PDA

View Full Version : Lacuna - The Creation of the Mystery and the Girl from Blue City

Totally Guy
2011-04-07, 05:09 PM
Ok, I've read through this several times and I think that I'd love to run a one shot of this game. But I'm not sure I totally get it.

The premise is pretty much Inception. That's weird because the game was made way before the movie. You play agents that go into a shared dream space and confront Hostile Personalities. By eliminating the Hostiles the subjects are reformed into functional members of society. The dreamspace gets more and more twisted as the heart rates of the agents increase through failed rolls and interaction with the inhabitants of Blue City.

If I were to run a one shot it'd probably devolve into a "prank" session. !"%$%%$&%'($) *%+"'%%$& +%%'. - By the end of the session the setting would almost collapse in on itself.
m t I think I'd try to get the players thinking that the and reality are almost touching. It'd get rather meta in that I'd be treating the players as if they were actually asleep and it was all real. pL IL. t b 1tg b1 P ,bgtt Guidance for Subcontractors using Lacuna Device. List only one question on each form. dbtCb kt .Lt y l y h in the date required box

Raise the E6 in adequate time to avoid delays to your operations.
Then at the end of the session I would give them a form to fill in for "advancement purposes" (full of typos and questions brimming with accusation) and whilst they are distracted I'd leave. I wonder how long they'd wait for me.
||UUP1 tb toLSxg,SPvt |I U,k kPvtt

u/2Et o1Pg.U,..,bgtb TtllA U, kkPtvTb1tySSL kPgSLtt

Fhaolan
2011-04-07, 08:01 PM
Sounds like an interesting game. I've not heard of it before.

Uhm... By-the-bye, do you have a cat? I'm not sure what those odd strings of characters that appear to be injected into your post are? :smallsmile:

Totally Guy
2011-04-08, 03:48 AM
It isMystery|Mystery Agent|Agent Kaufmann|Code Wine
difficult to read when you are dreaming. You must have special training to deceipher the actual [INDENT[/INdeENt]words at all.

Britter
2011-04-08, 09:10 AM
I picked this up at PAX East this year, and I think it may be the most brilliant experiment in gmae design ever. It was a great read, a very short book, and a very simple yet interesting system.

I have no idea how I would actually play it.

First RPG book that cuased the hair on the back of my neck to stand on end. Very interesting and more than a little scary premise.

UserClone
2011-04-13, 04:48 AM
It actually sounds more like "The Cell," from your description, where the PCs are J-Lo and the setting is inside Vincent D'Onofrio's head.