PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Miniatures Program?

Aeromyre
2011-04-07, 02:45 AM
I've got a buddy, who lives in texas and I'm currently in maryland moving to missouri. We want to play the Star Wars RPG Saga Edition over skype.
I was wondering instead of angling my webcam at my mat and him trying to tell where to move his miniature, is there a virtual miniatures program? Something we could either sharescreen or have share a connection through the program?

Thanks in advance

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-07, 02:46 AM
Try Maptool. It's not really a "miniatures system", but it works on a gridmap and tokens of various sizes can be used to represent figures.

MerlinTheWizard
2011-04-07, 04:18 AM
Another one is Gametable. You have to combine it with Hamachi in order to play online but it works just fine.

dsmiles
2011-04-07, 06:13 AM
Also, OpenRPG.

I've heard of people using Vassal for DnD, so SWSE shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Tyndmyr
2011-04-07, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I was gonna say Vassal. Once you get used to it, you can use it for nearly anything.

Bagelz
2011-04-07, 12:29 PM
maptools is the standard, but can require a little setup (worth it if you spend the time to learn).
I use screen monkey lite which just lets you load a background image (map) and drop some tokens on it that each player can move around. Its run through a web browser, so only one person needs to install the server software.