PDA

View Full Version : Starslip I: The Curation Of A Lifetime

The Pressman
2011-04-05, 10:48 PM
http://www.starslip.com

This excellent comic seems to be neglected. It is really a member of a select few comics that combine pleonasm, intriguing takes on science fiction science, and art museums.

Now...

Time Travel!
Curation!
Excitement!
Pirates!
Diamond-Coated Mahogany Laser Pulse Tubes!

Fri
2011-04-06, 07:37 AM
I used to read it daily and I remember I quite like it. I stopped reading at the reset event. I'm just annoyed that everything that had happened until that point is moot now, and didn't feel like reading it anymore. I know that it's pretty unfair though, it didn't really reset everything everything, but eh. I've been meaning to start reading it again for years, only to kept forgotting it. Maybe I'll start reading it again now.

ninja_penguin
2011-04-06, 12:22 PM
The reset event kind of killed it for me, too. I read it regularly, but it feels like there's a lot less actual plot or decent storyline development going on.

TheEmerged
2011-04-06, 06:23 PM
The reset event kind of killed it for me, too. I read it regularly, but it feels like there's a lot less actual plot or decent storyline development going on.

Thirded. I don't think I've read it since.

The Pressman
2011-04-06, 06:25 PM
Aww. I get the feeling, however, that we're due a plot soon.

tonberrian
2011-04-06, 10:51 PM
I didn't mind the reset event, really. I just stopped reading it afterwards.

Thalraxal
2011-04-06, 11:29 PM
I quite liked the Reset event itself, that was awesome, but its felt like the comic's been missing something since they transferred over to the Paradigm. I still follow Starshiftslip Crisis, but not as regularly as I used to.

The Pressman
2011-04-07, 09:09 AM
I think what it's missing is an art museum.

ninja_penguin
2011-04-07, 09:34 AM
That's sort of true. I think the biggest problem for me is that Vanderbeam has failed to progress as a character, or to keep any of his progression. I did not go and say RUINED FOREVER when the reset event happened, but I just sort of drifted away because something of what I was enjoying about the comic wasn't there anymore.

Reverent-One
2011-04-08, 10:18 AM
While Kris has moved back to more "adventure of the week" plots rather than the larger, more overarcing ones that he's done before the reset, it's not because he's forgotten about them, as shown in today's comic. It seems to me that Starslip normally has a number of the (mostly) self-contained, adventure of the week plots that eventually lead to some more major event.

The Pressman
2011-04-08, 05:42 PM
As I said, incoming plot. Time-suit disappearing, yes? I WONDER WHERE TO.

While Kris has moved back to more "adventure of the week" plots rather than the larger, more overarcing ones that he's done before the reset, it's not because he's forgotten about them, as shown in today's comic. It seems to me that Starslip normally has a number of the (mostly) self-contained, adventure of the week plots that eventually lead to some more major event.

Much like some campaigns.

EDIT: What do you think is going to happen as a result of the upcoming plot?

Midnight Lurker
2011-05-04, 07:11 PM
The official Starslip forum is down, and there was this thread just hanging around...

The plot moves slowly... but it does go places.

Hey, young Jovia may have boarded the Fuseli! And here's a certain AI who's been waiting a long, long time for these events to... eventuate.