clear that this girl doesn't have any time to spare, but she manages a glance over her shoulder as she cycles away. A pair of black eyes shift over Laura uninterestedly before finally resting upon the pokeball in her hand with sudden intensity, her gaze affixed to it unerringly. Her expression reveals nothing of what runs through her mind, and her face is blank and stony.

...The disorganized girl crashes into a lamp post after what Laura estimates to be two seconds. She proceeds to carry herself and her bike away with a level of speed mustered by what could only be embarrassment.

The other trainers have similar encounters; teenagers on bikes, in cars, or simply walking; all in the same direction, apparently. They are easily identified; the boys wear beige pants and viridian jackets, the girls white blouses and viridian skirts. But the recognition is not exclusive; the uniformed students easily identify the trainers, and the staring persists as they approach the school.

The school is a large but low building of two stories, barely higher than the domestic buildings in the area. A concrete wall surrounds the complex, and the students pour into the front gate in droves, finding friends and classmates to cluster around.

...It doesn't look like they're very interested in the trainers. Apparently they prefer to stare and whisper.

Bad Situation
2011-04-05, 11:46 PM
The first thing Bishop notices are the stares. He doesn't like the attention he realizes. It makes him uncomfortable. Brushing past briskly, he finds a lone student and pins their uniform to the school wall. "I've had about enough of this," he growls, "Why is everybody staring at me?"

When he realizes that he's just manhandled a student he backs off sharply. He at least, has the shame to blush.

Drogos
2011-04-06, 12:05 AM
A teen aged girl steps off her plane with the rest of the passengers arriving in Foolcliff. As she gets off the plane, she lets out a pokemon from its pokeball. A black crow like pokemon takes flight upon being released from its container, gives a sharp 'caw' and alights on the girls left shoulder. Built into the girl's outfit is a padded shoulder guard on it, allowing the bird to perch without harming its trainer. Like most of the other new arrivals, the girl shields her eyes from the bright sun as she looks on the town and heads towards the Trainer school she had heard so much about.

Well lets see what kind of competition this Foolcliff has in store for us.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-06, 05:32 AM
Ren leans against a wall in the school's courtyard (or other easily accessible outdoor area) and waits for a student to confront him. He makes no move to interfere with the arrogant boy's actions, but watches carefully to see if it will escalate.

He intends to wait until classes start to challenge one of the more rebellious students, and true to his job will interfere with another's actions if they seem to be heading towards doing something illegal.

Green Bean
2011-04-06, 06:00 AM
Colin finds an isolated corner to back into, and quiet in. It was one thing to talk about going out on a big adventure, but another thing entirely when a crowd of people are giving you the eyeball.

<Solly, I don't know if we should be here. These people are a lot bigger than I am, and they're staring. Maybe we should come back later.>

<This what we came for. Why you so worried about size anyway - you not the one fighting.> Solly's reply was filled with bravado, but Colin could tell he was just as afraid as him. But Solly had a point. They hadn't come all this way just to back down. He sought out a nearby cluster of students.

"Hi, I'm a trainer. I was hoping someone could battle me? Please?"

Woodsman
2011-04-06, 07:42 AM
Jack was used to being stared at by the students heading to school. He took his time and walked, knowing it would be a while before the battles started. He hadn't actually participated in one before, but he knew enough that he at least wouldn't embarrass himself.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-06, 07:45 AM
Starting as the other bumps into him, Matthew looks up out of his own reverie, turning and noticing the Ralts on the person's head before the actual person, blinking for a moment.
"Uhm, pardon me."

"Oh, uh, sorry man. I was trying to get to the center, and wasn't really paying attention." Ivan says, rubbing the back of his head.

"Out of curiousity, do you know a place for a good fight?"

Namillus
2011-04-06, 10:47 AM
"I was thinking of going to check out the school, see what kind of potential the kids there have as trainers, but I'm not looking to participate in any battle there."

He keeps glancing to Psycho. "I don't mean to alarm you, but you seem to have a Ralts on your head."

The-Mage-King
2011-04-06, 11:30 AM
"Oh, that's Psycho. He likes to ride there, and it means I don't need a hat." Ivan replies, looking up to his Ralts.

"Hey, do you mind if I tag along? I figure a battle would be a good way to make my debut in Arcove."

Namillus
2011-04-06, 01:19 PM
"Oh. Hello there, Psycho." He smiles briefly at the Ralts, before shrugging to Ivan. "Feel free, I guess. I'm Matthew, by the way."

The-Mage-King
2011-04-06, 01:35 PM
"Ivan. Let's get going, then."

Drogos
2011-04-06, 02:07 PM
As the new arrived bird keeper walks into town she sees what must be the trainer school she had heard so much about. She follows the stream of students that seems to be heading to the school as well. As she walks she is increasingly aware of the stares her perched pokemon is drawing but she didn't mind. She notices two trainers walking in front of her, not dressed in what she assumes to be the school colors. guessing they might also be heading to the school for a reason similar to her own, she falls in step several feet behind them.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-06, 06:01 PM
Bishop Blackwood vs. Chris Jackson
Round 1 Trainer Turn:

"Staring? Oh, why ever would we stare? How could we possibly know that you'd be some foreigner looking for a battle?"

A student speaks out from behind Bishop, his lips emphasizing his words with the clear taste of condescension. It's a tall student with wavy auburn hair, with thick black glasses pressed against his nose. A single finger of his pushes them over his eyes, and he sneers at Bishop with a bright white smile.

Just to his side walks a feline with gray fur and a coiled tail. A pair of blue and yellow eyes lay with a predatory glare upon Loki as the creature approaches. The student looks upon it with admiration and pride before facing Bishop once more.

"Surely, it couldn't be your clothes. Unfeasible! After all, you fit in so well." he continues, wiping the front of his viridian jacket as if brushing away flecks of dust. A quick glance later, and Bishop notices the other trainers in the school yard with ease; they're simply the ones not wearing a uniform.

The pompous boy reaches into his front pocket, and his hand emerges with a single sphere of red and white. "Chris Jackson" he says, introducing himself. "Given your perceptive abilities, I'll probably have to explain what this gesture means, won't I?"

Colin Travis vs. Evelyn Wong
Round 1 Trainer Turn:
The group of students look to Colin cheerfully as he approaches, turning to face him politely. A few young girls smile at his timidity, and the boys grin understandingly. It's quickly apparent that they're a friendly bunch; they don't comment on the Abra atop his head, nor do they fuss over the quietness of his voice. One of them reaches into a backpack, retrieving from it a single pokeball.

"Alright, sure." she says, smiling to him as she bridges distance. "I'd absolutely love t-" "WaitIsawhimfirst!"

Another student charges directly between Colin and the friendly student, loudly and rapidly spitting the stream of words with fevered excitement. It's a young girl on a bicycle, her black hair tied to the side of her head. There's a fresh scrape on her knee, but she doesn't seem to notice; she ignores the other students and shoves a pokeball into Colin's face shamelessly.

"Evelyn Wong!" she offers as some manner of introduction. "You're a trainer, right? Great! So am I!"

You notice a small creature with blue and black fur clutching for dear life upon Evelyn's back. It suddenly panics as Evelyn shouts, but the trainer
is oblivious to it's protests; she places it upon the ground in front of her, readying herself for battle as it trembles.

Map:
{table] |_A|_B|_C|_D|_E|_F|_G|_H|_I|_J|_K|_L|_M|_N|_O|_P|_ Q|_R|_S|_T
1 |WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL| | |WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL
2 |ST|ST|ST| | | | |ST|WL| | |WL| | | |ST| | |ST
3 |ST| | |ST| | | |ST|WL|DR|DR|WL| | |ST|BB|ST
4 |ST| | | | |ST| | |WL| |ST|WL| | | |LK|ST| | |
5 | | | | | |ST|ST| | |ST|ST|ST| | | | | |ST| |
6 | | |ST| | | | | |ST| |ST|ST| |ST| |GL| | | |ST
7 | | |ST|ST| | | | |ST|ST|ST| | | | |CJ| | | |
8 | | |EW|SH| | |ST| | | |ST| |ST| | | | | |ST|
9 | | | | | | | | |ST| | | |ST|ST| | | | | |
10 | | |CT| | |ST| | | |ST|ST| | | | | |ST | | |
11 |ST| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |ST
12 |ST|ST| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
13 |ST| | | |ST| | | |LR| | | | |ST| | |RS|FL| |
14 |WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL| | | |GF|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL|WL
15 | | | | | | | |ST| | | | | | | |JB|RX| | |
[/table]

WL = Wall. Blocking.
DR = Door. Blocking. Can be opened as a Trainer Action.
ST = Student.
BB = Bishop Blackwood
LK = Loki, Bishop's Charmander
CT = Colin Travis and Solly, Colin's Abra
GF = Gwyn Featherston and Sirocco, Gwyn Murkrow
LR = Laura Ray
RS = Ren Stentson
FL = Fleece
JB = Jack Beech
RX = Rex, Jack's Larvitar
CJ = Chris Jackson, pompous student.
GL = Chris Jackson's Glameow.
EW = Evelyn Wong
SH = Evelyn Wong's Shinx.

You cannot Shift through Blocking Terrain, you cannot target through Blocking Terrain.

IcemanJRC
2011-04-06, 06:09 PM
Ollie enters the school just as Bishop and Colin begin there battle, Handy giggling on his shoulder.
Ho man, guess I'm a bit late... Let's check this out then...

Ollie smiles and Handy cackles as he watches the trainers.

Woodsman
2011-04-06, 06:25 PM
Jack sees a girl with a Murrow on her shoulder. He jogs up, saying, "Hey. You a trainer?"

Bad Situation
2011-04-06, 06:27 PM
Bishop barely manages to stifle the giggle that escapes his lips. This was new, someone trying to speak down to him. It was usually the other way around. He warily glances at the gathering crowd and bites down on his nerves. The staring was unsettling to be sure, but he couldn't let this insult slide so easily.

"If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get. Let me warn you though, a Blackwood never loses," he says before settling his expression into his trademark smirk.

"Good, bait him...let's get him riled up."

He casually pulls out his pokedex and lazily scans the opposing cat pokemon.

"You ready Loki?"

Green Bean
2011-04-06, 06:54 PM
Colin is relieved that the teens don't laugh at him, and he lifts Solly off his shoulders and places him on the ground, still half-dozing.

"Uh, okay, here we...oh, wait! I almost forgot!" Colin grabs his Pokedex out of his bag and thumbs the scanner. "Alright Solly, start with Shadow Ball."

Colin notices the way Evelyn's Pokemon is trembling, and silently touches Solly's mind in warning. <But don't give it full-blast, okay? We don't want to hurt anyone.>

Drogos
2011-04-06, 06:59 PM
Gwyn watches as the two buys are challenged by students of the school. She spins around in surprise when another trainer who appears to not be schoolkid talks to her. Her long blond hair whips around as she turns, almost knocking off the pokemon perched on her shoulder who habitually hops up and over the billowing hair.

Heh, yeah I'm a trainer. I got into Foolcliff just recently. I'm starting the pokemon journey just like all of the others in my family have before me. What brings you into town?

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-06, 07:00 PM
Ren subtly withdraws his pokedex from his back pocket and, after a pause to consider it, abandons any pretense of stealth or politeness and opens it to get a reading on the pokemon he could see, focusing especially on the cat. His other hand rests on the hand of his styler, ready to intervene if any of these battles look like they might become fatal to any pokemon involved.

Meanwhile, Fleece watches the nearest student carefully, lowering closer to the ground. Static begins to jolt between the pokemon's fleece and tail, a clear sign of aggression. Something about the trainer makes Fleece uncomfortable, but Ren is too busy monitoring the battles to notice.

[OOC]: Is it alright if I narrate Fleece's actions within reason, as such? To be blunt, I wanted to pick a fight while remaining in character but I wasn't sure how best to do so.

Woodsman
2011-04-06, 07:09 PM
"I've lived here most of my life. I'm leaving on a journey today, hopefully to find some Legendary Pokemon," Jack tells Gwyn. "I'm Jack, Jack Beech. You?"

Bad Situation
2011-04-06, 07:21 PM
"Tear through the opposition Loki! Dragon Claw!"

Gorgondantess
2011-04-06, 07:40 PM
Laura quirks an eyebrow at the bicyclist, then sighs as she challenges another trainer. She walks over to the group, brandishing her pokeball, and tugs on the spurned girl's sleeve, lifting it. "Battle me, then."

HappyBlanket
2011-04-06, 08:02 PM
Updated Map (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdHVENi1xM0QzaUlndU9ENF90TWNLT nc&hl=en&authkey=CNOv8ZkB)

Bishop Blackwood vs. Chris Jackson
Round 1 Trainer Turn:

A small window appears on the Pokedex's screen; little information is provided, but at least you have a name.
The feline is called a Glameow. It's a pokemon known for it's fickleness; one moment it appears fierce and the next moment demure.
The pokedex continues to load (ought to take 20 more seconds or so), but the scan is complete. The pokedex may be stowed.

"Fake Out!" yells the trainer , one hand on his glasses and another pointed at the flaming lizard ahead. His Glameow is quick to act; it suddenly flashes forward with claw's outstretched, slashing at Loki before the Charmander gets the chance to act.

The slash is shallow, but Loki is briefly dazed by the sudden strike. Loki fails to use Dragon Claw.

Trainer Action: None
Shift: None
Command Move: Use Fake Out on Loki

Fake Out:
Accuracy Check 2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

{{Loki flinched. It is now "Bishop Blackwood vs. Chris Jackson, Round 2 Trainer Turn."}}

Chris looks like he's about to shout again, but he suddenly stops. There's a tinge of embarrassment in his cheeks when he commands his Glameow: "Alright! Over here!" he says, pointing to a spot further away from Loki.

Trainer Action: None
Shift: None
Command Move: None
Command Shift: To P11

Colin Travis vs. Evelyn Wong
Round 1 Trainer Turn:

"O~Kay! Charge ahead! Use Tackle!"

The Shinx is terrified, appearing as if it had just been told to kill itself. It was not an inappropriate reaction.

{{It is now "Colin Travis vs. Evelyn Wong, Round 1 Pokemon Turn." Solly's up next.}}

Ren's pokedex is filled with tiny windows as it attempts to load the information of the surrounding pokemon en masse. It'll take a while, but it's only a matter of time.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-06, 08:14 PM
Shifting his weight and his attention away from the pokedex, Ren finally takes notice of Fleece's agitation.

"What's wrong, partner?" he says, before following the pokemon's gaze to a nearby student. To Ren, the kid looked absolutely normal - but something was bothering Fleece.

Woodsman
2011-04-06, 08:16 PM
Jack will take a moment to scan the various Pokemon he sees, even though he knows most of what it will say.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-06, 08:19 PM
(...Yeah, I'ma scan everything too.):smallbiggrin:

IcemanJRC
2011-04-06, 08:24 PM
Well, might as well follow suit...
Ollie flips open his dex to scan all the pokepeeps nearby.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-06, 08:26 PM
The clouds grow dark and a few lightning bolts hit every pokedex within five miles of the school.

A few more pokedexes begin loading information. Ren's pokedex finishes loading.

Green Bean
2011-04-06, 08:28 PM
For something apparently asleep, Solly moved quickly. With a seemingly idle wave and a pulse of psychic power, it gathered up a handful of clingy shadows and flung it at the oncoming Shinx.

Accuracy Check: [roll0]

Move info:
Shadow Ball – Ghost
EOT – 2
Ranged - Special Attack
5d10
Effect: 1 Target
Shadow Ball lowers the foe’s Special Defense 1 Combat Stage on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-06, 08:33 PM
Upon hearing a beep from his pokedex, Ren's attention is once again diverted from his restless pokemon. He takes a moment to read the electric pokemon's entry, before snapping his pokedex shut and focusing all of his attention on the student discomforting Fleece - momentarily releasing his styler. He takes a more aggressive stance and makes eye contact with the student, although he does not yet say a word; his facial expression conveys his distrust well enough.

Bad Situation
2011-04-06, 08:48 PM
The smirk on Bishop's face grows wider. He had been worried for a second, but Loki had come through regardless. "Shake it off Loki, he's yours now."

"This is your chance, smash through with another Dragon Claw."

((Shift to P10 and Dragon Claw))

Bad Situation
2011-04-06, 09:03 PM
Loki's claws burn a bright blue before crashing down on Glameow's skull. A heavy blow, but Bishop knows better than think that the fight is over.

"Good job Loki, but don't let up for a second."

[roll0]

((Sorry, I forgot to roll damage in my above post.))

The-Mage-King
2011-04-06, 09:18 PM
As he walks up to the school, Ivan smirks slightly and takes out his pokedex.

"This is gonna be useful data." He mutters, starting to scan the 'mon each of the fights.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-06, 10:50 PM
The Glameow is knocked to the ground immediately, it's body briefly coated by the last remaining wisps of mythical blue fire. It is soon recalled by a moody Chris.

Loki the Charmander gains 70 experience points for defeating the Glameow.

The Shinx yelps fleetingly as the phantasmal shade strikes. It collapses, and it's trainer returns it to it's Pokeball.

