PDA

View Full Version : Whales Ate My Family [New Flaw]

Amiel
2011-04-07, 04:58 AM
Whales Ate My Family

You suffer from a crippling phobia of cetaceans and the ocean (or any large body of salt water; inland salt lakes). You are gripped with visible extreme rigidity any time the ocean comes into view, at least 120 feet away, or if the tang of salt spray greets your nostrils.

Effect
You take a -4 penalty to any attacks made and damage caused by cetaceans against you. By the third round, you may greater rage against the provoking cetacean.
You take a -2 penalty to any attribute, skill and ability check anytime you are within 120 feet of a large body of salt water, and always act with a -4 Initiative penalty. You are always slowed when within oceanic view.

Special
Your family must be eaten by whales to possess this flaw.

Sarco_Phage
2011-04-07, 05:02 AM
The greatest part about this flaw is that you can swap "Whales" for "Crabs" and "Cetaceans" with "Crustaceans" and it'd be just fine.

In fact, it'd be scarier.

Eldan
2011-04-07, 05:27 AM
Not really. I'd rather believe it about crabs than whales.

DracoDei
2011-04-07, 03:28 PM
With the effective DR 4/- and +4 AC against attacks from cetacean's this MIGHT almost qualify as a Trait... of course if you are playing in the middle of a desert it is pure Cheese.
(I am completely missing the point, right?)

Bhu
2011-04-08, 10:39 PM
The greatest part about this flaw is that you can swap "Whales" for "Crabs" and "Cetaceans" with "Crustaceans" and it'd be just fine.

In fact, it'd be scarier.

'Hamsters ate my family'

Otogi
2011-04-08, 10:42 PM
Playing The Sims Medieval, eh? Seems like a pretty interesting flaw, though.