PDA

View Full Version : An Exceedingly Geeky Question

Cisturn
2011-04-06, 09:27 PM
Hey guys, as the the tread title says I have an exceedingly geeky question. My tenth level cleric has the leadership feat but no cohort as of yet. I talked it over with my group, and they want to me to build Goldar from the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers tv show as my cohort. How would you playgrounders build him? Would you start with a gargoyle and lather on gold paint? a humanoid sphinx? or a changeling that just likes blue monkeys in golden armor? All official books are free to use.

Here's a picture of him:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lLsdaCVk3Kk/Sf-v21w_8NI/AAAAAAAA4KM/jEX-tulNNt0/s1600/mmpr-zyu-goldar.jpg

NNescio
2011-04-06, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, as the the tread title says I have an exceedingly geeky question. My tenth level cleric has the leadership feat but no cohort as of yet. I talked it over with my group, and they want to me to build Goldar from the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers tv show as my cohort. How would you playgrounders build him? Would you start with a gargoyle and lather on gold paint? a humanoid sphinx? or a changeling that just likes blue monkeys in golden armor? All official books are free to use.

Here's a picture of him:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lLsdaCVk3Kk/Sf-v21w_8NI/AAAAAAAA4KM/jEX-tulNNt0/s1600/mmpr-zyu-goldar.jpg

He's supposedly based on gryphons.

A Raptoran/Lion or Raptoran/Griffin hybrid with the Tauric template would work.

tyckspoon
2011-04-06, 10:56 PM
Hound Archon seems like the obvious starting point to me, possibly using Savage Species' monster class to adjust to the correct level for your level and Leadership score. The wings would be kind of tricky to come by, especially without hiking its level adjustment to the point of uselessness, but you've got "big muscley humanoid with animal face" there, and celestials are expected to be kind of gaudy so shiny gold plate armor wouldn't be out of place.

Coidzor
2011-04-06, 11:26 PM
...I just had the weirdest thought of Anthro Baboon + Winged...

KillianHawkeye
2011-04-07, 06:01 AM
A Raptoran/Lion or Raptoran/Griffin hybrid with the Tauric template would work.

That would produce a quadrepedal creature, which Goldar is not.

Yora
2011-04-07, 06:38 AM
I think using a gargoyle as the base doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Maybe make it a half-fiend gargoyle.

Eldan
2011-04-07, 06:43 AM
Winged and dog-faced...

Werewolf Avariel or Raptoran in hybrid form?