PDA

View Full Version : Kyeudo's Truenamer Fix: Power Level?

Zergrusheddie
2011-04-06, 03:32 AM
To anyone that doesn't know what I am talking about:Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120488)

What power range does this Truenamer fall into? I am going to play it in a campaign that is pretty heavily tier 3 and I don't want to have to say "Well, I didn't think I could do THAT" if I asplode the campaign.

Best of luck y'all.
-Eddie

TroubleBrewing
2011-04-06, 11:22 AM
Tier depends as much on play style as on the abilities of the class in question. Not every wizard is batman; some are blasters. Not every cleric is a CoDzilla; some are healbots.

I imagine the fixed Truenamer will have no problems in Tier 3 play.

Draz74
2011-04-06, 11:50 AM
I don't think Kyeudo's fix has gotten playtested enough to firmly assign it a Tier. Congratulations, you're one of the few, the proud, the guinea pigs, the playtesters.

Let us know how it goes.

Kobold-Bard
2011-04-07, 08:39 AM
I played it in PbP for all of 4 pages before the game fell apart. Definitely worked better than the original, and worked quite nicely.

If I understand the Tiers I think it can go in Tier 3; its not a world breaker (so not T 1 or 2), but it's not limited to practically a single shtick (Tier 4). It can do a bit of everything and does it quite well.

Zergrusheddie
2011-04-07, 09:31 AM
I played it in PbP for all of 4 pages before the game fell apart. Definitely worked better than the original, and worked quite nicely.

If I understand the Tiers I think it can go in Tier 3; its not a world breaker (so not T 1 or 2), but it's not limited to practically a single shtick (Tier 4). It can do a bit of everything and does it quite well.

Any advice would be appreciated. :smallsmile: