PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Mutations Search

Endless Query
2011-04-07, 01:19 AM
Well, last thread I tried got pretty prompt responses and such, so let's go again!

I'm trying to model some things in Exalted, and I was wondering if there were mutations for any of the following, as I haven't gotten to look in many of the books except like Scroll of Heroes for, well, mutations, I appeal to your greater experience:

1) A negative mutation for having excessively different looking features, like, say, having green skin color or vine-like hair or something, specifically in terms of being glaringly not normal without any of the add ons a lot of the others have like your hair being a mass of murdersnakes and such. Kind of like the too perfect beauty one, except... More obvious, and more so.

2) A mutation that causes some sort of trailing effect that makes you easier to track (I'll admit I'm asking this mostly for personal humor reasons. Must make a nature godblooded that actually has grass and flowers spring out of the ground behind her when she walks...)

3) Is there a flat spirit vision mutation? I remember seeing a ghostblood only one that let you interact with all spirits as though they were material or something, but is there one that just lets you see spirits flat? (and is it in Scroll of Heroes so I can feel stupid for asking?)

and

4) Actually, thinking of the nature girl, is there a mutation that makes you photosynthetic? I mean, I doubt it, because I have no idea what the effect would be, but it seems amusing when I think of it so I simply must ask.

All help is greatly appreciated (no matter how inane my reasons for wanting it might be, in fact, even more so under such petty circumstances), and I send my thanks in advanced (if for no other reason than if it's already known one or another does or does not exist I'm saved finding out what all books have Mutations hidden *SOMEWHERE* in them, I really wish Exalted had better organization)

Xefas
2011-04-07, 01:31 AM
I think there are ones for the 1st and 4th. I don't know them off the top of my head, but here is an index of all the Exalted Second Edition mutations (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Index_of_Second_Edition_Mutations) , if that helps.

golentan
2011-04-07, 01:35 AM
Pox: Wood Adaptation (from the Compass: The Wyld book) gives you not only photosynthesis but a host of other cool plant related abilities. Too perfect is really what you should go for for the social penalty, though you could do something like Disturbing Voice (-2 penalty on social rolls involving speech), which can easily be refluffed to other senses (they have one for scent, for example). Lidless Demon Eye/Chakra Eye from lunars gets you spirit sight, albeit in limited fashion. It could be refluffed a bit.

Can't think of one for the sprouting plants, but I'd probably do it as a 1-2 point negative custom mutation if it only provided drawbacks.

The_Snark
2011-04-07, 01:59 AM
Most mutations can be found in one of the following:
-the Core book
-Manual of Exalted Power: the Lunars
-Compass of Celestial Directions, vol. 2: The Wyld
-Scroll of Heroes

There are a few others scattered throughout the books (particularly Dreams of the First Age, Compass of Terrestrial Directions: West, and the Infernals book), but those are the ones with the best selection. The list Xefas links to can tell you where to find something specific if you've forgotten where it is.

Anyway, as for your specific wants... the first one could be represented by a visual equivalent to Disgusting Scent or Disturbing Voice (deficiencies, found in the Lunar book); -2 internal penalty to any Social roll where the other person can perceive your appearance and considers it unusual sounds pretty fair.

I don't think there's an existing mutation for the second, but it sounds like a deficiency at worst. Won't come up that often.

For the third, you want either Chakra Eye (affliction) or Lidless Demon Eye (blight). Both do what you're asking, but Chakra Eye requires a Perception + Awareness roll to successfully perceive a spirit, difficulty (spirit's Essence). Lidless Demon Eye doesn't need a roll and gives you all the benefits of All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight, but it's much more obvious, and inflicts greater penalties when you try to conceal it.

Fourth... Wood Adaptation is probably the closest to what you're looking for. It won't let you subsist completely on sunlight, but it will make it a little easier in the rare event that you run into a harsh environment with plenty of fresh water.

Edit- What golentan said, essentially.

Endless Query
2011-04-08, 02:39 AM
You all have been a great help, thank you very much, and that link list is very handy for figuring out what books are actually worth checking through. My appreciation to you all.

Psyborg
2011-04-08, 11:05 AM
There are also a few in Manual of Exalted Power: The Infernals, albeit largely demonic/evil in nature. (Huge shock, I know :smallcool:)