Solly the Abra gains 60 experience points for defeating the Shinx.

"Aw! Darn, it didn't work." Evelyn groans dramatically, stomping at the ground with a childish sigh. She stops, but looks to Colins cheerfully. "Well, it was fun, so I suppo-"

She stops suddenly.

With a thunderous burst and splash, accompanied by cacophonous screaming and terrified retching and shouting, a great splash of violet sludge seems to explode upon the surface of the courtyard.

Those who inevitably glance at the sight of the carnage are greeted with an unpleasant sight; the ground bubbles with a few remaining splotches of the sickly purple liquid, which reeks horrendously. You see that the trainers in the area have collapsed upon the ground, with purple sludge lain hazardously on their skin.

Jackie Anderson has fallen on her back, and her eyes stare blankly into the sky, seeing nothing. A glassy tint appears to lay over each pupil, and her chest weakly raises and falls as she lays in the sludge. Her skin has the slightest shade of sickly green.

Evelyn Wong was knocked forward; her head lands inelegantly upon the gravel, her mouth agape. Her bicycle is crumpled over her unmoving body, and for a brief moment she appears to be choking; it's not a pleasant sound, but she appears to be alive. For now.

Other trainers are much the same; a few of them drop to their knees before having their unconscious bodies slump against one another. Another one is at least lucky enough to collapse near a few friends, who catch him as he falls; he hangs limply in their arms, his entire body unmoving. His body struggles to take it's all too critical breaths.

You see a single crumpled mass of brown fur and purple sludge at the epicenter of the blast.

Gastly gains 70 experience points for defeating the Sentret.
Gastly gains 480 experience points for slaughtering defeating 6 school girls students.

Death Saving Throw DC8 or under.
[roll0]

Green Bean
2011-04-06, 11:07 PM
The attack comes too quickly to react to. By the time Colin jumps back, the toxic sludge is everywhere. Panicking, he tears Solly off the ground telekinetically, making sure the Abra doesn't get near the puddles of violet goop.
<What's going on?!>

In his head, he feels Solly concentrating on something, but can't tell what.

Abra can read the surface thoughts of Pokemon of Intelligence 3-5 and project thoughts into the heads of other telepaths. Can Solly pick anything up?

Bad Situation
2011-04-06, 11:12 PM
The shockwave is immense, and Bishop can scarcely keep his eyes off the scene. He gives his opponent a fleeting glance and dryly remarks, "Disappointing. I would wish you luck, but I doubt it would do you any good." Then he was off. The trainer with the Gastly interested him greatly, he had to know her name.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-06, 11:25 PM
@Colin
You hear the thoughts of people and pokemon in the area.
Amongst the many screams of terror and confusion, you notice that one mind is trying to keep itself blank in an attempt to suppress sensations of panic.
Another mind is reflecting on it's recent actions. This mind imagines looking at a small brown pokemon, then imagines throwing a ball of sludge at it.
{{Colin only, in case it isn't obvious}}

{{Posted on Gorgondantess' behalf}}
Laura's eye twitches as she sees the carnage. The Gastly is quickly recalled into its pokeball, and spinning around on her heel, coat whirling, she strides out of the courtyard, face set.

She seems tall amongst the fallen despite her diminutive stature.

Bad Situation
2011-04-06, 11:39 PM
Good, she was leaving. He was getting tired of the school anyway. Bishop broke off into a dash, a new kind of glee sets upon his face, and he chases after the retreating form of the trainer. He wouldn't let her get away. The Blackwoods respected strength, the sludge bomb was nothing but strength. He would find her, if only to learn what he was going to be up against in the future.

Bishop does his best to keep his eyes away from the ghastly (*shades* Aww yeah! Puns are amazing!) sight though. The smell alone was revolting, it was in his best interests to avoid any visual stimuli he reasoned. It would be bad for morale.

Not that it disgusted him. No sirree, Blackwoods were made of tougher stuff. Really.

"Loki, follow me!", he calls out while running.

He sure hoped he wouldn't regret this. For his and Loki's sake.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-06, 11:42 PM
Ivan steps into the path of the female trainer, something of a death glare on his face.

Similarly, Psycho has one angry but adorable glare of his own, arms crossed while still on his trainer's head

"I recognised that attack. I heard you call it. And Psycho and I aren't very happy with you right now for that." He says, shifting his arms slightly.

"I imagine the League frowns on that sort of recklessness and injuring of trainers, especially those who aren't even supposed to be battling." He continues, the Ralts jumping off of his head.

"Psycho, catch it as it's let out, if it is." He says to his Pokemon, the small psychic type nodding.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-07, 12:46 AM
Laura holds out her pokeball. She casts her glance from side to side, furtive.
She flexes, about to throw it...
And leaps over the ralts, running off into the distance.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-07, 01:11 AM
Round Two

The poisoned students hack and cough, and their hearts steadily begin to slow. Five students at the doors enter the building to find some Antidotes.

Poison Saving Throw DC17

ST1 [roll0]
ST2 [roll1]
ST3 [roll2]
ST4 [roll3]
Jackie [roll4] Jackie is cured.
Evelyn [roll5] Evelyn is cured.

The breaths of Jackie and Evelyn begin to calm; but they're still unconscious.

Drogos
2011-04-07, 02:20 AM
Gwyn's attention had been drawn from the boy talking to her and to the tumultuous battle going on in the courtyard. She too had been scanning pokemon left and right with her pokedex but now was putting it away when she felt something wasn't right with the battle she just saw.

Uh...yeaaah... my names Gwyn, nice to meet you too John. Hang on I have to go see if everyone over there is okay.

She dashes over to the site of the attack, her long hair streaming behind her. the Murkrow flies in the air next to her.

Hey did you guys see what just happened? What was that just now? is everyone okay.

Namillus
2011-04-07, 07:37 AM
Matthew sees someone running after the devastating blast of poison. He takes off after her, pulling out his own Pokéball.

Woodsman
2011-04-07, 07:54 AM
Jack follows behind Gwyn, Rex still at his heels. He's trying to identify what just happened, but has no idea what it could be.

((Do I make some sort of roll? Or would my walking encyclopedia cover it?))

The-Mage-King
2011-04-07, 09:02 AM
Picking up Psycho, Ivan puts the small psychic type onto his head and faces the fleeing female trainer.

"Artillery." He mutters, pointing at her with his right hand.

"Ral!" His pokemon cries, glowing with psychic energy and pulling the .

Acc: [roll0] target is...3. Anything higher than 3 and it hits.

Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+6=52 unmodified points of Psychic damage.

And Laura's Spec Defense is reduced by one combat stage.

EDIT: And I forgot to specify the direction for the push from Psychic.

Back to me, putting her in K17.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-07, 02:29 PM
Laura is blasted back by the potent psychic energies, landing flat on her back with a thump.
...But nevertheless, she gets back up, panting.
"Well then... if that's how it's going to be..."
She punts her pokeball into the ground, releasing Gastly.
"Lick!"
The Gastly floats over malevolently and an almost comically sized tongue sprouts out, licking the Ralts slowly, languorously, draining its strength.
[roll0], anything over a 2 hits,
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+2, all *2 for super effective for... 22 damage to the Ralts.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-07, 02:34 PM
". . . ****," mutters Ren under his breath. He kicks off the wall and sprints after the offending trainer. Considering her head start he may not be able to catch up, but if she gets tangled up in a battle it might be enough to let him get close enough to use his Styler.

He throws one last glance at the students and curses his current lack of supplies - but he had no way of helping them, and he felt sure the sentret was dead. His best option is to try to help catch and restrain the violent child.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-07, 02:34 PM
@Jack

It was a sludge bomb used by a Ghastly.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-07, 02:35 PM
Laura steps back, pointing around to the gathered trainers dramatically.
"Leave me be or your pokemon will suffer the same."
She casts a furtive glance about.
"Gastly. Go."
The gastly flies up and away from the school.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-07, 02:51 PM
"What I was waiting for! Trace it!" Ivan says as the Gastly is let out

"RAL!" The psychic keens, before it's glare meets the Gastly's gaze.

And it gets KO'd, falling off the back of Ivan's head as he pulls his right arm into a throwing postion.

Green Bean
2011-04-07, 03:10 PM
"Someone go get some Antidotes! Or a doctor!"

Colin pulls some of his spare clothes out of his bag and starts trying to wipe the sludge off the nearest student, hoping against hope that the damage is less than it appears. He paused for a moment and groaned slightly as a sliver of pain spiked in his head, but he dismissed it.

Colin's using Probability Control on as many of the poisoned students as he can to help them with their recovery rolls.

Probability Control:
Probability Control: Psychic Feature
Prerequisites: Psychic, 16 INT
At-Will – Drains 5 of user’s HP per use.
Target: Any roll.
Effect: You may reroll any die, or have any ally reroll any die. For every time you use this ability per day, past the first use on any day, your GM gets one Murphy’s Law point. They may use this point to have you reroll any die that you haven’t targeted with Probability Control, the GM may only target your dice rolls with
Murphy’s Law Points.

Woodsman
2011-04-07, 03:18 PM
"What the Hell was she thinking using Sludge Bomb?" Jack asks out loud.

He looks at the Gastly. "Damn. Out of reach."

Namillus
2011-04-07, 03:32 PM
"It's not the Pokémon I'm concerned about." Matthew responds, wincing on Ivan's behalf as Psycho goes down. "Give it up now and come quietly, and this doesn't have to get any worse."

He glances to Ivan. "Go to the Pokémon Center, let them know about this disaster and get your Ralts healed up."

The-Mage-King
2011-04-07, 03:36 PM
"Right. I'll get him healed as soon as I can. See this through for me, would you?" Ivan returns, moving his arm from the postion and scooping up his Ralts, heading towards the Center with haste.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-07, 03:40 PM
Round Three

Gastly gains 150 experience points [(15 x Level) x 2)] for defeating Psycho the Ralts

A gentle force tugs upon the strings of fate, pleading ineffectively to stubborn inevitability.

ST1 [roll0]

The other students continue to fight the venom.

ST1 [roll1]
ST2 [roll2] Cured.
ST3 [roll3]
ST4 [roll4]

Gorgondantess
2011-04-07, 03:43 PM
That's it. I'm outta here.
Laura spins around, recalls Gastly and beats feet.
Again.

Green Bean
2011-04-07, 03:50 PM
Colin notices one of the students getting better, but the other three are still fading fast. "Quick, does your school have a nurse? Where's their office!?"

The feeling of being stabbed in the brain returns, but Colin pushes through regardless.

Continuing to use Probability Control. I hope this works. :smalleek:

Namillus
2011-04-07, 03:59 PM
Matthew spares a moment to glance to his Pokéball - "Sorry, Masa, but this isn't your fight." - and pursues Laura. This time, he draws his sword.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-07, 03:59 PM
Ren pursues the girl for as long as he is able.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-07, 04:22 PM
It is still Round 3

Colin's mind pulls again at faith, his pleas falling on deaf ears. The strings are pulled taut, ready to lash back.
[roll0]
A student stammers with panic to Colin, stumbling over his words.
"Y-Yes, it does!" he finally says, looking back to the opened doors. "B-But I don't know if she'll be able to get here in time..."
The sickened students are fading fast... They might not make it through the next minute

Ren and Matthew easily catch up to Laura; Fleece trails behind.

Namillus
2011-04-07, 05:25 PM
"You can't get away," Matthew challenges the fleeing girl. "Give up now. I won't warn you again."

Green Bean
2011-04-07, 05:54 PM
<Solly, read his mind and see if you can teleport straight to the Nurse's office.> Colin pictures an Antidote in his head. <Find as many as these as you can, and come straight back. Blow out a window if you have to.>

Colin continues scrubbing, despite its apparent uselessness. He felt the familiar spike in his head, but he could also feel a strange sense of pressure, as though the universe were pressing down on him, but he pushed on anyway.

Probability Control again. My luck's gotta turn around sometime, right? Also, if the nurse's office is in range, Colin orders Solly to teleport right there and grab some Antidotes.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-07, 06:25 PM
Ren tries to circle around the girl to block off her escape while she is distracted by Matthew's warning. He waits for any indication that she will try to escape or fight, in which case Fleece will attack and try to knock her out; if she surrenders, he'll escort her to the local law enforcement.

In any case, this altercation has gotten his blood pumping and he's in the mood for a battle. When this resolves, he'll slum around town for a while until he finds somebody worth challenging.

IcemanJRC
2011-04-07, 06:47 PM
Ollie sputters, closing his gaping mouth he frowns.
My gods, we're gonna have to do something...
Handy frowns in agreement.

Let's go,
Handy races to the nearest student and begins clearing them of sludge, Ollie races after and attempts to help as best he can. He calls to Collin,

Have you found anything that's working yet?
He and Handy will continue cleaning the sludge away from students.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-07, 07:03 PM
It is still Round 3

Solly's body blinks into thin air, teleporting away to the room envisioned in the student's head.

Bad Situation
2011-04-07, 07:09 PM
They were going to get her. They had the numbers, and last he saw, even her pokemon looked tired. The move it had used looked like it had taken quite a toll, she wouldn't be able to use it again without some rest.

Which was a shame. He hadn't even learned her name.

Bishop continued his pursuit, if only to keep them from dragging her off to whatever passed for a prison around these parts.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-07, 07:41 PM
Round 4

Solly thoroughly surprises the school nurse, but he successfully manages to find a supply of Antidotes. He gathers as many as he can before dashing out of the room, his arms wrapped around the precious little sprays.

The students outside remain in hazardous condition.

ST1: [roll0]
ST3: [roll1] Cured
ST4: [roll2]

Green Bean
2011-04-07, 07:47 PM
Colin continues scrubbing, heartened by a nearby student's recovery. He felt the familiar spike in his head, but he could also feel a strange sense of pressure, as though the universe were pressing down on him, but he pushed on anyway.

Probability Control again. My luck's gotta turn around sometime, right?
HP: 57/72

Gorgondantess
2011-04-07, 08:00 PM
Laura continues her flight, making a sharp right turn to head west. She'll not submit herself to this.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-07, 08:17 PM
Round 4 cont.
ST4: [roll0]

Colin's repeated efforts grasp again at the predetermined, pulling misfortune from the inevitable. Another string accompanies it's previously distorted friend.
A student's body twitches, taking a deep breath against all odds.

Woodsman
2011-04-07, 08:28 PM
Jack will attempt to block Laura's route, with Rex helping him.

Bad Situation
2011-04-07, 08:37 PM
They had her cornered, and she quite obviously ran in the opposite direction. A direction, that fortunately put her nearer to him. She had to stop, there was little chance of simply escaping, not in the middle of a town like this. A glance in the other direction indicates that one of the other trainers has already drawn his weapon. He hopes he doesn't plan on using it, regardless of her crime it seemed a little unfair to be using armed force on a girl who looked like she might just collapse at any moment.

Bishop takes a sharp turn left, following after the girl and telling her to, "Stop running you idiot, you're just going to make it worse!"

((Laura is malnourished right? I think I read that in her character description.))

Namillus
2011-04-07, 08:39 PM
Well, he can't say he didn't warn her. Drawing on his, admittedly basic, training, Matthew lunges for Laura, sword flashing in his hands as he swipes, turning the flat of the blade towards her so as to not wound her too badly.

Arms Feature attack:
Target number 6+.
Damage if hit:
[roll]1d10+3+3+3 (1d10+STR basic for Blade, +STR+DEX for Martial Artist)

Bad Situation
2011-04-07, 11:03 PM
Okay, he was all for stopping the girl, but this was just wrong. You just don't pull a sword on another person, much less swing it. This was going to end up badly, and Bishop knew it. He had to take some sort of action, whether he wanted to or not.

In a flash the tonfa are out and Bishop lunges in between the two.

"Okay, I think it's about time we put an end this," he interjects.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-08, 12:24 AM
Laura pivots again, and runs north, back towards the school, in order to better intercept the two.
If this won't end soon, she'll have to bring out Gastly again...

Drogos
2011-04-08, 01:33 AM
Gwyn watches in disbelief as this daring chase unfolds and panics a bit when she sees the girl heading back towards the sshool. She decides finally to intervene on the situation and also runs after the fleeing girl with her Murkrow fanning out beside her.

Go Sirocco! Fly in close! Surprise her or anything she sends out with Hidden Snake Strike!

Muur KROOOW!

The pokemon caws in obedience and flies foreword with a dark gleam in its eyes.

Sirocco flies forward 6 spaces towards the fleeing girl and will continue flying until he is in range to use Astonish on her or any of her pokemon.

Attack Roll:
Damage:[roll]1d12+8+1

Gywn will run to catch up with the girl as well moving along side the Murkrow's path.

Drogos
2011-04-08, 10:18 AM
As the running girl gets closer, Gwyn sees the desperate look on her face. Clearly this girl just made an unfortunate mistake and is just trying to escape. She stops running and steps away to the side so the girl's way was unbarred.

Sirocco come back. This girl means no more harm.
She yells to the girl.
Hey, I'm not trying to stop you. Go this way and you can escape!
KKroow...

