PDA

View Full Version : Does Anybody Here Play Inquisitor?

Lither
2011-04-07, 01:38 AM
Exactly as the title says. For those of you who don't know, Inquisitor is a tabletop skirmish game set around the Warhammer 40k universe. It currently (or "currently" last time I checked) is downloadable from the Games Workshop site for free.

So, the question is, do any of us here play Inquisitor or have ever played it?

The Rose Dragon
2011-04-07, 08:13 AM
This probably belongs in the Gaming (Other) section.

Swordguy
2011-04-07, 08:35 AM
This probably belongs in the Gaming (Other) section.

=][= has VERY heavy roleplay elements - it's not just a skirmish game a la Mordheim or Necromunda. I can see the argument for it being here. It required a GM, for one.

And nobody I know still plays it; it was a nice system, though the use of 54mm minis really hurt it. Gorgeous models, though.

king.com
2011-04-07, 08:42 AM
I used to play it a fair bit once upon a time, the in era before Dark Heresy was introduced to me. It was a fun game that needed to be approached in a certain way (it was very very VERY easy to power game) but it was definitely enjoyable.

Project_Mayhem
2011-04-07, 09:15 AM
I really enjoyed it when it came out, but after discovering more dedicated rpgs since ... it's kind of an rpg lite? Bit too complicated for a skirmish game, but too combat focused for an rpg.

... Although I guess you could say that about dnd I guess.

Talakeal
2011-04-07, 03:47 PM
I tried to play it, but could never actually find the rules for character creation, which was a bit off a turn off. Its the only RPG that I have read repeatedly and still don't have a clue how to make a character.

Lither
2011-04-07, 08:04 PM
I tried to play it, but could never actually find the rules for character creation, which was a bit off a turn off. Its the only RPG that I have read repeatedly and still don't have a clue how to make a character.

Inquisitor lets you do anything with your character. It's very open to character creation. You can generate stats by the section at the back of the book, or you can just decide to create a character without help. You can give your character whatever equipment and other abilities. As such, a character in Inquisitor is like a blank sketchbook; you make what you want of them.

EDIT: Still needs permission from the GM, though.

Weasel of Doom
2011-04-10, 05:34 AM
I bought a starter kit for it but never got a chance to play it. :smallfrown:

The rulebook sometimes comes in handy for DH though.