PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Race] Asorč Inherit (with class progression!)

Sacrieur
2011-04-07, 12:49 AM
Asorč Inherit

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/172/f/6/Swordsman_by_bakks.jpg
---

The Asorč are a proud and noble warrior race. They exist on a plane coined Tempest by travelers, it is in a constant state of turmoil, with two conflicting sides. The Asorč represent the Light, what they call their home-- a sentient good-aligned plane. This plane coexists with a sentient evil-aligned plane, the Dark. No one knows how exactly it started, but a war rages between the two planes.

It is said the Asorč are the children of the plane itself, created for the purpose of destroying the Dark. They have an extreme distaste for evil, though mostly that of the most chaotic and unrestrained. Their bodies have been built for battle, and they have superhuman abilities.

Sometimes, they frequent other planes to recruit others to fight the Dark by gifting them with their inheritance. The creature gifted begin to manifest superhuman abilities and takes on the traits of the Asorč. They become interested in battle, and grow a distaste for evil.

---

Prerequisites
One must have inherited the gift of the Asorč by an elder member of the race.

Alignment
Always good.

Hit Dice
d10.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|
Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|+2 Str, Aura of Brilliance

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|+2 Str, +1 Dex

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|+2 Str, Torch of Radiance

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|+2 Str, +1 Wis

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4|+2 Str, Blazing Resolve

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|+2 Str, +1 Dex

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5|+2 Str

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|+2 Str, +1 Wis

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|+2 Str, Starlight

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|+2 Str, +1 Dex, +1 Wis[/table]

Skill Points
(2 + Int modifier) per level.

Class Skills
The Asorč Inherit’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (planes), Sense Motive (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Proficiencies
Asorč Inherit gain proficiency with simple weapons, all martial weapons, all armors, light shields, and heavy shields. All previous proficiencies are kept.

Attribute Increase
The [Monster] gains +2 to strength at all levels, +1 to dexterity and wisdom, in an alternating fashion. At level 10, a bonus to wisdom and dexterity is granted.

Aura of Brilliance (Su)
Starting at 1st level the Asorč Inherit gains an aura of sun-like light. It can only be seen by the Detect Aura spell or similar ability.

Torch of Radiance (Sp)
At 3rd level, the Asorč Inherit gains the ability to create a single orb of sunlight, as the spell Dancing Lights (caster level equal to race level), at will. The light is not suppressed by magical darkness, but it dampens the effect by halving its range.

Blazing Resolve (Ex)
At 5th level, the Asorč Inherit becomes immune to fear and fear effects.

Starlight (Sp)
As Torch of Radiance, except that the spell is not dampened by magical darkness. Additionally, all good-aligned creatures within 5 feet of the orb gain Fast Healing 1.

---

Disclaimer
The Asorč are an extremely rare sight on planes outside of Tempest. DMs be wary, this race has an extremely powerful strength progression. Do not allow this race without first looking it over carefully.

Comments
This is a race template/prestige that I created for a particular campaign, turned into a tad more. There's a ton of back story I want add about the Light and Dark. The Asorč home is a truly a magnificent place, but not at all safe. The Dark is a frightening place of pure evil, and it is so terrifying that few dare venture there.

Anyway, yeah, superhuman warriors. Only half of the class. Like I said, I just built it for a specific campaign, so I really dunno. I don't feel like it's over/under powered. But meh. Probably going to get comments along the lines of, "But you're just upping numbers!" Yes and no. The Asorč are incredibly strong, they need big numbers to battle the Dark. An elder Asorč has power along the lines of destroying a mountain, so it's really like... Yeah we need big numbers.

Changelog
4/7/11 - 1:44 AM: Original post.
4/7/11 - 11:31 PM: Edited Base saves, they were one off.

Shark Uppercut
2011-04-07, 06:24 PM
So that's what you are. Good to know.
Shouldn't the Fortitude and Will saves be 1 higher, if you're using the default stats for "high" saving throws?

Sacrieur
2011-04-07, 10:29 PM
So that's what you are. Good to know.
Shouldn't the Fortitude and Will saves be 1 higher, if you're using the default stats for "high" saving throws?

Ermm, yes, my bad =P

Jarian
2011-04-07, 10:40 PM
Given that it's for a specific campaign, I can't really comment on your internal balance. I will, however, point out that the only other prestige class printed that gives strength boosts like this one, the War Hulk, does not give any base attack bonus, let alone full. This makes the War Hulk look incredibly tame by comparison.

Sacrieur
2011-04-07, 10:57 PM
Given that it's for a specific campaign, I can't really comment on your internal balance. I will, however, point out that the only other prestige class printed that gives strength boosts like this one, the War Hulk, does not give any base attack bonus, let alone full. This makes the War Hulk look incredibly tame by comparison.

You should see what they have to fight on a regular basis =P (I think I'll throw up that template tonight).

I tried to keep it balanced with other races. Trolls get +1 str/+1 con every level, for a bonus of +2 ability score. It's a crazy stretch to include +2 str progression at every level, but the goal is to have them be full-fledged Asorč in terms of strength. I could always make it a 15 level progression, only using +1's on even levels. They also get some pretty nifty abilities, which this lacks for the most part, save for immunity to fear and an orb that can heal you. Good will save and good fort save progressions were a necessity, as was BAB. It just falls in line with what the race is.

I'll add a disclaimer about using it though.