The pokemon and pulls up out of its charge and flies back to its Trainer.

Your right this is kind of silly :P Lets get back to battling...

Woodsman
2011-04-08, 11:19 AM
Jack looked at Gwyn. Maybe she was on to something.

Jack didn't pursue, not moving.

Namillus
2011-04-08, 02:17 PM
Matthew looks like he's about to pursue, then Bishop's intervention gives him the chance to stop and think - and also notice just how young this fleeing 'criminal' is. Looking sheepish, he relaxes, sheathing his sword and stepping back.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-08, 08:13 PM
Round 5
{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdHVENi1xM0QzaUlndU9ENF90TWNLT nc&hl=en&authkey=CNOv8ZkB)
Only a single student remains poisoned, but he soon overcomes the illness.
The students are still badly injured, but at least they won't be getting any worse.

[roll0]

The students are cured.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-08, 08:30 PM
Ren submits to peer pressure and gives the girl a break. Besides, he's in the mood for a real battle, and teaming up against a single ghastly doesn't seem like much fun.

He knows there are trainers around - but also that the forest is probably teeming with pokemon. Feeling more comfortable in the wild, he resolves to head toward the forest and to only battle a local trainer if he happens to see one on the way.

Green Bean
2011-04-08, 08:30 PM
As the final student stops weakening, and Colin slumps back, exhausted. He wipes his nose, only half-surprised that it was bleeding.

"What just happened?"

Bad Situation
2011-04-08, 09:09 PM
Bishop makes a move to follow after her, but slumps his shoulders in resignation. As much as he'd wanted to to talk to her, he had already made a big show of letting her go. It would just be embarrassing if he went back on that. He supposed it didn't matter much in the long run, a pokemon that powerful was bound to make some sort of mark on the world.

He only hoped he would leave an equally poignant mark.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-08, 09:48 PM
Five students emerge from the school doors, holding an Antidote each. A woman in her late twenties follows shortly after, with Solly trailing just behind. The humans distribute themselves amongst the fallen, checking the wounds... until realizing that each appears entirely cleansed. Dumbstruck, a few of them turn instantly to Colin, sitting amongst the unconscious victims.

Solly approaches Colin's side, still carrying a few Antidotes. In the Abra's rush, a Super Potion was mistakenly mixed into the batch.

The woman, who you surmise to be the school nurse, takes a relieved sigh before approaching Colin.
"Well kid, I don't how you did it, but these kids owe you their lives." she says thankfully, her eyes glancing to Solly and the unused Antidotes. She directs the other students to hand over their own Antidotes as well, which she places gently in front of Colin's Abra.

"Go ahead and keep those; it's the least we can do." she insists. "You're a trainer, right? Those Antidotes will help plenty if you're heading to the forest."

Colin received the following items:
x1 Super Potion
x8 Antidote

A few students, directed by the nurse, begin to bring the students inside for better medical attention. She looks to the remaining trainers disparagingly, but eventually calls out to them.

"Alright, alright! Shows over everyone; get on out of here, before I call the guards on you."

A few of you may recall that the school's administration frowns upon these battles. Anyone's guess as to why.

{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdEg3d1V5Zk1DR3UtUzJ6Mml6OS10R lE&hl=en&authkey=CIjC7qoO)

Despite the cosmos' apparent neglect for Ren, he does find a group of trainers. Two of them have just recalled their pokemon, following a friendly match, but the third appears quite available; an orange pokemon with a tuft of fur upon it's head sits upon the side of the street, it's tail covered in a small flame.

They've already noticed you. But this is still a town, so nobody is obligated to fight.

Green Bean
2011-04-08, 09:59 PM
Colin's a little overwhelmed at being the centre of attention, but manages to stammer out a few 'thank yous' for the free items. As the students proceed inside, he repacks his bag, minus his extra-sludgy spare shirt, gathers up Solly once again, and leaves the school grounds. The nurse had been kind enough, but there was no sense in wearing out a welcome. <You did great, Solly, but I think I've had enough of trainer battles for a little while. Let's head for Route 0 and see if we can find ourselves some new friends.>

After taking a few moments to reorient himself, Colin proceeds northeast, heading for the town border.

IcemanJRC
2011-04-08, 10:01 PM
Ollie walks over to Collin, Handy trailing behind, he offers a hand and smile,
Quite a performance there buddy. You gonna be alright? I'm Ollie, here to help.

Ollie will smile lightly and Handy will circle around the Abra for a look see.

Bad Situation
2011-04-08, 10:05 PM
Bishop's eyes casually pass over the assembled lot of trainers. He lazily flicks out his Pokedex to scan their pokemon for later reading. Calling for his Charmander he hurries back to the town, his brow furrowed in thought.

Loki was in desperate need of training, but now that he'd been banned from the school the trainers in town were looking a bit more appealing. He briefly considers challenging the lot back at the school but the moment passes when he realizes that talking to them would be more trouble than it was worth. He would battle some in town, heal Loki in the Pokemon Center and tackle the forest as soon as possible.

Green Bean
2011-04-08, 10:14 PM
Colin shys away almost instinctively, but quickly gets control of himself. "Uh, I'm Colin. And I'll be okay. Guess I just strained myself a little."

Colin notices Handy circling around Solly. "Oh wow, your Pokemon is really cool. I've never seen anything like it. What's its name?" He pulls his Pokedex out of his pocket and hits the scanner.

IcemanJRC
2011-04-08, 10:21 PM
Ollie smiles, he loves when people compliment his pokemon,
Her name is Handy. She's an Aipom my mom raised while she was working in Jhoto. She raised her and then brought her back home and gave her to me. Then after a few months we decided it'd be time to leave the nest and spread our wings. So here we are. Your pokemon is pretty cool too, it's called a Kadabra right?

He smiles wider and Handy laughs that wierd monkey laugh.
I saw him fight and he was pretty impressive.

Handy offers a paw to Solly to shake. Ollie then draws hi pokedex,
Do you mind?

Green Bean
2011-04-08, 10:30 PM
"Go ahead, I don't mind." Colin watches Solly shake Handy's paw.

"His name's Solly, and he's an Abra. I found him when I was out raking leaves one time, and we've been best friends ever since. We're out to see the world."

The-Mage-King
2011-04-08, 10:31 PM
After a few minutes, Ivan walks back up to the school, Psycho sitting on his head like nothing happened.

"So, how did it end?" He asks Matthew, looking around.

"RAL!"

IcemanJRC
2011-04-08, 10:40 PM
Ollie smacks his forehead,
That's right. Abra's the little one.
He chukles as Handy and Solly shake hands, then scans Solly.

You know, you both were really good back there. I'm honestly impressed. I was wondering, since you seemed like a good guy, if you'd wanna travel together? Maybe till we get to the first Gym town at least? I went to J. Omer hoping to find a traveling partner.
He smiles sheepishly and rubs the back of his neck, he just asked a stranger to go traveling with him.

I mean, assuming you're traveling and all, I guess I really should've asked first, rude of me to presume and all...
He rambles a bit more, sounding apologetic.

Then Ollie smacks his forhead again.
Wait a minute, you just said you were out to see the world. I'm really sorry, I get flustered sometimes...
He talks like he should be akward, but his demeanor is just kinda appealing, like he's a good guy and his flusteredness is more excitement than akwardness.

Green Bean
2011-04-08, 10:56 PM
Colin is taken aback by how little he was taken aback by Ollie's proposal. While he wasn't normally good around people, Ollie seemed nice, and a big part of the reason he left on this journey was to make new friends. Travelling together just made sense. "Uh, no, I think it's a great idea. Let me just check with Solly."

<You okay with this, buddy?> Colin felt a quick affirmative pulse in return. "Solly says yes. I was just heading for Route 0. There might be some wild Pokemon nearby, and even if there wasn't, I thought it'd be fun to explore."

IcemanJRC
2011-04-08, 11:02 PM
Ollie smiles a wide smiles and laughs.
That sounds great! Handy, we're gonna hang out with these guys for a while, sound good?
Handy chuckles and leaps onto Ollie's head.

Alright let's go!
Eagerly, Ollie walks with Collin out to Route 0 with Handy jovially perched on his head.

What are you trying to do? Grab contest ribbons? Fight in the pokemon league? Travel for the sake of travel? Ollie inquires as the make there way to, and subsequently through, Route 0.

Green Bean
2011-04-08, 11:11 PM
Colin follows along, Solly riding piggyback once more. "I dunno, actually. A bit of everything, I guess. I spent most of my time back home just raking leaves and scraping moss. It was fun with Solly and Dad around, but me 'n Solly want to see the world. What about you?"

Gorgondantess
2011-04-08, 11:21 PM
And Laura keeps running, disappearing into the woods.
What an exciting day.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-08, 11:53 PM
MAGUS ROAD
This is a place of foreboding and trepidation; a home to worrying anticipation and discouraging hesitance. Many a trainer has come to this forest only to turn back for Foolcliff, repelled by the fear of the unknown and the prospect of failure. The spirits of these unfortunate trainers wither and fall as they approach the colossal trees with trunks a metre wide and branches far out of their reach. As such, the trainers who do so choose to take this intimidating path must be ambitious and determined, unfaltering in their will and confident in their ability to succeed. For many, the decision to enter the darkness of the forest is therefore a rite of passage; it represents the conscious decision to become a trainer and take charge of one's own life, in spite of obstacles and boundaries.

Magus Road is a thick forest at the edge of Foolcliff's park, teeming with wildlife and thriving with flora. The thick trees provide a satisfactory amount of maneuverability, but their leaves grant far less compromise; a dull shade reigns within the forest, and sunlight rarely (if ever) permeates the clouds of foliage overhead. You see that deeper areas of the forest are entirely cast in shadow, making travel (and even vision) difficult without a source of light... Not to mention the inevitable encounter with some agitated swarm of pokemon.

Those with the courage to approach the forest's edge will notice a clearing not far away, where the elusive sunlight shines down brightly. A beautiful splash of roses and lilies are scattered within it, and a stone sculpture stands proudly amongst them; it depicts a human standing tall and sure, his finger directed to the sky in determination. It's an invigorating sight.

It appears a maze of thin roads was once implemented, as you notice the dirt paved path leads directly into the forest... But it looks like it's fallen into disrepair, with sections of it covered in plantlife or simply ending abruptly. Finding your way through might be difficult.

...The highway goes around the forest, however. Apparently Foolcliff got tired of traveling through this wretched bane of navigation and constructed a highway some time ago. You could catch a ride or walk to the next town if you'd like to. But really, where's the fun in that?

{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdEh5TjY3c04wQXlUaUNzeGpzYlE3N 1E&hl=en&authkey=CIfftuUF)
Bishop finds a trainer easily enough; a nearby park contains a young woman with a small bird, standing amongst a patch of trees and bushes. You see that she's holding a short baton of sorts, directing the small bird as it flies close to the ground; it's brown feathers seem to brush against the grass elegantly... It's actually a bit impressive, if only aesthetically.

They're preoccupied with the little performance, so they don't seem to notice you.

Bad Situation
2011-04-09, 12:12 AM
Bishop scans the brown bird, hoping the beep from the Pokedex doesn't interrupt what seems to be their routine.

"Is she a coordinator?"

He waits for their trainer and her pidgey to come to a stop before asking, "Oi, what are you doing with that baton?"

Namillus
2011-04-09, 05:19 AM
Matthew sighs, shaking his head to Ivan. "I let her go. She was just a kid, it must have been horrifying to screw up like that. Nobody died in the end, so there's that."

He smiles at Psycho. "Nice to see Psycho's better."

IcemanJRC
2011-04-09, 10:53 AM
Ollie rubs his head,
Well... Actually, I wanna breed the perfect pokemon. Find the perfect balance, it'd be smart, strong, fast. I just wanna do that...

Handy frowns and whines,
You're perfect too Handy and you know I think that.
Handy hits his head with her tail and points to the forest, Magus Road.

Oh my, don't worry, we'll do this.
Handy scurrys behind Ollie's head and Ollie looks to Collin,
Ready? This is wear boys become men.

Green Bean
2011-04-09, 02:06 PM
Colin is already heading into the the forest. He may have problems around people, but dark and spooky? No problem. Solly bobs along on his trainer's shoulders, apparently still asleep. "C'mon, I wanna see that statue!"

IcemanJRC
2011-04-09, 02:26 PM
Ollie takes a deep breath and jogs after Collin.
Alright I'm coming, watch out though, this is wear wild pokemon hang out, don't want them to get the jump on us.

Handy laughs and races ahead to the statue.
Wait up Handy!
Ollie races after her.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-09, 02:33 PM
Depths of Magus Road: Laura
Laura Ray runs hurriedly into the forest, fleeing from the town of Foolcliff. The trees enclose around her, and her feet patter against the overgrown grass, her every step taking her further into the unknown depths of Magus Road. The shadows reign in her midst, obscuring her vision as she runs blindly into the forest until her shins finally catch something dense (and painful, she realizes) laid into the ground. She stumbles and falls to the ground immediately, finally giving her the opportunity to look at her surroundings. She knows it's dark, but with this pause she now sees that... Oh.

Oh my.

It's really (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdFF2WkFNX3JXbUR5MzhRY3VTbFU3U 0E&hl=en&authkey=CPLUmrIJ) dark.

A cursory glance behind you reveals a chunk of stone; about 30 centimeters high, with a flat base. It appears to be hand made. You could inspect it further... But the hissing within the forest leads you to believe you might not have the luxury.
Luckily for you, there appears to be a bright light up ahead, permeating the darkness. At the center of the light is a small, purple and black pokemon, with tiny translucent wings. It doesn't seem to have noticed you.

{{You have vision of up to 1m. Illumise emits a glow revealing objects within 2m.}}

Foolcliff Park: Bishop

The woman peeks over her shoulder at Bishop, twirling the baton in her hand before dropping her arm. Her pokemon, which the pokedex identifies as a Pidgey, flies a quick halo before landing.

She turns to him, saying nothing. Instead, she raises the slim baton once more, appearing much like an orchestra's conductor. Her Pidgey immediately takes to the air, and she swipes the little baton in a single, fluid motion before her face. Her Pidgey follows the path of the baton, making little circles and nosedives with every twirl and wave of her hand. She never utters a word, but her pokemon seems capable of understanding her intentions regardless.

After a brief demonstration, she drops her arms once more; the bird lands comfortably by her side. She wordlessly faces the palms of her hands to Bishop, directing them to the Pidgey.

"...Tada."

Bad Situation
2011-04-09, 02:44 PM
Bishop stands, confused and not entirely sure what to make of the situation. Not knowing what else to do, Bishop awkwardly claps his hands. She was probably some kind of coordinator, normal trainers rarely came up with such flashy routines.

He'd never been able to wrap his head around Pokemon coordinating. On one hand, it was training. A different sort of training of course but impressive nonetheless. On the other hand though, it seemed ultimately useless. As dazzling as the displays were they were hardly effective in combat, something that irked him to no end.

"Thank you?"

He pauses for a moment, as if planning his next move.

"You're a coordinator I take it?"

Drogos
2011-04-09, 03:31 PM
Gywn is curious to see what happened to the fleeing girl. She heads down into the woods from the same direction she'd saw the girl run earlier. She had heard that the other trainers that were involved with the school disaster were heading over that direction as well. If she couldn't fin the fleeing girl, she would hopefully run into one of them.

Come Sirocco. Lets see what this forest has to offer. I wonder if there will be any flying type pokemon worthy enough to join us.

Murrrr.
The Murkrow is once again sitting on Laura's shoulder pad and nods in agreement.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-09, 04:17 PM
Matthew sighs, shaking his head to Ivan. "I let her go. She was just a kid, it must have been horrifying to screw up like that. Nobody died in the end, so there's that."

He smiles at Psycho. "Nice to see Psycho's better."

"Yeah. Well, that's not the worst fight we've been in." Ivan replies, the Ralts on his head streching.

"Anyway, I was thinking I'd take the gym challenge here. Want to join me? It's always nice to have someone to talk to on the road, after all."

Woodsman
2011-04-09, 04:36 PM
Jack will follow Gwyn. "Mind if I tag along?"

Namillus
2011-04-09, 04:36 PM
He nods, thoughtfully. "Sounds interesting. It would give me an opportunity to understand more about the world, too."

He smiles. "I suppose you'll need to meet my partner then." He opens the Pokéball at his hip, releasing... another Ralts, almost exactly identical to Psycho. "Say hi, Masa."

Masa tilts his head, before bowing elegantly to Ivan and Psycho.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-09, 04:47 PM
Ivan facepalms.

"Wow. Two Ralts in the same traveling group. Who would have thought." He mutters, before rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"Right. Care to get going now?"

Namillus
2011-04-09, 05:06 PM
"Alright then." He nods with amusement, picking up Masa. "Magus Road first, then, or do you want to check out the park?"

Drogos
2011-04-09, 05:57 PM
Gwyn turns to see the boy who talked to her earlier. She blinks in surprise.

Oh its you again. Jake or something right?
Sure you can come with, its probably not the best to be traveling in unknown wilderness all by myself. I was going to try to find that girl from before and make sure shes okay. At the very least there may be some cool pokemon in there.

