PDA

View Full Version : Super Hero 4th?

Grug16
2011-04-06, 02:16 AM
I came up with an idea for a Super Hero game based on the fourth edition rules. So when a character gets powers, they get actual powers! Classes would be various hero archetypes like Brick, Elementalist, Magician, Gadgeteer, and their power and feat choices would shape their identities.

Thoughts?

Oracle_Hunter
2011-04-06, 02:44 AM
Had a friend who redid a module for some obscure superhero game for 4th Edition. It worked out pretty well, actually.

Good luck, I guess? :smallsmile:

WitchSlayer
2011-04-06, 03:34 AM
Could also toss in some Gamma World as the choices tend to be very superhero-y

Christopher K.
2011-04-06, 08:00 AM
I actually had this same idea a while back. It works out pretty well, even if all you do is reuse Gamma World character creation and have it set in a modern city. If you needed help with anything, feel free to ask me and I'll try to help as adaptations like this are one of my favorite uses of 4e rules.

Until I read Mr. Welch's list, I even played a superhero named Collateral Damage Man. :smalltongue:

Erom
2011-04-06, 09:35 AM
This is something 4e does particularly well, IMO. Good luck and have fun.

Duos Greanleef
2011-04-06, 11:41 AM
I went totally A.D.D. for a minute, and read Christopher K's signature post about the race of Fey Squirrels. Coming back to this forum, I want to make a character in the line of CH'P: The coolest Green Lantern ever with the worst GL death ever.