PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans Comic!

true_shinken
2011-04-06, 11:56 PM
OK, so after a year of very crappy writing, Teen Titans is finally back on track from issue 88 on. Is anyone else reading this?
I'm loving it, though I dislike three things - Bart becoming somewhat of a womanizer so as to make him more similar to Wally in the Young Justice cartoon, Static Shock leaving the team... and the worst - Conner and Cassie breaking up because they want to hook Conner up with Lex Luthor's niece in his book.

Lurkmoar
2011-04-07, 08:55 AM
OK, so after a year of very crappy writing, Teen Titans is finally back on track from issue 88 on. Is anyone else reading this?
I'm loving it, though I dislike three things - Bart becoming somewhat of a womanizer so as to make him more similar to Wally in the Young Justice cartoon, Static Shock leaving the team... and the worst - Conner and Cassie breaking up because they want to hook Conner up with Lex Luthor's niece in his book.

Isn't Superboy supposed to still be cloned Superman/Luthor? You'd figure that would give him a slight pause... cousins are distant enough, but still...

true_shinken
2011-04-07, 10:23 AM
Isn't Superboy supposed to still be cloned Superman/Luthor? You'd figure that would give him a slight pause... cousins are distant enough, but still...

He mentions it feels weird in his book, but it's obvious the writers are trying to get them together.

Traab
2011-04-07, 08:06 PM
I always liked Static. I missed it when his series went away.

true_shinken
2011-04-07, 08:08 PM
I always liked Static. I missed it when his series went away.

Looks like Static is getting his own book, actually,

Traab
2011-04-07, 08:18 PM
Meh, im not much of a comic reader anymore. Heck, my main source of comics used to be, once every year or so, my aunt would give me a garbage bag full of old comics her kids were done with and id read through those. :p I had everything, marvel dc, main line heroes like xmen or the fantastic four, and some of the lesser known ones like that whole infinity gauntlet crew. I got into it for awhile, then lost track for a bit, and when I came back there were several dozen spin offs with storylines I knew nothing about and I just lost interest. Now I just keep my collectables nicely sealed and safe, just in case one day they are worth selling.... and I can find a comic book store thats actually willing to BUY comics.

true_shinken
2011-04-07, 09:03 PM
Meh, im not much of a comic reader anymore.
Too bad. There are some pretty good books these days. Teen Titans and Avengers Academy spring to mind.

Ravens_cry
2011-04-08, 05:07 PM
I liked the cartoon, but the comics I have read didn't seem to have the same sense of fun that the cartoon did.
I enjoyed what I read of the Power Girl series. She seemed to genuinely enjoy being a superhero, without being a ditz about it.

true_shinken
2011-04-09, 08:15 AM
I liked the cartoon, but the comics I have read didn't seem to have the same sense of fun that the cartoon did.
The comics are very different from the cartoons indeed. I enjoy both.

Ravens_cry
2011-04-09, 06:54 PM
The comics are very different from the cartoons indeed. I enjoy both.
I am glad to hear that.:smallsmile:
Is the "Teen Titans Go" comic any good?

true_shinken
2011-04-09, 06:55 PM
I am glad to hear that.:smallsmile:
Is the "Teen Titans Go" comic any good?

Dunno. Never read it. I heard it follows the cartoon very closely, though.

Dr.Epic
2011-04-09, 10:16 PM
I was never a fan of the Teen Titans. I didn't hate them, but the most exposure I got to it was that show on Cartoon Network I really didn't care for. One thing that always bugged me about Teen Titans was how can you have Robin without Batman? I just doesn't really make sense when you think about it (at least coming from my limited knowledge of comics).

true_shinken
2011-04-09, 10:34 PM
I was never a fan of the Teen Titans. I didn't hate them, but the most exposure I got to it was that show on Cartoon Network I really didn't care for. One thing that always bugged me about Teen Titans was how can you have Robin without Batman? I just doesn't really make sense when you think about it (at least coming from my limited knowledge of comics).

Robin has had solo stories since 1947, in the Star Spangled Comics magazine. In fact, Geoff Johnson has already stated that he sees **** Grayson as the natural leader inthe DC universe - not Superman or Batman, but **** Grayson. Grant Morrison also had him as the backup leader of the Justice League in Batman's emergency protocols.
In fact, **** has been his own man for most of his publication history. He left for university on 1969, when Batman was returned to his dark roots. He was only a sidekick for 7 years, he had his solo stories plus was a sidekick for 22 years following that and has been his own man for 32 years now.
Tim, the third robin, got his own book as soon as he was introduced. In his new book Red Robin, he is considered Batman's equal by none other than Ra's Al Ghul.
Basically, Robin is a lot more than Batman's sidekick.