Woodsman
2011-04-09, 06:05 PM
"Jack, he corrects her gently."Well, she might not want us to follow her. Either way, it's worth exploring."

HappyBlanket
2011-04-09, 10:44 PM
Depths of Magus Road: Colin and Ollie
{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdHREQ0d2T1VNNEI3dXhwbHh2VGt1T lE&hl=en&authkey=CMi6p-kL)

The group trots up to the statue, and Handy plays by it's side. The little Aipom appears to be having fun, jumping and poking at the marble with excited fits of bestial laughter. It continues to do so despite Ollie's warnings.
Until the stone starts shouting.

Handy jumps back suddenly, pursued by a single phantasmal creature that appears to phase through the statue itself. An outbreak of screaming roars throughout the air, creating a chorus of several such shrieks that resonates throughout the clearing.

A frenzied ruffling breaks through the upper echelons of a nearby tree; a group of red winged avians breaks away from the trees, entering the clearing. It doesn't look like they enjoyed the awakening.

She bows stiffly as Bishop claps, still silent. She pauses lastingly at the peak of her bow, and her hair falls over her face. When she eventually straightens herself, her face is once again inexpressive and silent... Save for the slightest hint of subsiding blush.

She nods fiercely at his assessment, confirming it; she was a coordinator. Her eyes fall over Loki for a moment, then go back to Bishop.

"...Sarah. Coordinator." she says, pointing her baton to the Pidgey. "...Trainer, also."

Depths of Magus Road: Gwyn and Jack
{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdGxjQjVqb1o5ZVFmZHR5NEtGdnNZS 2c&hl=en&authkey=CPG-rJEE)

The two walk further into the forest, soon approaching the impermeable darkness. Their path is mostly uninterrupted, but they eventually spot a small creature up ahead; it appears to be a purple balloon of some sort, with two string like arms hanging beneath it.

...It looks lost, actually. It doesn't seem to have noticed you yet, but it's rather fidgety. It might run off at any moment.

You hear some snarling in the area.

{{You have vision of up to 1m}}

The-Mage-King
2011-04-09, 10:46 PM
"Alright then." He nods with amusement, picking up Masa. "Magus Road first, then, or do you want to check out the park?"

"I'd say the road. I mean, what's the worse that can happen?"

Gorgondantess
2011-04-09, 11:20 PM
I'm going to note that Laura knows her way around forests very well, having spent most of her live in/around one.
Damn. Why did I go so far...? Stupid, stupid.
But it seems that fate favors her, at least for today (or, well, this very moment- other than that she's kindof been at the butt of fate's cruel, cruel jokes): a pokemon. A glowing pokemon. A glowing pokemon that would be no match for her Gastly.
She throws out her pokeball so that it lands right near the illumise.
"Mean Look!"
Gastly slowly spins around the pokemon, a hard, set, implacable look in its eyes.
Oh and I also activate intimidate.:smallamused:

Bad Situation
2011-04-09, 11:22 PM
He smiles an odd smile at this particular piece of information. Grinning, he steps forward and asks, "Well then, how would you feel about a battle?" Bishop smirks and continues, "I'll warn you now though, Loki is a fierce warrior."

When he turns down to affirm his partner's readiness he sees Loki 'fiercely' napping in the grass.

"...he's just conserving his strength right now."

Bishop mentally applauds himself for his smooth save. "So what do you say?"

Namillus
2011-04-09, 11:43 PM
"I'd say the road. I mean, what's the worse that can happen?"

He nods in agreement. "Let's be off then." He turns and heads for Magus Road, still carrying Masa.

Drogos
2011-04-10, 12:56 PM
Gywn sees the floating creature an scans it with her pokedex though she is already vaguely familiar with it. She walks slowly towards it in a non-aggressive way with one hand extended palm slightly up as if offering for a hand shake. She whispers to Jack.

Pstt... don't scare this thing off, I'm trying to capture it. Thats a Driftloon, its a ghost/flying type. theres a couple people in my family who uses those ghost/fliers, but not many. Not really sure what its capable of.

Sirocco, stay alert.

Woodsman
2011-04-10, 03:23 PM
Jack nods. He's more concerned about the snarling he hears.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-10, 08:08 PM
He nods in agreement. "Let's be off then." He turns and heads for Magus Road, still carrying Masa.

Ivan follows, Psycho still perched on his head and keeping an eye out for trouble.

Note that Psycho hasn't been returned to his Pokeball since Tracing Ghastly...

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-11, 03:17 PM
Ren, assuming he saw the other trainers from before enter the forest, enters as well following the same general path - if he bumps into them, he may find some traveling companions. Despite being a fairly solitary individual, he knows the value of friends in the wilds.

If he didn't see them, he'll just go traipsing off into the forest in a pretty random direction until he finds something of interest.

Green Bean
2011-04-11, 03:56 PM
Colin stumbles back from the oncoming birds, activating his Pokedex scanner as he does so. He glances over at the phantasmal creature - if the thing kept screaming, it would attract even more wild Pokemon. "Solly, use Shadow Ball!"

Basically, shifting backwards until Colin and Solly have a clear line of sight to the ghost, then commanding Solly.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-12, 05:10 PM
Sarah stares inexpressive and unconvinced at the lizard laying to Bishop's side, the Pidgey to her side doing much the same. Her sight strays to the sky above, and she absently taps the baton upon her forehead in thought. Eventually, she reaches into a small pouch at her side, removing from it a few coins; you recognize a sum of 100pk, which you surmise to be a wager. Looks like she's accepted.

Speed Order:
7 - Pidgey
6 - Loki

Gwyn slowly approaches the Drifloon, ignoring the snarls in the shadows; a decision with quickly apparent consequences. A flash of black fur and barred fangs bursts from the darkness, smashing itself into her unwary side.
Tackle
Accuracy DC 3: [roll0]
The Drifloon, clearly terrified by the Poochyena's appearance, rises high into the air. The snarling in the dark continues.
Speed Order
9 - Sirocco
8 - Poochyena
7 - Drifloon
4 - Rex

Private:
Speed Order
9 - Sirocco
8 - Poochyena D
7 - Drifloon
6 - Poochyena A
6 - Poochyena B
4 - Rex
4 - Poochyena C

Bad Situation
2011-04-12, 05:33 PM
"Good, you won't be disappointed," he says, wagering a similar amount in kind.

Smirking inwardly, Bishop calls for Loki to get into a ready position. This is just the type of battle Loki needs, having never fought a flier before, he would be able to practice in case of a serious battle. Win or lose he would take what he could from the fight.

"Loki, hold back on your attacks until the Pidgey takes an attack of its own. When it comes close, give it a taste of your Dragon Claw."

(Move to G4 on Loki's turn and delay a Dragon Claw)

Woodsman
2011-04-12, 05:49 PM
"Gwyn! Are you OK?" Jack calls out, recognizing the Poochyena. "Be careful, there are probably more!"

"Rex, use Bite!" he commands.
((I know Rex is at the end))
Acc: [roll0]

Drogos
2011-04-12, 07:22 PM
Gah! That hurt!

Gwyn shifts backward awy from the black dog.

Sirocco! Punish that lowly beast! Spiraling Lotus!
The Murkrow flies to intercept the Poochyena should it strike at his trainer again. It dashes forwards and begins to spin, beakfirst twoards the opposing dark type.

Drill Peck
Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage(Flying)[roll1]+[roll2]=

IcemanJRC
2011-04-12, 08:17 PM
Ollie sighs,
Collin I'll handle the birds till you can get a grip on banshee over here, alright?

Ollie directs Handy towards the birds before Collin can respond, but he's sure they were sinking along the same lines.
Come on Handy, let's handle this.

Handy will shift towards the Spearow in J3, as close to J2 as possible.

Handy uses Scratch if close enough.
Spearow(J3)
[roll0] Needs to beat a 2.

[roll1] Damage
[roll2] STAB
[roll3] Life Orb STAB
((I believe that I did everything for combat correctly...))

HappyBlanket
2011-04-13, 06:43 PM
Depths of Magus Road: Matthew and Ivan
{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdGhidFAxOWdCdE5CcWotN1AtUHRMS Hc&hl=en&authkey=CMuCxKUG)

The two enter the darkened forest, each Ralts perched comfortably upon it's respective trainer; Masa in Matthew's arms, and Psycho on Ivan's head. Glowing overhead, the morning sun is soon veiled by the curtains of green, leaving the trainers in the semi-darkness.

It isn't long before they find a clearing; not uncommon within the forest's outskirts. What lays within the clearing, however, is another story;

Most notably is a small cluster of what appear to be purple rags, hovering slightly above the ground like little makeshift dolls. Each one appears to shiver and cower in place, and you notice them shying away from the sunlight.

Surrounding the group of panicked creatures is a number brown pokemon with long ears and light tufts of fur. Each one ruffles it's coat with bestial snarls and growls, making their intents clear to the frightened minority.

Neither group seems to have noticed you.

Speed Order:
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
7 - Psycho
5 - Masa
5 - Shuppet A
5 - Shuppet B
5 - Shuppet C

Sarah raises her baton, calling her Pidgey to attention. She swings the little instrument with a single, slicing motion to her left.

The Pidgey takes flight with a soft beat of it's wings, gliding through the air with ease.

Handy runs up to confront the Spearow; but they're too high for her to reach.

Speed Order:
11 - Handy
11 - Solly
9 - Misdreavus
8 - Spearow A
8 - Spearow C
7 - Spearow B

Private:

Speed Order:
11 - Handy
11 - Solly
9 - Misdreavus A
9 - Misdreavus B
9 - Misdreavus C
8 - Spearow A
8 - Spearow C
7 - Spearow B

The-Mage-King
2011-04-13, 07:05 PM
Spotting the two groups, Ivan mutters something under his breath.

"Right. Matt, howsabout we each catch one of each?" He asks quietly, reaching for a Pokeball.

Green Bean
2011-04-13, 08:11 PM
Solly grabs a handful of shadows and flings it at the screeching Pokemon.

Move info:
Shadow Ball – Ghost
EOT – 2
Ranged - Special Attack
5d10
Shadow Ball lowers the foe’s Special Defense 1 Combat Stage on 17-20 during Accuracy Check.

Namillus
2011-04-14, 06:56 AM
"Right."

Matthew sets Masa down in front of him, nodding to the Ralts reassuringly, and digs out his own Pokédex as he draws sword.

"I wonder why they're threatening those three... Masa, Trace one of them -" he indicates a Buneary - "then wait for my orders."

Masa nods to him, focusing on the nearest Buneary.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-14, 06:00 PM
Keeping Psycho on his head, Ivan points towards one of the Buneary (I4).

"Use Psychic on that one." He orders, before looking to Matt as the Ralts glows with psionic energy.

"Does Masa know any attack moves? If not, have him use Growl."

HappyBlanket
2011-04-14, 06:26 PM

The Seviper lashes out it's tongue, assaulting Illumise in a bout of hissing and fang.

Lick

Accuracy DC3: [roll0]
Super Effective: Damage x2

The Buneary act as a single, united troupe. They growl irritably, and their eyes appear to shimmer with the slightest tinge of crimson.

The shadows hit the phantom hard; it perishes on the spot, removing it's screeching voice from the chorus... Which, you notice, persists even after the creature's death, albeit with one less voice.

Solly and Handy gain 75 experience points for defeating the Misdreavus.

The screeching amplifies, and it's source is soon apparent; seems like whatever Solly just felled had some friends. Two creatures resembling the fallen spirit fade into view, dismissing their shrouds of invisibility.

The Spearow dive with avian precision, spreading themselves about the clearing. One plummets to the ground and assaults Handy with a single strike of it's beak.

Peck

Accuracy DC4: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]

The remaining birds charge forward, descending upon the trainers.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-14, 06:53 PM
Laura grimaces. The situation wasn't looking particularly good...
"Illumise, use sweet scent on the seviper."
As she speaks, she rushes towards the one threatening Gastly, lunging forwards with her kunai.
So...
[roll0] paralysis check for the illumise. Speed should be 4.
If it works, both seviper should be well within sweet scent range (5 metres), and accuracy checks are reduced by 3 (I think- AFB).
Then, she'll attack the nearest one with kunai:
[roll1] 6 is the number sans sweet scent (alliteration!), or 3 with.
Damage:[roll2]
...Nice.:smallcool:

Bad Situation
2011-04-14, 07:15 PM
"Now's your chance Loki! Jump into the air and slam it into the ground with your Dragon Claw!"

He hadn't expected the Pidgey to fly within range, but a Blackwood never questioned a good thing. He would chalk this up to her relative inexperience, because the alternative was a tad unsettling.

[roll0] - Accuracy Check
[roll1] - Dragon Claw Damage

Namillus
2011-04-15, 07:56 AM
Keeping Psycho on his head, Ivan points towards one of the Buneary (I4).

"Use Psychic on that one." He orders, before looking to Matt as the Ralts glows with psionic energy.

"Does Masa know any attack moves? If not, have him use Growl."

He nods. "Good idea. Masa, close in a little and Growl." He glances to the suddenly-nervous Ralts. "Don't worry, I've got your back."

The-Mage-King
2011-04-15, 12:13 PM
Just after the rabbits start to move, Ivan removes a Pokeball from his side, and Psycho pulls the targeted on towards the group, aiming to make it slam into the held pokeball.

Now then... Psychic

Acc:
Damage: [roll1]+[roll1d4

If it hits and doesn't outright kill the rabbit, it'll be pulled directly towards Ivan, and he'll gently bomp it with the Pokeball, hopefully capturing it.

Green Bean
2011-04-15, 12:32 PM
"Ahhh!" Colin flinches back from the diving birds, pulling out his trusty rake to defend himself.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-15, 05:23 PM
Sirocco's devastating spiral stabs brutally into the feral beast, whipping it upon it's side. The Poochyena collapses on contact as the wind is wrenched from it's lungs; it's badly injured, and appears to be down for the count.

Above, the Drifloon continues the escape; you see it expelling a great breath of air, quickly deflating even as it rises. At the apex of it's ascension, it seems significantly smaller.

Up ahead, another pair of beasts charge from within the shadows, bursting into your sight with fangs bared.

Speed Order:
7 - Seviper A
7 - Seviper B
4 - Illumise

Laura's knife strikes true, gashing the Seviper's scales with a well placed strike; the snake recoils somewhat, but it's far from finished. It glares back to the trainer, it's tongue hissing venomously.

Pouncing forward, the snake lashes it's thin tongue forward, repaying the favor.

ICTAH included.

It's partner is soon to follow; it strikes Illumise in a similar manner.

Accuracy DC3: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

The cerulean flames shred at the Pidgey, delivering what is easily perceived to be rather significant pain. But it seems it wasn't enough; the Pidgey, though shaken, is far from beaten.

Sarah appears briefly shaken, her eyes widening at the attack; the baton jolts abruptly between her fingers. She bites her lower lip somewhat nervously, but then quickly regains her composure; a trusty trick for coordinators and trainers alike.

She twists her baton with a single twitch, then sweeps it to the side.

The Pidgey ruffles it's wings at Loki, releasing tiny motes of sand in his face.

Accuracy Check DC3: [roll4]
No damage.

Sand-Attack – Ground
EOT – 2
Ranged - No Damage
Effect: 1 Target, Spray
Sand-Attack creates a Spray 2-meters long and 75˚ wide. All Legal Targets must roll +1 during Accuracy Checks for the remainder of the encounter.

It continues it's flight, rather noticeably distancing itself from Loki's claws.

Depths of Magus Road: Ivan and Matthew
((The pokemon round has not ended yet. It is Masa's turn.))

The Buneary ahead suddenly goes limp, a rather silly drop of saliva hanging from it's mouth. Before it gets the chance to collapse, it immediately lurches backwards, moving through the air like a marionette as it plunges into the bushes.

It's head knocks dully into the pokeball, hanging there briefly before becoming engulfed by the red flare; the Buneary is converted to energy even as it's ears catch up with the body's momentum, vanishing into the confines of the pokeball.

The little device twitches and blinks, then stops. Inside, the Buneary lays content and at peace.

Despite their abyssal intellect, the remaining Buneary seem to have noticed the ally standing directly in front of them as she's whisked into the bushes.

Drogos
2011-04-15, 07:19 PM
Hahah! Good Sirocco!

Gwyn gets ready to shout new commands to her Murkrow and then takes out her pokedex with one hand to scan the attacking creatures. With her other she reaches for her chain weapon at her hip.

Bad Situation
2011-04-15, 09:46 PM
"Keep it up Loki, press the advantage."

Things were going well, in light of the sand-attack Loki looked just fine and the Pidgey was injured. The ball was squarely in his court now. Bishop's eyes flickered to life and pressed his lips into a thin line. The Pidgey was wary, but that only meant that the battle was almost his. A move made in desperation was hardly a move at all he remembered his father saying. Likewise, he would need to keep his cool. No sense believing the battle won.

(Move to H6 to take cover)

HappyBlanket
2011-04-16, 10:53 AM

Sarah stiffly whips the baton, ending the aggressive stroke upon Loki's location.

Bad Situation
2011-04-16, 01:35 PM
"Now's your chance Loki, rip through any and all opposition!"

Ripping through something did sound kind of disgusting though...And that girl seemed to be in an awful lot of trouble for killing the Sentret. With this in mind he adds, "But uh, try not to kill it. By which I mean don't kill it at all. But don't hold back either, unless that would mean killing i-oh whatever! Metal Claw!"

(Metal Claw and end in H9)

[roll0] - Metal Claw
[roll1] - Accuracy

Gorgondantess
2011-04-16, 02:34 PM
Laura stumbles back as the Seviper strikes her, feeling her strength draining.
Dammit... Dammit...
She fumbles at her satchel, fingers swiftly growing numb.
"Gastly! Use hypnosis on this one!"
As the Seviper is sent to catatonia, she grabs a pokeball and brings it crashing down on its head.
Damn, those Sevipers are rolling really well.:smalltongue:
Anyways, accuracy check for hypnosis:[roll0], and I only need a 3 or better due to sweet scent. Either way, it's out.
That's actually a really good combo: I'm thinking of keeping the illumise for this express purpose. Still, it'd be kindof lame to waste xp on such a weak 'mon, and 2 uses of hypnosis would take just as long as a sweet scent then a hypnosis, AND would have a better chance of at least one of them hitting. Ah, well.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-16, 09:12 PM
((It is Masa's turn))
Masa and Psycho gain 20 experience points for capturing the Buneary.

Foolcliff Park; Bishop

The Pidgey charges forward, tackling Loki head on.
Tackle
Accuracy DC 3: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2]

Gastly gains 90 experience points for capturing the Illumise.

Green Bean
2011-04-16, 10:05 PM
"Solly, hide in those bushes to evade their attacks!"

Colin stood his ground, holding the rake one-handed so he could activate his Pokedex scanner once more.

Using my Trainer Action to scan the Spearow, commanding Solly to shift to E2.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-17, 02:12 AM
The Seviper groggily wobbles, it's head swaying sleepily as Gastly strikes. Slumping forward, it collapses upon the ground, drifting into a stupor.
Sleep DC16: [roll0]
It's counterpart lunges past the bushes, slithering beneath Illumise swiftly. It bursts through the foliage and strikes at Laura directly; but it's lashing tongue goes wide, missing Laura by a good 30cm.
Accuracy DC 3: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Again, ICTAH included.

Loki strikes the Pidgey down, and Sarah recalls it to it's pokeball. She silently hands a few coins to Bishop.
Bishop gains 100poke.

Namillus
2011-04-17, 09:24 AM
Looking nervous, Masa moves, then utters a low, trilling warble, laced with just enough menace to unnerve the remaining Buneary.

(Masa Shifts to I4 and Growls, affecting all not-captured Buneary and all Shuppets.)

Rolls:
Buneary 2: [roll0]
Buneary 3: [roll1]
Buneary 4: [roll2]
Shuppet 1: [roll3]
Shuppet 2: [roll4]
Shuppet 3: [roll5]

Target Number 2, each hit foe suffers -1 Combat Stage to Attack.

Bad Situation
2011-04-17, 12:06 PM
Bishop can't help but laugh when Loki strikes down the brown bird. Fortunately he catches himself before going into a full cackle. Blackwood's had standards after all. He does however kneel down and give Loki a good scratch on the head. Good work was to be rewarded, he would have to look into some Pokemon treats later.

"Thanks for the battle," he smirks, "still don't believe Loki is every bit the fierce warrior I said he was?"

Loki, for his part, wasn't asleep this time. Though this probably had more to do with the promise of a treat than any actual 'ferocity'.

"So what are you doing in park anyway? Practicing?"

Gorgondantess
2011-04-17, 01:54 PM
Laura stumbles back as the Seviper lunges forwards, falling to the ground.
"Gastly, use Spite on the other one!"
As Gastly's doing that, she fumbles around on the ground, looking for the pokeball that she'd fumbled, though it's dark, and she can't seem to feel anything... finally her eyes see a glint of red and white, and she trudges forwards to snatch it.
Twisting around towards the seviper, she stumbles again, and in her weakness crawls over towards it, and practically sitting on top of it, she clumsily connects the pokeball with the side of its body.
So...
HypnosisSpite:[roll0]
And paralysis:[roll1]
Woo-hoo.:smallcool:

HappyBlanket
2011-04-17, 04:49 PM
Depths of Magus Road; Ren (finally){map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdEJKMWV4YTF2OGFqZVhzQmtIRmdOY 3c&hl=en&authkey=COvYqqUL)
Ren Stentson, though initially at a loss for anything resembling an interesting sight, wanders through the darkened forest. The path is a dull one, but eventually fate rewards his patience; a small patch of lit grass appears up ahead, where a small group of large dragonflies buzz angrily through the air.

They hover intimidating over a lone pup of some kind; a poor creature apparently separated from it's pack. None of them have noticed you; perhaps due to the shroud of darkness.

Masa's screech echoes throughout the group, rattling the wild pokemon. The Buneary seem to stumble out of their stances, gripping their inconveniently colossal ears against their heads with futility.

The Shuppet, still noticeably terrified, huddle together at the sudden appearance of Masa and the equally sudden disappearance of one Buneary. Two appear too frightened to act, but the other picks it's head up, widening it's lips with an almost desperate yell; it emits a high pitched shriek, reverberating through the trees and piercing the ears of surrounding pokemon.

This is not a good day for bunnykind.

Screech DC 4
Buneary A: [roll0]
Buneary B: [roll1]
Masa: [roll2]

Screech creates a 4-meter Burst. All Legal Targets have their Defense lowered 2 Combat Stages.

Foolcliff Park; Bishop
Loki gains 150 experience points for defeating the Pidgey.

Sarah drops her gaze to Loki, examining the little salamander at length. She crouches over it, tilting her head over the little critter expressionlessly as her eyes inspect it... Until she eventually pinches Loki's cheek, breaking out into a wide grin; she covers herself with her hair again.

"Practicing. Yes." she answers, standing. Her eyes flit over to the forest for the briefest of moments before she continues. "Used to practice in the forest."

IcemanJRC
2011-04-17, 05:30 PM
Handy, try again, leap up and go for another Scratch!

Handy is gonna jump and use Scratch again, on the Spearow that hit her.

[roll0] vs 2

[roll1] Damage
[roll2] STAB
[roll3] Life Orb

Bad Situation
2011-04-17, 05:41 PM
This sounded suspicious.

"Used to? What happened that made you stop exactly?" he asks, looking past her, and into the now looming forest. "It doesn't look all that dangerous to me."

The-Mage-King
2011-04-17, 08:27 PM
"Trace the one that used Screech." Ivan says, slipping the pokeball that contains the newly caught buneary onto his belt.

Psycho simply nods, the psychic energy still flowing through him letting him copy the Shuppet's ability.

And Ivan moves his arm into a throwing position, another pokeball in his grasp, and launches it towards one of the cowering shuppets.

[roll0]

It was that or a knife towards a buneary. I chose that.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-17, 11:44 PM
Depths of Magus Road; Laura
The sleeping Seviper shimmers a brilliant scarlet as it's consumed by the tiny sphere; it vanishes from beneath Laura in an instant as it's body collapses, disappearing into the confines of the poke ball. The grayed node begins to blink for what seems to be an eternity.
Capture Rate: <60
[roll0]
It escapes, falling back to the ground; it remains in it's sleepy stupor.

The remaining Seviper twitches as the Gastly strikes, it's tongue freezing even as it lashes out. Briefly at a loss for what to do, it apparently contents itself with coiling around Laura instead, attempting to hold her in place.

Wrap
Accuracy DC 5: [roll1]
Trapped For: [roll3] Turns

...Wait a minute. Is... Is that stone moving?!

Depths of Magus Road; Colin and Ollie

Speed Order:
11 - Handy
11 - Solly
9 - Misdreavus B
8 - Misdreavus C
8 - Spearow A
8 - Spearow C
7 - Spearow B

Foolcliff Park; Bishop
She halts at the forest's edge, apparently determined not to go any further. Her baton, more a sixth finger than a mere tool, twirls absently at her hip as she looks to Bishop, mentally sorting the thoughts that rattle within her brain.

Her eyes look thoughtfully somewhere years away from here when she next speaks, peering wearily into the trees.

"Eight years ago." she begins, fiddling with the baton. "Sudden pokemon infestation." she continues in that laconic speech of hers as she backs away from the shade. When she next speaks, she looks directly into Bishop's eyes, biting her lips nervously as she pronounces the word with hesitant reluctance.

"Ghosts."

Depths of Magus Road; Ivan and Matthew
((It is still the Trainer Round))

The poke ball flies forward, engulfing it's target within the crimson light... and promptly releasing it. The pokeball falls to the ground, evidently broken.

I'm not even going to bother.

Bad Situation
2011-04-18, 12:16 AM
Bishop scrunches his face at this. "It can't be all that bad can it?" But she was obviously scared and the way she phrased it worried even him (though he would never admit it). He shakes off the shock and apprehension and settles his expression back into his familiar smirk. "Listen, you're a coordinator right? You can't expect to be cooped up in this town forever. I can take you through the forest and I'll show you that the Ghost pokemon are nothing to be afraid of."

Bishop hopes the panic doesn't seep into his words. He would rather she have confidence in him. And he would didn't want to enter the foreboding woods without a companion.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-18, 12:32 AM
Laura grimaces as the seviper wraps around her, crushing her.
"Illumise, tackle it!"
And as for Laura...
First the scuffle in the schoolyard, fleeing like a frightened child. And then the paralysis, fumbling at her pokeball, which swiftly proved useless anyways. And now, the Seviper, slowly crushing her to death. Weakness, pure and simple. How did she let herself succumb to such weakness? And on the first day of her journey...
No, this was just another trial. She wouldn't let herself succumb to the struggles that so many other succumb to. This snake was just another roadblock, one she'd swiftly do away with, as she did all others.
She might then say, enough is enough. She might even say, that she had had it with these mother****ing snakes in this mother****ing forest.
She hears a hiss by her ear, and turns her head, loathing in her eye. No, not loathing, but disgust- disgust at her weakness, and disgust at this vile creature that her brought her there. She looks the pokemon straight in the eye, as it opens its mouth wide, ready to bite.
Imagine the Seviper's surprise as she lunges forward with her head, with a snake's swiftness, and twisting her head around, bestially sinks her teeth into the Seviper's neck.
Tackle: [roll0], fails on a 1, Damage[roll1]
Unarmed: [roll2], fails on a 1 or 2, Damage:[roll3]

Green Bean
2011-04-18, 11:32 AM
Moving surprisingly quickly for a normally sedentary Pokemon, Solly dives headfirst into the nearby bushes, looking for cover.

Shift to E2

Namillus
2011-04-18, 01:10 PM
"Keep using Growl, Masa!" Matthew instructs as he steps adjacent to the nearest Buneary. "Make sure they can't hit too hard!"

Masa nods imperceptibly, continuing to warble creepily at the surrounding Pokémon.

Matthew, meanwhile, readies his blade and waits.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-18, 02:49 PM
Ren sneaks closer, Pokedex in hand, as he tries to identify the Pokemon.

"What are they doing?" he mutters to himself, trying to get a good view of the pup and how the insects were interacting with it.

Assuming the Yanma and the Poocheyna are not attacking each other and are not aware of our presence, Ren will order Fleece to use Thunder on the Yanma at F7 after the Pokedex has updated. If I've misread the situation he may respond more appropriately.

Woodsman
2011-04-18, 05:45 PM
"Attack that one again, Rex!" Jack says.

[roll0]
[roll1]

HappyBlanket
2011-04-20, 01:06 AM
Foolcliff Park - Magus Road; Bishop
Sarah briefly begins to edge away from Magus Road, but she hesitates to leave, instead peering into the depths of the forest with quiet trepidation; her expression slowly but surely reverts to that silent stoicism she so insisted on, revealing nothing of her thoughts as she quietly considered Bishop's offer.

A minute of uncomfortable silence goes by before she finally moves. When she does, it's straight into the forest, not sparing Bishop so much as a glance as she enters. When she's walked deep enough that it seems she might simply leave, Sarah twists her head to address Bishop, keeping her countenance blank.

"Coming with?"

The two head into the darkness of Magus Road, the midmorning sun shining above. Sarah pulls a trio of lilac sprays from her bag; two of them bring her Pidgey to consciousness, and the third she offers to Bishop (Bishop gains 1 Potion).

Though certainly not one to talk, the traveling coordinator does eventually participate in that most uncharacteristic of actions. Sure enough, shortly after an extensive yet disjointed series of laconic responses, Bishop finally manages to piece together a coherent description of his traveling companion.

Sarah Clubs was an amateur coordinator born in Foolcliff, with 0 ribbons and an equal amount of experience. She would travel with Bishop to La Papesse ("Next town."), but would return to Foolcliff soon after ("Busy"). She knew little of the surrounding areas, but of the forest she knew at least a tidbit more. She knew, for instance, that at one point the path along Magus Road was the primary method of travel for Trainer and non-trainer alike. But the outbreak of ghost pokemon changed that; travelers who walked by night found themselves surrounded by pesky little spirits, who apparently delighted themselves with childish pranks and funny (to them at least) games. Travelers who managed to push through regardless would find themselves hearing voices, or perhaps hallucinating. Eventually the towns decided to build a highway around the forest, to better assist adventurers in their travels, and to avoid further incidents.

The pair doesn't seem to find any ghosts in their travels (Sarah wordlessly directed her baton upwards... And upon realizing that she had merely pointed at trees and branches, she clarified; "Morning."), but their streak appears to end; A figure steps out of the shadows, so suddenly that Sarah almost raises an eyebrow. It doesn't seem to be a ghost, however... Rather, it looks more like a large insect of some sort, with a green carapace and fearsome blades mounted upon it's arms.

The Scyther glares menacingly at the pair, lifting it's talons in preparation. Looks like you've stepped into it's territory.

A small squad of shelled insects hang from the trees. They appear to be looking at you.

{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdFFQdE1BaldiUF9ZZ0RXbEZPbVREY 0E&hl=en&authkey=CJTu084D)

Sleep DC 12: [roll0]
The sleeping snake opens it's eyes, waking itself.

Laura's teeth dig into the creature's blackened scales, her tongue soon knowing the unpleasant taste of dirt and grass; it lays somewhere between nauseousness and triumph. The Seviper recoils furiously, whipping it's head high above it's helpless captive with a spiteful, cruel gaze; a cursory inspection of the creature's neck reveals not so much a scratch upon the monster's tough scales. The Snake, so comfortably holding Laura in place, tightens it's grip upon her body.

Wrape, because that's basically what this is:[roll1]
A ray of phantasmal light emanates from the stone; it strikes the Seviper squarely on the head, but doesn't appear to hurt it... Though the snake does appear a bit more shaky than it did a few seconds ago.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-20, 02:46 PM
Drawing close to the pokemon in the clearing, Ren jumps from the bushes with Fleece in tow.

"Alright, Fleece, that Poocheyna is in trouble! Use Thunder on those Yanma!"

Meanwhile, he grabs his styler and targets another insect with it.

SHIFT to I4
STYLER on Yanma at J6; befriend check
COMMAND Fleece to use Thunder on Yanma at F7
Accuracy Check: [roll1]
Damage: [roll]5d20+1d4+10
Fleece will then SHIFT to G4.

EDIT: Oops. Not quite sure what's wrong with the damage roll. Do all the different types of dice need to be rolled separately? Doesn't matter anyway in this case, I'm pretty sure I missed, but it'd be good to know.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-20, 02:51 PM
Laura scrabbles for her kunai, grabbing it and furiously stabbing at the seviper.
If that doesn't finish it, she calls out for Illumise to head in for another tackle.

She frantically, wide eyed stares at the stone that's come to her rescue. On the one hand, she's grateful...
But on the other end, it disgusts her that she's requiring the aid of...
What the hell is it, anyways?
Chain weapon attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]
And if that doesn't take down the seviper, Illumise's attack:[roll2]
And damage:[roll3]
If it does... hell, illumise can hit the other one.

Bad Situation
2011-04-21, 02:31 PM
The moment the green scythed creature drew near, Bishop knew he had to have it. Perhaps it was a holdover form his adolescence but to him swords still equaled 'cool'. And that pokemon was swords incarnate. It had to be his. But it was dangerous and he had a partner to take care of now. But ah well, that only made it more fun.

Thinking quickly he drew Sarah close and tossed her roughly behind him. "Stay down and help where you can. But that big green bug is mine."

There was a threat directly ahead though and Bishop fully intended on winning.

(I plan on moving to C4 and firing off an Ember at the C5 Kakuna.)

HappyBlanket
2011-04-21, 03:57 PM

If there's one thing a pokemon like Buneary hates, it's loud noises. Loud noises and large ears had a poor and abusive relationship with one another, and it frequently involved agonized screaming, irritated stomping, angry phone calls, the returning of birthday presents, and metaphors that derail after awhile.

Vastly annoyed, the Buneary decide to take action; they split in pursuit of the closest target, hoping to end the irritants.

The further critters screech bestially, leaping at the cluster of Shuppet with powerful legs and bared fangs. They can't reach the screaming phantom, but they settle for it's friends instead. Their hefty ears whip through the air like cudgels, slamming the two panicked Shuppet with the full force of the swing;
Pound
Accuracy DC 2: [roll0]

Pound
Accuracy DC 2: [roll2]

The rest turn their eyes upon Masa, quickly surrounding the poor creature with frenzied swiftness; they pounce at the little Ralts, punching their ears forward.
Pound
Accuracy DC 2: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Pound
Accuracy DC 2: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Depths of Magus Road; Ren
Speed Order
((...Surprise round? Make it Fleece's turn.))
13 - Yanma C
12 - Yanma F
11 - Yanma A
11 - Yanma B
10 - Yanma D
10 - Yanma E
4 - Fleece
4 - Poochyena

Capture Check:
DC <30: [roll8]

Base DC25, -15 for full health, +20 for level.
Roll modifier -25 for using a Styler.

Ren's styler wraps around the insect, twirling about it's frame with coils of light. Unfortunately, the Yanma simply tosses off the restraints without much difficulty, remaining free.

The others are caught unaware, momentarily shocked into inaction.

Your accuracy DC was 6, so it's a hit. And yes, they do need to be rolled separately, so make the damage roll in your next post.

Laura's knife lodges itself into her target, drawing a small sliver of blood. That seems to do the trick; the Seviper's muscles, already seeming to slacken as they struggle to restrain the Trainer, give way entirely, causing the injured snake to drift to the ground, coiling weakly at Laura's feet with a final pained hiss.

Illumise gains 105 experience points for defeating the Seviper.
Gastly gains 105 experience points for defeating the Seviper.

Confusion
[roll9]
It's fellow Seviper is just as lucky; fresh out of sleep, then immediately put into vertigo before a well placed strike from Illumise. It collapses on the spot.

Illumise gains 105 experience points for defeating the Seviper.
Gastly gains 105 experience points for defeating the Seviper.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-21, 04:26 PM
Laura staggers to her feet, and panting, but still going, drags the two unconscious sevipers over to a nearby boulder and lays their heads on the rock. She returns Gastly and Illumise, just to get them out of the way, then methodically curb-stomps the two Seviper.
That done, she takes the Kunai and cuts off the head and tail of the one she hasn't stabbed and slings it over her shoulder.
Back while she was living with her mother, the inaccessibility of decent food often caused her to "rough" it, hunting and gathering as needed. She'd use her kunai to take pidgeys out of the air, and became quite adept at hunting rattata as well.
Old habits die hard.
Business out of the way, she goes to the stone in order to satisfy curiosity.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-21, 04:50 PM
Ivan

"Matt, withdraw Masa! NOW!" Ivan says, a pokeball sliding into his hand from his side.

"Psycho, tell that Shuppet to stay in this Pokeball- it'll besafer than where it is! Then give that Buneary a toss!" he continues, spinning a pokeball around and sending it to the more injured Shuppet, indicating the Buneary that attacked it.

The ralts glows with psionic energy, lifting the Buneary with it's telekinetic abilities.

IcemanJRC
2011-04-21, 05:23 PM
Shrieking in anger, Handy leaps at the Spearow and wings her tail, the hand forming a large white claw.

Attack rolls made in previous post.

Namillus
2011-04-21, 07:02 PM
As Masa collapses, Matthew is already throwing the Ralts's pokéball towards the unconscious creature to keep it safe for now. Then, as Ivan makes to capture the Shuppet, Matthew charges the nearest Buneary, slashing down with his sword vengefully!

Trainer Attack with sword, DC 6: [roll0]
Damage (1d10+STR+DEX+STR): [roll1]

HappyBlanket
2011-04-23, 05:26 AM
Depths of Magus Road; Bishop Sarah is shoved unceremoniously behind her escort, permanently dragging the feminist movement back to the 18th century her eyes glancing waywardly to the little insects that littered the trees. It felt like it had been several ages since she last saw the little clusters of pokemon, but she remembered them well from her childhood excursions; she distinctly remembered being forced to spend a night in the forest thanks to the nasty little pests.

She flourishes her baton, looking warily at the cocoons as Pi rises.

Speed Order
13 - Sycther
7 - Pi
6 - Loki
5 - Kakuna
4 - Metapod

The Scyther ducks into the shadows, obscuring itself from the trainers. You see it move with a stunning beat of it's wings as it streaks over the surface of the ground, dashing into the dark at it's right side.

Pi takes to the air, spraying a cloud of dust into the eyes of a pair of Metapod.

Accuracy DC2:

Upon inspection, the stone appears to made from some manner of clay, with a peculiar mark crudely engraved upon it. A large crack lays upon it's face, with violet smoke rising in sporadic wisps.

It particularly expressive in comparison to other rocks.

Trembling up until this point, the stone soon reveals it's true nature; the violet aether swells forth, bursting into the surrounding air with a phantasmal rush. Dim green motes hover and glow, forming a halo of lights like an ethereal rosary.

At the center of the lilac mist, the viridian lights take the form of a crude face. A jagged maw flexes as if stretching, and a pair of haunting irises take form.

The eyes of the Spiritomb never gaze once at Laura; they stare above her head, or to her side, as if inspecting the air surrounding her. Whatever the reason for this, the Spiritomb seems to trust Laura, albeit with a fair share of wariness.

Depths of Magus Road: Colin and Ollie Handy's tail digs it's talons through the Spearow's chest, tearing feathers from her target with a brutal slice; the pesky bird falls to the ground, plopping against the grass with a soft crunch.

The Misdreavus cackle incessantly, floating forwards maniacally; one of them emits a wave of psionic energy that seems to ripple through the air. The other goads it onwards. At Colin and Ollie
Accuracy DC: [roll1]
Special: [roll2]
On 1 and 2: Lose 1 HP.
On 3: Lose 3 HP
On 4: Lose 4 HP

Psywave – Psychic
Battle – 5
Ranged - No Damage
Psywave creates a Spray 4-meters long and 60˚ wide. Roll 1d4; on 1 and 2 all Legal Targets lose HP equal to half the user’s level; on 3, all Legal Targets lose HP equal to the user’s level; on 4 all Legal Targets lose HP equal to 1.5x the user’s level. Do not apply weakness, resistance or immunity. Do not apply stats.

The Spearow continue their flight, descending the trainers with beaks outstretched.

Peck:Ollie:
Accuracy DC2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

Colin:
Accuracy DC2; [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Depths of Magus Road: Ivan and MatthewCapture < DC75 [roll7]
Maths:
Capture Rate 40. +15 for 25% HP. +20 for Level.
1d100 -2 for Capture Point. +5 for Pokeball.

The next pokeball flawlessly contains the frightened Shuppet, capturing the spirit within it's confines in an instant. It flies back to it's owner's hand, the creature within pacified.

Matthew's cut hits an opening in the Buneary's defenses, stabbing into it with brutal precision. The critter squeals with agony at the wound, but it soon redirects it's misery to rage; it glares lividly at it's assaulter, accompanied by it's allies as it retaliates. One of the creatues attacking the Shuppet breaks away to join them, flanking the armed trainer.

Pound
Accuracy DC5: [roll]1d20
Damage: 2d10+6

Accuracy DC5: 1d20

Accuracy DC5: 1d20

The remaining Buneary, suddenly robbed of what once separated it once it's target, charges forth. It swings at the screeching Shuppet with a swing of it's ears.

Accuracy DC2: 1d20
Damage:2d10+4

Namillus
2011-04-23, 07:08 AM
Staggering as the Buneary Pound him, Matthew straightens up and snatches a Pokéball from his belt, whipping 'round in an open-palm strike against the Buneary he attacked last time with the ball in his hand, in a capture attempt!

Green Bean
2011-04-23, 08:27 AM
"Agh!" Colin's joy at the ghost's inaccuracy is quickly cut short as the bird sinks its beak into his shoulder. Solly almost leaps forward to protect him, but Colin interrupts him. "Use your Shadow Ball on the ghosts, Solly; I'm fine."

To illustrate, he picks up his rake and takes a mighty swing at the Spearow attacking him.

Current HP: 38/72

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Bad Situation
2011-04-23, 09:30 AM
He would have to apologize later, for now there was a battle to win. "Alright, Loki! Blast that yellow thing down, we need to clear the area before that green bug gets back into range."

Looking unsure at the command, Loki spits a globule of fire at the hanging cocoon pokemon. Unfortunately, having not practiced the move ahead of time, the attack goes wide. Loki makes a noise that almost sounds like an awkward chuckle.

Bishop balks and his palm squarely meets his own face.

[roll0] - Accuracy Check
[roll1] - Ember Damage
[roll2] - STAB Damage

The-Mage-King
2011-04-23, 02:26 PM
"Tell that other shuppet to stay in this one, and neutralize the Buneary attacking the last one!" Ivan says, sending a pokeball towards the Shuppet that had been attacked first (the one that hadn't used Screech), before moving swiftly to behind another bush, away from the rabbits.

And the Ralts glows with psionic power again, picking up the buneary and holding it still.

Shifting to F1 so that Psycho can do his job and hold a Buneary in the air.

Capture chance! [roll0]+3

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-23, 03:19 PM
Unperturbed, Ren tries once again to wrap the Yanma with his Styler as Fleece targets the next in line with a Tackle attack at his command.

SHIFT nowhere
STYLER on Yanma at J6, this leaves 8 charges; befriend check [roll0]
COMMAND Fleece to use Tackle on Yanma at D9, shifting to D8 to do so
DAMAGE for Thunder: [roll1] + [roll2] + 10 = 32 damage.

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-23, 03:22 PM
Sorry, forgot Tackle rolls.
ACCURACY: [roll0]
DAMAGE: [roll1], potentially +[roll2] depending on the Yanma's weight class.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-23, 04:32 PM
Sits down on a rock near the Spiritomb, regarding it. Every fibre of her being just wants to collapse to the ground, maybe go to sleep... but there was still a wild pokemon nearby, helpful or no.
She stares it down for a few seconds, letting some tension build in the air, before finally speaking.
"So then... What'll it be?"

Woodsman
2011-04-23, 07:23 PM
"Attack that one again, Rex!" Jack says.

[roll0]
[roll1]

This post. Only "that one again" is the Poochyena in E5.

HappyBlanket
2011-04-24, 12:46 AM
Depths of Magus Road; Gwyn and Jack

Speed Order (updated)
9 - Sirocco
7 - Drifloon
6 - Poochyena A
6 - Poochyena B
4 - Poochyena C
4 - Rex

Sirocco and Rex gain 30 experience for defeating the Poochyena
The Larvitar digs it's teeth into the darkened fur of the beast, easily cracking bones and tearing flesh. The creature collapses to the ground, defeated. The victory is short lived, however; another feral canine bursts forth from the shadows, charging Rex's owner with all the rage incurred from the fall of an ally.
Sirocco and Rex gain 30 experience for defeating the Poochyena
Tackle
Damage: [roll1]The Drifloon looks warily at the ensuing battle below, it's eyes frantically searching the area for an escape.
((it is now the Trainer Turn))

Speed Order:
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
7 - Psycho
5 - Shuppet B
5 - Shuppet C

Psycho and Masa gain 20 experience for capturing the Shuppet
The Shuppet look into the darkness of the forest expectantly, as if waiting for something to arrive.
Matthew's Capture Roll: (Buneary)
Capture DC 65: [roll2]
MathsCapture Rate 40. +5 for Hp. +20 for Level.
1d100 +5 for PokeballThe pokeballs click open simultaneously, each spitting a flame of scarlet light that promptly consumes their respective targets. The Shuppet and the Buneary vanish within the confines of the pokeballs in the sudden flash, and the metallic spheres clamp shut. The nodule blinks insistingly, in time with low electronic beeps.

Ivan's pokeball once again falls silent, sealing his latest conquest within. Matthew's is soon to follow; the Buneary is safely caught.
Psycho and Masa gain 20 experience for capturing the Shuppet
Psycho and Masa gain 20 experience for capturing the Buneary

Depths of Magus Road: Bishop
A faint gurgling echoes within the cocoons, and bits of shell shift in place to reveal tiny mouths upon each of the hanging insects. The collective hive of creatures fire a salvo of silken threads, coating the branches in a matrix of delicate little strings.

They immediately retract the threads, tossing themselves throughout the trees with surprisingly quickness.

"...Bishop!" exclaims Sarah, bracing herself against the web; it catches onto her arms, sticking fast to her skin and clothes. She's not alone too; Bishop and Loki both find themselves coated with the disgusting thread, finding it harder to move in the gunk.

This... is going to require a lot of dice. Five pokemon used String Shot, catching Loki, Bishop, and Sarah. Eff.

Loki's Speed is temporarily lowered 5 combat stages.
Bishop is hit by four String Shots.
Sarah is hit by five String Shots.

Loki
DC4 [roll3]
DC4 [roll4]
DC4 [roll5]
DC4 [roll6]
DC4 [roll7]

Bishop
DC4 [roll8]
DC4 [roll9]
DC4 [roll10]
DC4 [roll11]
DC4 [roll12]

Sarah
DC3 [roll13]
DC3 [roll14]
DC3 [roll15]
DC3 [roll16]
DC3 [roll17]

Threaded
If a Pokemon has the Threaded Capability they may replace their turn’s Shift with a Threaded Shift. A Threaded Shift is when a Pokemon targets an object and shoots a strong, thin line of silk, or extends a vine from themselves, and then quickly retracts that silk, or vine, pulling itself towards the object if the Pokemon is lighter than the object or pulling the object towards the Pokemon if it is lighter then it is. The line of silk, or vine, may be up to 10 meters long. If you target another Pokemon or person with a Threaded Shift, the Accuracy Check is 6. You may still use a Move on the same turn you perform a Threaded Shift. If a Pokemon learns the Move String Shot, Vine Whip or Power Whip and does not have the Threaded Capability, they gain Threaded.

String Shot – Bug
At-Will – 3
Ranged - No Damage
String Shot creates a Spray 3-meters long and 45˚ wide. All Legal Targets within the Spray lower their Speed 1 Combat Stage. If a target is hit by String Shot for 5 consecutive turns, they are Trapped. If a target’s Speed Combat Stage has already been lowered 6 times, String Shot Traps them.

Depths of Magus Road: Ren
(you can state a revised command during the pokemon turn)
Speed Order
12 - Yanma F
11 - Yanma B
10 - Yanma E
4 - Fleece
4 - Poochyena

Fleece's fur sparkles with arcs of lightning, cackling forebodingly as the electricity simmers about it's body. With a roaring rumble and a thundering crack, a strike of light tears into the ground, blackening the dirt and searing the bushes with flecks of singed foliage. The blast echoes about the forest as the luminance subsides, leaving nothing but a rippling silence. Stray leaves flutter in the clearing, glowing orange with heat.

...You briefly wonder as to where the Yanma went, because they certainly aren't in the clearing.

Fleece gains 40 experience points for defeating the Yanma

The styler once more circles one of the buzzing insects; it's bound instantly, successfully restrained. It's fear instantly shifts to a peculiar trance; it floats purposelessly in place.

The remaining Yanma are not nearly as pacified; they're beyond frightened, and the two of them dart directly into the darkness. They appear to be fleeing, but you distinctly make out the sound of nearby buzzing. Looks like they aren't finished.

It's eyes scrunch up, then relax. They widen, then relax once more. The inexplicable process continues with almost aggravating silence as the spirit makes undecipherable faces at Laura, the little motes of light in it's ethereal form clustering and dispersing as it strains to do... Whatever in the world it's trying to do. It eventually comes to the conclusion that it's effort is in futility, so it finally stops.

It stares hesitantly at Laura again, the fluctuating form creating some absurd mockery of a humanoid expression; the Spiritomb's best impersonation of deep thought. After yet another silent pause of inspection, it inches further into the darkness, motioning for the exhausted Laura to follow. It's almost nervous in it's motions, and it's eyes dash over the trees, half expecting some violent creature to emerge.

It seems rather determined to go.

Gorgondantess
2011-04-24, 12:52 AM
Laura narrows her eyes at the Spiritomb, wondering just what it's leading her into... then decides better of it. Whatever will come at her, she's likely faced worse.
She summons Gastly, and reaching into her bag, administers a potion.
That done, she motions for Gastly to hover over her left shoulder, hefts the Seviper corpse over her right (letting it bleed out) and follows the Spiritomb to... wherever it may be going.
Potion heal: [roll0]

Bad Situation
2011-04-24, 01:31 AM
Bishop curses as the gunk sprays all over the forest. Biting back a few choice words, he attempts to tear some of the thread off his clothing and shouts an order to Loki, "I don't care how you do it Loki! Blow those stupid pods out of the sky!"

He spares a glance to the girl behind him and tries regards the situation calmly. "Just stay low, and have Pi take care of any of these nasty buggers."

Green Bean
2011-04-24, 09:02 AM
"Good job, Handy. Now c'mon back and help us out. Use Scratch on this crazy bird!"

Ollie swings his bat at the attacking creature while Handy moves in behind it.

Ollie commands Handy to come up behind the Spearow that's attacking him and use Scratch while using his bat to attack.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-24, 10:37 AM
"Alright, let's finish this!" shouts Ren, bolstered by Fleece's recent success. "Fleece, keep an eye on that dog!"

Turning to the recently ensnared bug pokemon to ensure that it is firmly under his control, he lifts his bow and tries to spot any injuries on the dog pokemon the Yanma had been bothering. Pausing for a moment, he lowers his bow and instead pulls out a pokeball.

Catch roll on next post.

Drogos
2011-04-24, 11:40 AM
Sirocco! Hit another one! Attack with Crane Strike!

Murkrow!

The Murkrow flies forward to hover about the head of one of the Poochyena and unleashes a series of lighting fast pecks to the attacking pokemon's face.

Murkrow flies towards Poochyena A and uses:
Peck – Flying
At-Will – 2
Melee - Attack
2d10

Attack:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]+[roll2]=

Then Gwyn points to the floating Drifloon and addresses it in a nonthreatening matter.

You there, floating denizen of the forest! Assist my partner an I from the air and earn a place by my side! My name is Gywn Featherston and I specialize in flying pokemon and you would be a perfect addition to our team of aerial combatants!

Woodsman
2011-04-24, 06:14 PM
"Rex! A bit of help!" Jack cries out, throwing his star at the creature.

Rex understands and moves back to Jack, attacking the new Poochyena
Jack: Acc-[roll0]
Dmg- [roll1]

Rex: Acc-[roll2]
Dmg- [roll3]

HappyBlanket
2011-04-25, 12:07 AM
???: Laura
The Spiritomb leads Laura through the trees, abandoning it's clumsy earthbound footsteps. The rune marked stone groans as it slowly ascends to match her height, and the violet fog of it's ethereal form wafts through the air with an almost disconcerting intimacy. That jagged face of the phantasmal creature seems closer to ease with every second in Laura's presence, inexplicably comforted by her as if she were an old friend, or perhaps a parent.

As you follow, you notice a few trees have been cut down; perhaps several dozens of years ago, judging by the surrounding foliage.

Time passes, and the sun (chanced through those rare blessings of light) slowly creeps across the sky. Laura's escort eventually seems to pause in it's path, and the cloud of lilac seems to surge and coil in meditative silence. Dimly glowingly lips part, and their edges rise. The spirit plows forward to what Laura surmises must be the destination; the Spiritomb ceases movement entirely, and nestles itself adamantly upon the ground.

It had not led her to civilization.

A low temple lays ahead, bearing the festering scars of time and ruin. Vines crawl shamelessly on the rotting wood, and the barred wooden fence lining the front porch has fallen into thorough disrepair over the years. A pair of double doors have been left ajar at the shrine's entrance, and a wide plank (a primitive lock) lays broken beneath it; evidence perhaps not of age, but of a rather unwelcome intrusion many years ago. It's a low building with a wide overhang, and the highest point of it's curved gabled roof lays only halfway above the branches.

Dust has settled, and no small amount of webs have accumulated. Apart from the occasional creaking, there is only silence within.

Surrounding the temple remains the darkness of Magus Road.

Speed Order (updated)
13 - Sycther
7 - Pi
5 - Kakuna
4 - Metapod
No 2 - Loki

Sarah nods determinedly, straining to lift her arm through the threads. She finally manages to swipe it at one of the pesky insects, directing her Pidgey onwards with an aggravated slash.

The Sycther flies forth from the shadows, taunting you with as it glides swiftly through the clearing only to vanish into the darkness once more, again out of sight.

Pi charges forth, screeching fiercely as it batters into a lone insect's side;
Tackle
Accuracy DC4: [roll0]

The Kakuna continue their onslaught, apparently intent on binding the group entirely; Sarah, finding her arm now firmly bound to a nearby tree, struggles in vain to do so much as move.

String Shot – Bug
At-Will – 3
Ranged - No Damage
String Shot creates a Spray 3-meters long and 45˚ wide. All Legal Targets within the Spray lower their Speed 1 Combat Stage. If a target is hit by String Shot for 5 consecutive turns, they are Trapped. If a target’s Speed Combat Stage has already been lowered 6 times, String Shot Traps them.

Loki[SPOILER]
DC4 [roll2]
DC4 [roll3]
DC4 [roll4]
DC4 [roll5]
DC4 [roll6]

Bishop
DC4 [roll7]
DC4 [roll8]
DC4 [roll9]
DC4 [roll10]
DC4 [roll11]

Sarah
DC3 [roll12]
DC3 [roll13]
DC3 [roll14]
DC3 [roll15]
DC3 [roll16]

Speed Order:
11 - Handy
11 - Solly
9 - Misdreavus B
8 - Misdreavus C
8 - Spearow A
8 - Spearow C
7 - Spearow B
((if your pokemon turn directly follows the Trainer Turn, you don't need to wait for me to post again. Just proceed to the pokemon turn.))

Speed Order (updated)
9 - Sirocco
7 - Drifloon
4 - Poochyena C
4 - Rex

The pecks stab deep into the Poochyena's skin, marking it with half a dozen little punctures. It faints almost immediately, adding to it's fellow fallen.
Sirocco and Rex gain 30 experience for defeating the Poochyena.

Above, the Drifloon stares lastingly at Gwyn as she speaks... until it leaves halfway through her sentences, interrupting her as it turns away as if embarrassed by the energetic declaration. It hurriedly flees the scene; you see it's body descending into the darkness of the trees ahead.

Jacks's throwing star slices the air past the Poochyena's fur, harmlessly embedding itself into the dirt. The creature grins triumphantly, but then spots the oncoming Rex, and the fallen Poochyena; it darts back into the shadows, concealing itself. It barks loudly as it does so.

((it is now Rex's turn, followed immediately by the Trainer Turn))

Bad Situation
2011-04-25, 12:33 AM
Bending down, Bishop attempts to scrape the white gunk off of Loki. They would need Loki at the ready if intended on winning this fight. "C'mon buddy, shoot what you can while I try to get all this off you..." he mutters idly, already busying himself with the strands of sticky thread.

[roll0] Strength Check
[roll1] - Accuracy Check
[roll2] Ember Damage That's a critical hit, 28 damage, doubled for weaknesses.
[roll3] STAB

(I'm still targeting C5 by the way.)

Gorgondantess
2011-04-25, 03:24 AM
Thoughout the trek, Laura is silent and unexpressive. Long treks were no problem and, well, she'd spent weeks on end out in the forest near her home (if you could really call it that) before... though she had to admit, this one is certainly a good bit less tame than that place. There, the only threat was the odd beedrill infestation, or perhaps an ekans bite- other than that, the creeks were filled with peaceful poliwag, and the trees and fields with sentret and pidgey- none of which made threatening action. But two seviper at once... well, at the least it was certainly a test of her abilities.
Laura stares over the... temple? stoically. But beneath that, her curiosity- and some small form of excitement- is piqued. She had the feeling that this was likely rather... important.
Begrudgingly, she abandons the Seviper carcass a good ways away from the entrance, digging it a shallow pit to be buried in and rubbing off its scent with some dirt. Bringing it with her would just be a burden, and leaving it in some other place would attract attention she didn't need. She'd just have to catch some other critter later.
That done, she turns to the Spiritomb, regarding it.
"Well then... I'd like to know I have your aid in this."
She pulls an empty pokeball out of her satchel, holding it up for its viewing.
"Of course, if you'd rather not, we can arrange to do this the old fashioned way at some later date." She smirks, almost hoping it'll choose the latter... once she rests up, that is. A battle with it now would likely end in the death of one of her pokemon, which would be rather counterproductive at this juncture.
Whatever action it chooses, she sends out her illumise to light the way. In true pragmatic form, she has it tread a few meters before her- so that while her path (and it) will be illuminated, she will not. Gastly she has turn invisible, floating over her shoulder.
And preparations ready, she delves into the temple before her.

Green Bean
2011-04-25, 07:40 AM
Handy jumps and slices at the Spearow attacking Ollie, in a valiant attempt to protect her trainer.

The limited light in the clearing seems to dim a bit more as Solly creates a ball of shadows and flings it at the Misdreavus attacking the two trainers.

Handy

To-Hit Check: [roll0] (required - 2)
STAB: [roll2]
Life Orb: [roll3]

Solly

To-Hit Check: [roll4] (required -2)

Moves:

Scratch – Normal
The user throws out their clawed arm, scraping the target’s body.
At-Will – 2
Melee
2d10
Effect: 1 Target, Pass

Shadow Ball – Ghost
EOT – 2
Ranged - Special Attack
5d10

Drogos
2011-04-25, 11:34 AM
Gywn frowns at the fleeing Drifloon but is relieved to see the Poochyena have been driven off.

Oh well, it was worth a try with that floating Pokemon. Maybe it will remember me when if I run into it again. Good work with those pooches Sirocco, they didn't stand a chance against our secret techniques.

Mur! Krow!
The pokemon chirps happily and alights back on Gwyn's shoulder pad. Gwyn then turns to Jack.

You and your pokemon did pretty good, but I can tell you aren't used to battles out in the wild like this. You kind of froze up there for a second. I wasn't too worried about it because I knew me and Sirocco had it under control but next time may be different...

Anyways, I want to go see if I can find that Drifloon again. Lets get out of these Poochyena's territory and go around another way. Sound good Jack?

The-Mage-King
2011-04-25, 08:43 PM
Nodding, Ivan grabs his last pokeball off of his belt.

"Now, slam it into the ground." He says, pointing to the floating buneary.

"RAL!" The psychic type replies, pounding the bunny into the ground mercilessly.

Acc, versus I don't even know what: [roll0]

HappyBlanket
2011-04-26, 05:28 AM
The shot of flame tears at the hanging Kakuna, instantly engulfing it in flame like some grotesque, shrieking lantern; it screeches and clicks in agony for what brief moments it has before it's thread burns away, leaving it to fall helplessly to the ground.

Loki gains 20 experience points for defeating the Kakuna.
And so does Pi, but that's seriously not important.

Speed Order
13 - Sycther
7 - Pi
5 - Kakuna
4 - Metapod
2 - Loki

Bishop tugs at the strands, tearing at the threads piece by piece; the strips fall lightly to the ground, relinquishing their grasp on Loki just enough to permit movement.

Sarah pulls forcefully against the strings clenching her arm, her free arm doing it's best to direct Pi once more; it repeats the action, directing Pi against the insect behind her once more.
Str Check DC13: [roll0]
The Scyther once more breaks through the darkness, slicing it's arms forward fiercely; it claws at Loki with a swift twitch of it's sharpened arm.
Quick Attack
Accuracy DC2: [roll1]
Pi repeats it's strike, circling tightly before building up speed for another charge against one of the pesky insects.
Tackle
Accuracy: [roll3]

Bad Situation
2011-04-26, 08:48 AM
"Damnit! Don't let it phase you Loki!" for all his bravado, Bishop could only curse at his misfortune. That scythe wielding was dangerous and its recent attack only proved it. He had intended on catching it, but prospects were beginning to look bleak.

He was going to have to battle it seriously. Nevertheless, he readied a pokeball. If he could keep it out of combat for even a single round it would be worth it.

"Loki blast that scythe pokemon with Ember."

[roll0] - Accuracy Check
[roll1] - Ember Damage

HappyBlanket
2011-04-26, 04:46 PM
Old Temple: Laura

The Spiritomb looks curiously at the pokeball, inspecting it with fascination. It's eyes glance briefly to the temple, then back to Laura, then back again as the thought mulls in it's mind before finally making a decision; it would join Laura. The aether curls swiftly into the pokeball with a chilling gust of wind, safely making itself a new home. It emerges shortly after, trailing beside it's new master.

Laura walks onto the front porch, stepping over the wreckage with ease. Upon closer inspection, she notices something etched into the wood beside the doorway: the faded words "Coeur House," neatly printed, but crossed out by something sharp. Over it, scratched into the wood with almost child-like sloppiness, is "Lo."

There's quite a bit of room between the planks on the ceiling, and Illumise's light soon becomes somewhat redundant; natural sunlight permeates the confines of the shrine in sporadic rays, illuminating the dancing dust like spotlights. Spiritomb, though entirely willing to follow it's newly trusted companions, seems a bit bothered by the light.

The first room is empty. It's somewhat small, being 6m wide and only 4m long. The ceiling lies about a meter over Laura's head; almost entirely consistent with the rest of the room. Opposite the entrance is another pair of doors; one also broken, the other intact.

Through the undamaged door is an even smaller room, with a floor littered with strewn articles of old and rotting clothes... Wearing them is probably the last thing on your mind, but they'd probably be tight even on Laura. The only exception are a pair of ceremonial robes, sized for adults, and hung from hooks on the wall as opposed to tossed carelessly upon the ground.
There's a rather disproportionate amount of sweaters and shoes, but you see a few sweatpants and even a dress in the midst of the laundry machine nightmare.

Past the broken door is another chamber, much like the first. It bears yet another broken door and yet another broken barricade. A few paper charms hang from the walls, and a few others lay tattered on the ground. A few faded wishes remain scrawled onto each, most of them asking for safety, comfort, and the like. A few others have nothing written at all, instead depicting a clumsy imitation of two children, in the form of two stick figures.

The final broken barricade creaks as it's swung. The final chamber is perhaps larger than all the rest put together, and it bears no other entrances or halls. A tattered pillow and blanket lay empty against the corner of the room, and a few chairs lay scattered against the ground. At the room's center lays a human skeleton.

It has a small, frail stature, and much of it has yellowed. You identify the rotted fabric to resemble a much smaller ceremonial robe and a small, modern sweater.

The building is devoid of life.

{map} (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap4zjLqDG_7sdFBrVTQ1ZzFweXlfbHgwM2JLeFgwd UE&hl=en&authkey=CNjrsKoM)

Speed Order:
11 - Handy
11 - Solly
9 - Misdreavus B
7 - Spearow B

Ollie's bat strikes as hard as he can possibly swing it, knocking the Spearow roughly; but it'll take more than a human to bring down a pokemon, and the Spearow (thought rightly bruised) is as battle ready as always. Handy, on the other hand, takes up the slack; her third arm easily sinks it's claws into the Spearow's side, suddenly rendering it somewhat... Less battle ready.

Handy and Solly gain 30 experience points for defeating the Spearow.

Colin's strike isn't nearly as lucky; the Spearow hardly feels the strike, brushing it off without much notice.

Solly fires the cluster of darkness at a Misdreavus, felling it as the shadows of the strike resonate and tear at the ghost's body. It doesn't kill, and instead leaves the creature flat on it's back, unresponsive.

Handy and Solly gain 75 experience points for defeating the Misdreavus.

The Spearow continues it's overhead assault upon Colin, fight in spite of it's fallen friends. The remaining Misdreavus circles the statue once more, firing it's own beam.
Grouping the boxes.
Peck
Accuracy DC2: [roll0]

Psywave
At Colin, Ollie, and Solly.
Accuracy DC: [roll]1d20[roll]
Special: [roll2]
On 1 and 2: Lose 1 HP.
On 3: Lose 3 HP
On 4: Lose 4 HP

Psywave – Psychic
Battle – 5
Ranged - No Damage
Psywave creates a Spray 4-meters long and 60˚ wide. Roll 1d4; on 1 and 2 all Legal Targets lose HP equal to half the user’s level; on 3, all Legal Targets lose HP equal to the user’s level; on 4 all Legal Targets lose HP equal to 1.5x the user’s level. Do not apply weakness, resistance or immunity. Do not apply stats.Depths of Magus Road: Bishop
The flames burst against the Scyther's abdomen, causing it to shriek in great pain... But not in defeat. As the embers simmer about it's form, the fiendish creature glares through the fire with vengeful eyes, intent as ever to end the life of it's latest prey.

Sarah tries again to swing her baton, and miraculously pulls herself free. Triumphant, she directs her pokemon verbally; "Again!" she says, making her way closer to Loki to provide assistance.

The Scyther raises it's blade, swinging it down with a loud cry of rage, it's wounds egging it onwards as it strikes the wounded Loki once more with a cruel slice.

Pi obediently follows through, striking the Kakuna with what Sarah hopes is a final strike... Only to watch her Pidgey fly past the immobile cocoon, showing all the fashionable elegance of a coordinator's trainee. If that trainee was a blind rabbit of some sort.

The hanging insects watch onwards.

Let's collect these spoiler boxes.
Sarah's STR check DC13:
[roll3]

Scyther's Quick Attack:
Accuracy DC2: [roll4]

Tackle
Accuracy: [roll6]

Drogos
2011-04-26, 05:29 PM
Gwyn turns to leave, hoping to follow the fleeing Drifloon or to find some flying types to catch instead.

Keep watch Sirocco. Fly overhead and stay hidden. Dive in when I say.

