PDA

View Full Version : Buying Game Supplies online?

The Glyphstone
2011-04-07, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know of a good website that sells game supplies - stuff like dry-erase grid maps in particular?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-04-07, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know of a good website that sells game supplies - stuff like dry-erase grid maps in particular?

Couldn't find any that worked well when we tried. That said, with a permanent marker (or an exacto knife for scoring) and a sheet of shower walling from Home Depot (the smooth white stuff), you can make a VERY large grid for use in gaming, provided you use washable markers.

dsmiles
2011-04-07, 05:40 PM
Have you looked into Gaming Paper? Not exactly dry erase, but it's pretty cheap.

Pink
2011-04-07, 05:41 PM
I dunno about dry-erase mats, but the wet-erase ones that chessex makes are pretty good. I enjoy mine. Just make sure you use wet erase markers and it's all good. I'm fairly certain you can buy them off any major retail website, like paizo, or possibly even amazon.

Edit: concerning the 'gaming paper' product, if I need to use paper instead of my mat, I can buy a big 50 page pad of grid paper used for flip charts at my local office supply store, it's the perfect size grid and it's only a little over $10 a pad.

The Glyphstone
2011-04-07, 05:49 PM
Actually, I just found waht I was looking for on Paizo's website - the Chessex mats, and some other brands that look competitive. Problem solved.

Tyndmyr
2011-04-07, 09:29 PM
For the record, Gale Force 9 (http://www.gf9.com/) is a purveyor of all things gaming, including a lot of things not actually meant for D&D, but that work really well for it.

For instance, the smoke, fire, ice, etc markers. Those things are fantastic for spellcasters.

The fantasy turn counter also is pretty fantastic for tracking resources, like healing surges and the like.

dsmiles
2011-04-08, 07:10 AM
For the record, Gale Force 9 (http://www.gf9.com/) is a purveyor of all things gaming, including a lot of things not actually meant for D&D, but that work really well for it.

For instance, the smoke, fire, ice, etc markers. Those things are fantastic for spellcasters.

The fantasy turn counter also is pretty fantastic for tracking resources, like healing surges and the like.
GF9 makes a crapton of awesomeness. :smallbiggrin: