PDA

View Full Version : Please help a Feud

Sholos
2011-04-06, 09:35 AM
A Family Feud, that is! My local anime club is running a Family Feud type game next week, and the guy who's responsible for the questions asked me to get some responses. If anyone here could see to answering the questions in this survey (http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=ILMHFI_ba420260), we'd appreciate it. There's only 10 questions, and they're all based on anime/anime culture. Thanks!

SDF
2011-04-06, 10:31 AM
This might do better in the media subforum anime topic. I can't answer half of those without looking them up.

Asthix
2011-04-06, 12:49 PM
Interesting questions. One definitely has to be a pro (or Japanese I guess) to answer all of them without looking things up. When I hit finish survey, it took me to the registration page. I think it went through but I don't really register for sites I'm probably only going to use once, so...

Eldan
2011-04-06, 01:01 PM
Aaand, I could only answer one of those questions. Even though I do watch some anime from time to time.

Sholos
2011-04-06, 02:41 PM
This might do better in the media subforum anime topic. I can't answer half of those without looking them up.

Hmm, good point. I'll ask for it to be moved.

Interesting questions. One definitely has to be a pro (or Japanese I guess) to answer all of them without looking things up. When I hit finish survey, it took me to the registration page. I think it went through but I don't really register for sites I'm probably only going to use once, so...

I ... did not realize it would do that. I'll check and see if it requires that, and if so I'll remove the link. Either way, I'll update.

Mina Kobold
2011-04-06, 02:55 PM
I only had to look up one of those...

And that's the names of voice actors.

Fun little survey. :smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2011-04-06, 03:03 PM
Done! Thank you, come again.

Sholos
2011-04-06, 04:13 PM
UPDATE: You do not have to register for the site.

The-Mage-King
2011-04-06, 07:08 PM
Done. If you would mind posting the results here, it would be interesting to see...

AsteriskAmp
2011-04-06, 10:48 PM

Not really, I mean, if you've seen about 3 or 4 you can definitely make it.

Anyone who has seen at least dragonball Z can answer 8 out of the 10 questions easily.

Asthix
2011-04-07, 07:47 AM
I was referring to the phrases otaku and seiyuu and to a lesser degree 'magical girl series.' That's pretty specialized knowledge for your average American anime fan IMO.

Heck, I even looked up mecha pilot traits. Did you know the most popular trait according to google is apparently being female? :smalltongue:

Ursus the Grim
2011-04-07, 07:53 AM
Not really, I mean, if you've seen about 3 or 4 you can definitely make it.

Anyone who has seen at least dragonball Z can answer 8 out of the 10 questions easily.

Lol. I completely forgot about DBZ. The only one I didn't answer is the seiyuu question.

Sholos
2011-04-07, 07:59 AM
Done. If you would mind posting the results here, it would be interesting to see...

I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be too hard to get the results.

Also, seiyuu = voice actor (probably should have mentioned that) and otaku = obsessed fan (more or less).

Kato
2011-04-07, 08:05 AM
Well, I did my best. Nothing really hard about, imo. Though I can't really decide on my favourite series when the season's only a week old.

Brother Oni
2011-04-07, 11:41 AM
Could answer every one except the 'looking forward to this season' as I don't watch much anime any more.

I'm curious as to what people answered as to 'didn't want parents to know'. :smalltongue:

Ursus the Grim
2011-04-07, 11:45 AM
Could answer every one except the 'looking forward to this season' as I don't watch much anime any more.

I'm curious as to what people answered as to 'didn't want parents to know'. :smalltongue:

I went with Berserk, especially for the occult tones and the rape scene. Gantz was a close second, followed by Highschool of the Dead, Sekirei, and a number of ecchi anime. :smallbiggrin:

Brother Oni
2011-04-07, 12:03 PM
I went proper old school and went with a borderline video nasty - Urotsukidoji.

Mina Kobold
2011-04-07, 12:05 PM
I was referring to the phrases otaku and seiyuu and to a lesser degree 'magical girl series.' That's pretty specialized knowledge for your average American anime fan IMO.

Heck, I even looked up mecha pilot traits. Did you know the most popular trait according to google is apparently being female? :smalltongue:

I understand Seiyuu but Otaku is pretty much a borrowed word for anime fan, just like Trekkies are Star Trek fans.

Magical girl series is just a series with a magical girl as the heroine, most known one in America being Sailor Moon. :smallsmile:

I'll see what I can do. Shouldn't be too hard to get the results.

Also, seiyuu = voice actor (probably should have mentioned that) and otaku = obsessed fan (more or less).

Oi! We're not obsessed!

I mean, I haven't bought every localised Manga I could find. >_>

EDIT: I just answered "Sailor Moon? Maybe" because I really couldn't think of anything.

My parents could just look over my shoulder if they wanted to see waht I watched anyway.

Brewdude
2011-04-11, 05:18 PM
I watch a decent amount of anime. Seiyuu is not in my vocabulary. Otaku is, but only as a Japanese word for nerd, with different connotations than the word nerd has in America. When asking about what series we're looking forward to, if you meant anime series, the questions should specify it. It seems odd that all the other questions were about anime topics and the series question seemed so broad. (I answered Game of Thrones, myself).

Aside from that, nifty set of questions.

Sholos
2011-04-17, 07:49 PM
Here's (http://honya-ch.com/2011/04/15/anime-survey-says/) a list of the questions along with the top 7 or 8 responses for each.

Ursus the Grim
2011-04-18, 08:10 AM
Interesting responses. I have to say very few of my responses actually ranked, though I can agree with the ones that did.

I had assumed H-anime were out of the "embarassing anime" question, and thus I had answered with a seinen instead of flat out hentai. Lol at Hourou Musuko though.