Bad Situation
2011-04-26, 06:10 PM
"Loki no!" Bishop watched on in vain as the scythe wielding pokemon tore into Loki's scaled abdomen to draw blood. He wanted nothing more than to heave the bug off of his battered partner, but the threads kept him firmly in place. Grimly he returned Loki to the safety of his Pokeball. Running out of time and for lack of a better option, Bishop threw the only thing he had on hand, the pokeball he had readied earlier. The metallic orb flew, glistened with his nervous sweat.

[roll0]

Woodsman
2011-04-26, 08:27 PM
Jack nods, picking up his throwing star and following Gwyn. "Thanks. I'll get the hang of it in time. Chasing after that Drifloon sounds good."

Gorgondantess
2011-04-27, 03:50 AM
Laura recalls Illumise, seeing that it would prove useless. She wanders the rooms with vague interest, almost disappointed. The only thing truly of interest is the skeleton... she'd seen a bloated corpse run aground at the river near her home, likely a drowned swimmer, though she smelled it before she knew what it was. It hadn't disturbed her much then- a dull, blunt apprehension, yes, but it soon passed- and this certainly did not. Rather, she felt something of disdain: the robes, the charms, she expected it might've been some ostentatious suicide or sacrifice.
She turns to the spiritomb, vaguely perturbed but still rather composed. "Well? Is this what you wanted me to see?"
I see "small chest" on the map, but not IC... if there IS a small chest there, Laura will most assuredly open it.:smalltongue:

Namillus
2011-04-27, 12:42 PM
Nodding in satisfaction as the Buneary is snared, Matthew turns his attention to one of the others and slashes at it, too!

Trainer Attack with sword, Accuracy DC 6: [roll0]
If hit, damage: [roll1]

Sheep Overlord
2011-04-27, 03:51 PM
The pokeball flies from Ren's hand towards the dog, engulfing it in a red light as it attempts to subdue the pokemon.

[roll0]

HappyBlanket
2011-04-28, 08:00 PM
Depths of Magus Road: Gwyn
The Drifloon soon sinks into the trees, haphazardly throwing itself through the forest in fright; haphazardly being the key word. Wherever it's running off to, it appears to be doing so quite desperately.
Eventually, the creature makes an abrupt stop, as if suddenly having it's attention grabbed by some silent force. It whisks itself off in a new direction, entering a particularly thick grove that obscures it's entrance entirely.

@GwynFor a moment, you seem to hear somebody whispering into your ear, though the words are indistinguishable. The voice is that of a young girl, and you cannot discern it's direction.
@Jack, if he followsFor a moment, you seem to hear somebody whispering into your ear, though the words are indistinguishable. The voice is that of a young girl, and you cannot discern it's direction.

Walking Encyclopedia; Undomesticated ghost type pokemon dislike sunlight.
((This feature is static, but unless you request it, I won't provide it's use unless I feel it to be of notable significance))

Do I really need to check that?
Loki's effort was not in vain; the wounded Scyther vanishes within the confines of the machine with a final shriek of primal bloodlust, screeching viciously. The Scyther's newest prison holds fast against the creature's rage, ending it's threat against Bishop once and for all.

Sarah Clubs says nothing, but hints of a smile peek from the corner of her lip at Bishop's triumph. Her arm freed, she turns once more to the bothersome pest behind her with newfound composure; she needed not panic. They would win this battle.

Her back against Bishop's, Sarah snaps her baton at the annoyance with silenced deliberateness. Pi follows suit with a sudden rise into the air, turning high above his target before dive bombing the Kakuna with a blunt charge, knocking it down at last.

The insects, though discomforted by the defeat of their strongest companion, decide the time has come for action; the Metapod launch themselves into the offensive, knocking Sarah with the blunt of their carapaces. The other sinks a single needle into Bishop's side, firing it from a small hole in it's shell.
Pi Tackles Kakuna A
Accuracy DC4: [roll0]

Metapod A Tackles Sarah
Accuracy DC3: [roll2]

Metapod B Tackles Sarah
Accuracy DC3: [roll4]

Kakuna B Poison Stings Bishop
Accuracy DC3: [roll6]
Poisons on a 17-20

???: LauraWoops.
The Spiritomb floats to the skeleton, apparently more perplexed by Laura's reaction than by the bones themselves. With a negative nod, the Spiritomb intently refutes Laura's guess; he did not bring her to see these fleshless bones.

It nestles itself comfortably upon the corpse's tattered fabrics, as would a dog in it's bed. And appropriately so, it seems to treat the skeleton just as furniture, paying it's presence little attention or disgust. In fact, it seems perfectly at home.

The Spiritomb's eyes stare expectantly at Laura, and it's face performs yet another attempt at human expression; a poor attempt, perhaps, but it's recognizable as a yawn.

The corpse has decayed itself into oblivion, leaving naught but it's bones and a head of long black hair.

At the furthest edge of the room is a depression in the wall, and within it is a plain tin chest, roughly the size of a child's toy box. There are no visible locks, but attempts to lift the lid appear to be in vain.

Matthew's cut gashes deep into the Buneary's chest, bloodying it's fur with crimson. It remains standing, however... More so, it's wounds seem to invigorate the little beast, and it snarls viciously with the prospect of retaliation.

Recklessly, the creature flings itself forward, slamming into Matthew with newfound vigor. It's remaining ally follows suit.

The Buneary in the process of attacking the Shuppet finally turns to Ivan instead, finally realizing the trainer's threat. It rushes Ivan, swinging it's ears forward to strike.

Buneary C Pounds Matthew
Accuracy DC5: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9] x1.5 (Last Chance) =

Buneary B Pounds Matthew
Accuracy DC5: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]

Buneary A Pounds Ivan
Accuracy DC4: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]

Depths of Magus Road: Ren
Speed Order
11 - Yanma E
11 - Yanma B (Befriended)
10 - Yanma F
4 - Fleece

Base Capture Rate: 40
-15 for Full Hp
+20 for Level
Final Capture Rate: <45

The sphere engulfs the frightened Poochyena, but the creature successfully escape the device. The capture attempt, doing absolutely nothing to calm to the creature, instead drives it away; it dashes off into the woods with terrified yelping.

One of the Yanma before decides to go on the offensive; it charges from the shadows and strikes Fleece with a simple tackle.
Yanma E Tackles Fleece
Accuracy DC 3: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]

((It is now Yanma B's turn, if you would like to command it during this round.))

Bad Situation
2011-04-28, 08:47 PM
Arms raised in triumph, Bishop didn't notice the needle until it imbedded itself in his abdomen. The pain, though admittedly sharp, was brief. Unfortunately the battle was unlikely to end there. Eyes darting about the treetops, Bishop weighed his odds.

Though individually weak, the number of pod pokemon was daunting in and of itself. And then of course was the fact that they were out of his range, swaying in the treetops above. Loki was down and Bishop didn't exactly trust his newly captured 'ally'. For lack of a better option, Bishop flips out his Pokedex. Hopefully the device would be able to determine any weaknesses the bugs had.

Namillus
2011-04-28, 09:42 PM
"Ivan, you alright?" Matthew calls out, flinging a second Pokéball towards the remaining Shuppet now it's out of danger, hoping to keep it safe for now as he works at holding off the other two Buneary.

Capture Check: [roll0]

The-Mage-King
2011-04-28, 09:57 PM
"Just fine! It'll take more than that to hurt me!" Ivan replies, a knife sliding into his hand as Psycho starts glowing angrily.

"Get that thing to here!" He continues, throwing the blade at the rabbit and holding the pokeball up for Psycho to throw it to.

Right. Attack Acc: [roll0]

And Psycho's attempt to hit my pokeball with it: [roll2]

And capture check: [roll3]

Gorgondantess
2011-04-28, 11:51 PM
Nobody could say Laura didn't have a foot-in-the-door kind of style. Or, in this case, foot-in-the-lid; she lifts her foot, and using the heel of her boot slams it down on the chest's lid a few times.
If that doesn't work, she just takes the chest and brings the crease of the lid down of a good boulder a few times.

Green Bean
2011-04-29, 07:34 PM
"Argh! Owie!" Colin takes the combination of razor sharp beak and psychic energy with dignity and restraint. Solly grunts Knowing Solly would need a moment to recharge, he decides to throw a Pokeball at the fainted Misdreavus.

Having fended off the attacking Spearow, Ollie concentrates on helping out his friend. "All right Handy, show that last birdy what you've got!"" He aims another swing of his baseball bat.

Colin's Current HP: 15/72
Ollie Current HP: 17/40
Solly's Current HP: 11/15

Colin's Capture Roll: [roll0]

Ollie's Accuracy Check: [roll1]
Ollie's Damage Roll: [roll2]

Handy
Scratch – Normal
The user throws out their clawed arm, scraping the target’s body.
At-Will – 2
Melee
2d10
Effect: 1 Target, Pass
Accuracy Check: [roll3]
Damage Check: [roll4]
STAB: [roll5]
Life Orb: [roll6]

HappyBlanket
2011-05-05, 02:22 PM
The pokedex targets the surrounding enemies, but a pitiably slow processor seems to take an eternity to provide anything useful.

Sarah twirls her baton, egging her companion onwards. Sensing Bishop's discomfort, she reaches into a small pouch at her side, removing a fresh pokeball from within. She didn't bring a weapon, nor did she have any other pokemon, but the least she could do was to follow his lead in capturing the little pests.

She tosses the Pokeball at a nearby Metapod, biting her lip as the creature is engulfed. It fails, unfortunately.

Pi flies forward, battering the Kakuna with another charge.

The Metapod sinks rapidly, knocking into Bishop. It's yellow shelled friend fires another of it's venomous strikes.

Sarah's Capture Roll DC35 [roll0]

Pi Tackles Metapod A
Accuracy DC4: [roll1]

Metapod Tackles Bishop
Accuracy DC4: [roll3]

Kakuna Poison Stings Bishop
Accuracy DC3: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Poisons on a 17-20

The remaining Shuppet and Buneary are similarly ensnared; the pokeball used to catch each flies directly back to the hand of the respective owner, a new inhabitant resting contently within.

Psycho gains 20 experience points for capturing the Shuppet
Psycho gains 20 experience points for capturing the Buneary

Though frustrated by previous failures, the Buneary by Matthew's side beat once more at the trainer.

Buneary C Pounds Matthew
Accuracy DC5: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8] x1.5 (Last Chance) =

Buneary B Pounds Matthew
Accuracy DC5: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

A tin outburst resonates through the air with Laura's first solid strike against the lid, making a small but definite dent in the surface; for a moment, it actually seems as if whatever kept the lid shut had come undone, for the lid appears to jump and even rattle from the impact. But on her second stomp, and on every stomp following, the signs of success are nowhere to be seen. The lid no longer shakes, and even the dent that seemed so easy to create no longer moves. Even the noise of boot against metal seems muffled.

Attempting to lift the chest, much like trying to stamp it open, seems easy enough at first. Laura lifts the chest with two hands for it's size, and finds that it's remarkably light for all the trouble it's putting up. However, she hardly moves the bothersome thing more than a few centimeters before it suddenly drops to the wooden floor, where it stubbornly remains with adamant resilience.

You hear a few clinking sounds as it hits the ground; presumably a few small chunks of who knows what hitting the inside of the box.

Gorgondantess
2011-05-05, 03:41 PM
Laura takes out her kunai, now attempting various other methods of opening- first she rams it into the side, trying to pry it open, and next just tries bringing the point down on the dent she made, if the chest is thin at all.
If neither of these things works, she turns to the spiritomb. "Well? Are you going to help out, or just keep watching?"

Namillus
2011-05-06, 10:07 AM
Matthew takes the second Buneary's pound straight on the chin - and drops.

Drogos
2011-05-06, 11:42 PM
Gwyn hesitates as she hears the unsettling whispers surrounding her. Not wanting to get LOST in the thick underbrush, she shrugs her left shoulder signaling her Murkrow to get off. She points to Sirocco with two fingers, then to her eyes and then to the grove the Drifloon went into. The Murkrow understands and silently and steathily hops into brush and comes back once it has gathered what is on the other side.

Bad Situation
2011-05-07, 12:57 AM
Bishops grunts noisily as the green pokemon barreled into his chest. The stinger missed his bloodstream again, but the lack of immediate danger didn't change the fact that the little buggers were beginning to annoy him.

Suddenly, Bishop remembered the potions he had previously stashed away in his bag. After what seems like ages, he locates the two spray canisters in the bottom of his bag and applies it to the wounded lizard at his feet.

"C'mon Loki you have to pull through for me..."

[roll0]

The-Mage-King
2011-05-07, 11:42 PM
The ralts on his head rippling with power, Ivan glares at the two buneary.

"Run if you think you can." He says, a screwdriver dropping into his hand as he fixes the damaged pokeball almost absentmindedly.

"You do not knock out humans."

"RAL!" Psycho cries, more power ammassing as it sends out a pulse of psionic energy, picking up the most damaged buneary and holding it in the air.

Trainer action: Use pokeball repair! [roll0]

Psycho is simply levitating the more damaged buneary so that it cannot move towards Ivan, away from Ivan, or attack Matt.

HappyBlanket
2011-05-08, 01:21 AM
From the hollow echo of her earlier kick, Laura surmises that the chest is thinly walled. By all means, the surface should have broken by now.

Prying open the lid doesn't seem to do any good; it stubbornly refuses to lift, despite Laura's best efforts and not inconsiderable strength. But as the resilient trainer attempts to stab at the chest's lid, she feels a sudden pressure clasping around her wrist, forcibly holding her arm in place above the box.

The unseen force presses against her wrist and some of her forearm, apparently determined to keep the curious trainer at bay. A few seconds pass before it shoves Laura's hands away from the box entirely with a rough push before relinquishing it's hold.

Depths of Magus Road: Gwyn
Sirocco returns unharmed shortly after, spending a few seconds scouting within the grove. It directs it's beak to the leaves imploringly, ruffling it's feathers in anticipation.

The poison stinger missed it's mark by far, landing harmlessly in the ground.
Pi delivered a strong below at last, but it's target remains healthy enough to continue fighting.

Grimacing slightly at the failure of her last attempt, Sarah flings another pokeball; this time her Pidgey's target, hoping to remove it from the battle while her feathered friend focuses it's attention on a different target.

Pi flies against the Kakuna.

The threaded vermin swing on their strings like absurd pendulums, striking the trainers again. The Metapod strikes bluntly, and the Kakuna fires yet again.

Sarah's Capture Roll <DC55 [roll0]

Pi Tackles Kakuna B
Accuracy DC4: [roll1]

Metapod Tackles Bishop
Accuracy DC4: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] ICTAH included

Kakuna Poison Stings Bishop
Accuracy DC3: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] ICTAH included
Poisons on a 17-20

Speed Order
9 - Buneary
9 - Buneary
7 - Psycho

The Buneary are quick, and the pair act before Psycho gets his chance; they dash to Ivan with feral shouting and rage, dividing their strikes between the trainer and the pokemon.

vs. Ivan
Accuracy DC4: [roll7] (this is a miss)
Damage: [roll8] x 1.5

vs. Psycho
Accuracy DC2: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]

((it is now Masa's Pokemon turn, followed immediately by Ivan)

Drogos
2011-05-08, 01:47 AM
Gwynn follows her pokemon's lead and goes through the brush into the dark grove anticipating a battle, judging by her pokemons behavior. She hoped she was right.

Bad Situation
2011-05-08, 01:53 AM
He smirks as the small orange lizard slowly climbs back to its feet. With Loki back in the game, things were sure to go his way.

Probably. Things had a way of not going the way he expected. Oh well, you only lived once after all.

"Loki! Burn them all! Burn them all to the ground!" he cackled maniacally. Then, remembering the flora surrounding him he realized that he as a human being did not quite enjoy being burnt to death.

Clearing his throat awkwardly he adds, "but...try not to burn down the forest..."

Loki rolled his eyes at his trainer's theatrics but carried on regardless, spitting a mouthful of fire at the nearest Kakuna.

[roll0] - Accuracy
[roll1] - Ember Damage
[roll2] - STAB

Gorgondantess
2011-05-10, 12:58 AM
Frustrated to death of this nasty little box, and running out of options, she decides to sleep on it.
Literally.
Finding some not-so-nasty clothes, she beats off the dust and lays it down as a sortof mat, then taking off her coat tosses it on top of the chest and in an act of both spite and sheer fatigue (she is tired, and this thing isn't helping) takes a nap using it (and her coat as padding) as a pillow.
The problems of this chest would be the problems of the morning. Or night, or evening, depending on how far sleep takes her.

The-Mage-King
2011-05-10, 01:15 AM
Psycho, now concentrating with pure rage, simply blasts the stronger looking Buneary with psychic energy, ignoring Ivan's orders.

Ivan, taking note of that, slips another blade into his hand from his sleeve and attacks the weaker one with a thrown blade, hopping back a few steps to get some distance.

Psycho used CONFUSION!
Acc.[roll0] Target-2 plus least injured buneary's evasions for Special attacks.

Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]

Ivan used KNIFE!

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Acc: [roll3] Target 6 plus more injured buneary's evasions for physical

Woodsman
2011-05-10, 11:19 AM
Jack follows Gwyn, a bit nervous but knowing Larvitar's Bite would help protect them.