PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Blast and SR

LansXero
2011-04-07, 11:55 AM
Hello, quick question: how would a lvl 8th warlock go about increasing their SR check for their eldritch blast?

Also, can a warlock use both a shape and essence at the same time? Do those count against your limit of invocations known? thanks for your answers :D

true_shinken
2011-04-07, 11:58 AM
Hello, quick question: how would a lvl 8th warlock go about increasing their SR check for their eldritch blast?
Assay Spell Resistance and caster level boosters.

Also, can a warlock use both a shape and essence at the same time? Do those count against your limit of invocations known? thanks for your answers :D
Yes and yes.

LansXero
2011-04-07, 12:01 PM
Assay Spell Resistance and caster level boosters.

Yes and yes.

The first is a spell, which I guess can be UMD-activated. Any examples on caster level boosters?

Cog
2011-04-07, 12:22 PM
Alternatively, you can bypass SR. Hammer Blast is a low-level invocation to simply get SR:No, Vitriolic Blast is a higher-level one that gets that and some ongoing acid damage.

Particle_Man
2011-04-07, 12:23 PM
There are feats: spell penetration, greater spell penetration, one that lets you take 10 on caster level checks.

For increasing caster level, there are the fey or fiendish heritage feats, each set of which has one feat that increases caster level on eldritch blast (and other invocations).

But you may not have the feat slots free.

Is it something that can wait until 11th level when you can get vitriolic blast and ignore SR anyhow?

thompur
2011-04-07, 12:57 PM
There are feats: spell penetration, greater spell penetration, one that lets you take 10 on caster level checks.

For increasing caster level, there are the fey or fiendish heritage feats, each set of which has one feat that increases caster level on eldritch blast (and other invocations).

But you may not have the feat slots free.

Is it something that can wait until 11th level when you can get vitriolic blast and ignore SR anyhow?

That would be Arcane Mastery.
When I play a Warlock, I always take Spell Penetration, Greater Spell Penetration, and Arcane Mastery. With those, you should not have to worry too much about level appropriate SR.

Thurbane
2011-04-07, 09:31 PM
Raising Caster Level (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872350/Raising_Caster_Level)